“A Pleasant Throwback to the Days of Relaxed Dining”
Review of Danny's Restuarant and Lounge - CLOSED

Danny's Restuarant and Lounge
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Phone 814-868-4486
Fredericton, Canada
“A Pleasant Throwback to the Days of Relaxed Dining”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am old enough to remember restaurants before blaring music and a rushed dining experience. Danny's reminds me of the romantic restaurants of the past. The music was soft and the atmosphere serene. The wait-staff here are very attentive and since the dining room is small, you can get their attention when necessary.

My appetizer of bacon-wrapped scallops was excellent; the scallops tasted fresh. My entree of gnocci came with a very delicious homemade marinara sauce that reminded me of my Italian grandmother's. The only drawback encountered in our food is that my friend's shrimp scampi was too oily. Any pasta dish with a white sauce is best when the oil/butter is used sparingly, or else it tastes heavy.

The house-made bleu cheese dressing for the salad was very good. The chocolate-based pie my friend enjoyed for dessert was not out of a box, rather, homemade.

I had passed this rather obscured restaurant on Peach St. several times and been curious about it. I am glad that I finally tried it. It's the best Italian food I have encountered yet in Erie. I will definitely return.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank EarthHeals

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Quaint, old neighborhoods style restaurant”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Been there numerous times both socially and to take business clients. Small, tables are close, basically one room with bar. They do have a very extensive wine menu and the owner can help you select a wine. The italian food is good , we go there if we want to be able to carry on a conversation and not eat at a franchise.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank goodeats12
Erie, Pennsylvania
“A cute little Erie Gem....”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Danny's is a small restaurant situated in a house--they have great service and the food is OK. They are an italian restaurant so pasta is usually a good choice here. They have bar service and a cute little bar that you can eat at as well.

We have gone with our kids and without--either way it is a nice little place to try.

• Visited June 2012
“great tasting Italian”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

good food/good prices be careful not to miss the driveway

2 Thank Larry B
Pittsburgh
“Delicious homemade Italian entrees”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We learned of this restaurant from a friend. It is hidden away on Peach Street, so be on the lookout for it as it is easy to miss. This is a small restaurant with no more than 15 tables. My husband and I always order a veal entree . This past weekend I had the veal parmesan, and my husband ordered veal neptune. This is a veal dish that has shrimp with it . Exquisite! All of the food is fresh and made to order. Remember to make a reservation so you will not be disappointed and turned away at the door.

• Visited August 2011