“Day out with my aunt and uncle.”

Presque Isle Downs and Casino
Ranked #10 of 65 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located off Exit 27 on I-90, Eldorado’s Presque Isle Downs and Casino in Erie, PA is home to the hottest new slots, progressive table games, live racing (Sunday thru Thursday May thru September,) simulcast racing year-round and several dining options including LBV Steak & Pasta. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800 Gambler.
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I went along just for the ride. They're are a wide selection of slots and table games. It's set up a lot like mountaineer. I wonder if it's because it's owned by the same company? My aunt and uncle played they're free slot play. They get about 55$ each and played 4 hours. I just sat around watching. I didn't spend any money myself. Nothing special but it's a day out.

1  Thank Fenris B
in 47 reviews
"betting"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My first trip to Presque Isle Casino was a month ago with Breakaway Tours in New Castle, Pa. My mother and I went on this trip and it was great! This casino has it all. . good food, good slots and lots of friendly people. On Wed. the 11th , my husband and i drove up from New Castle(his first time here), and he was very impressed. Buffet was great, employees are very friendly and above its very clean.(slots hit about 60% of the time) which is o.k. Although we are 30 minutes closer to Mountaineer, we won't go back there. . after years of going regularly, it has become crappy all the way around, so, Presque Isle will be our go to Casino from now on. If you haven't been here yet, your missing out on a great time! Its worth the drive.

1  Thank colleen k
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is pretty fun, and I find the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Even the dealer at the blackjack table was patient and took her time explaining to me what "insurance" was. She even offered strategy advice.

I usually play video poker, and I haven't come out ahead yet. I've visited maybe three times and have lost every time.

There is a smoking and non smoking section, too.

1  Thank Patti K
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I go about every 6 weeks or so, no real set schedule. He's more into it than I am and I go to try to control how much he looses. Last time, in October, we lost, today we won a little less than what we lost last time, so we are not even yet. We live in Ohio and drive to Pa because they have $5.00 Blackjack tables, the Horseshoe in Cleveland does not. I always loose on the slots, but I still play for the fun of it. I also enjoy Blackjack. We have had the lunch buffet comp'd for us the last 4 times we've gone. The food has improved a lot from when they first opened and we ate there. It's not a 5 star, but good and like I said we have had it for "free", not that anything in a Casino is free!

2  Thank carol9580