“A fun casino.”

Presque Isle Downs and Casino
Ranked #10 of 60 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located off Exit 27 on I-90, Eldorado’s Presque Isle Downs and Casino in Erie, PA is home to the hottest new slots, progressive table games, live racing (Sunday thru Thursday May thru September,) simulcast racing year-round and several dining options including LBV Steak & Pasta. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800 Gambler.
Uniontown, OH
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A fun casino.”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

There are good slot machines. You win enough so that you can keep playing. I started out with $20, played for a couple of hours, and ended up with my $20. A fun time, and it didn't cost me anything.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank josie2270

Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worst casino experience consistently & will not go back!!!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am from Cleveland, Ohio, and since the announcement of Cleveland, Ohio getting a casino I have not won a dime at Presque Isle Downs Casino, in Erie, Pa.! My wife and I take her mother there because she likes the senior atmosphere, at Presque Isle Downs. Before the announcement, I would consistently gamble at Presque Isle and win about 35% of the time playing table games(Blackjack & Roulette). I made my money last even if I was not lucky that particular day.

Over the past two years, before and after the Horseshoe Casino in Cleveland, Ohio opening, I have lost every time I have gambled at Presque Isle Downs. And when I gambled there my money never lasted very long. When playing blackjack on every visit, I would consistently lose about 90% of the time and on some occasions lose 15 hands in a row. The dealer would consistently never bust when showing a 16, and would either pull a 4 or 5, for a dealer win. Plus, I have consistently witnessed 7 card 21's and 6 card 17's. The automatic shufflers seem to be very suspect and the dealers are quite rude!!

On my final visit last night, I played roulette after losing $300 at blackjack in 30 minutes. In 40 spins at roulette I hit 3 times. And when I hit, it was always on a minimum bet. I lost a substantial amount of money to say the least. When I finished playing roulette, I watched the roulette table for about an hour and was shocked to see that 90% of the time either a minimum bet or no bet won!! I will never go back and gamble at Presque Isle. The interesting point is that I play the exact same consistent way all the time. At The Horseshoe Casino, in Cleveland, Ohio and other casinos I do quite well. I have been gambling for about 20 years and all I have to say is, do not waste your time and money at Presque Isle Downs & Casino!!

Visited March 2013
5 Thank silentbutviolent
Jersey Shore
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Nice Casino”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The casino is very dark with black walls. The slot machine mix is very old. The security guard told me that they will be making some improvements to the casino shortly to include paint, new carpet and some new games. The buffet was very small and not very good in my opinion (I'm not a buffet lover to begin with) but it was the only thing open during my trip.

1 Thank WaterfallsLover
cleveland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Worth the drive from Cleveland - way better than Horseshoe”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Fun atmosphere...have visitied probably 3 times a year. Good mix of machines. Always have fun - though I dont always win. Very lively...good drink service. The girls on the floor are very nice, and attentive. They always offer me free play. If your staying the night - recommend the Quality Inn across the street....while we were there, we called Presque for a ride over Sunday morning. They sent a lovely young man in an Escalade who came in 5 mins. Very helpful and accomodating.

Cleveland, Ohio
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“They LOVE their customers!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This casino is so worth the drive from Cleveland. Pays out WAY better than Horseshoe in Cleveland. They have a great reward program and promotions every month.