“Always good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Not far off Hwy. 832 which goes right into Presque Isle Park
Reviewed November 24, 2012

family restaurant.Excellent sauce ( I buy qt meat sauce from take out).Nice atmosphere in dining room

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I called on a friday night to get in at 5:30 for 6 of us 45 minutes ahead if time. Got a table. Service is nice there, friendly but not WOW. Food is good but again, not WOW. The meatballs, my kids wouldn't even eat them, they are big and tough. Not soft. The pasta is good, the sauce is good...again not amazing. It is an Erie tradition, been around forever, but it isn't the best sauce. The garlic and olive oil/clam dish was bland that my husband got. The salad was good. The cheese manicotti good, again not great. Ginny's in Erie has better italian hands down, however Ginny's is just take out, no sit down. Their chicken parm the waiter didn't even recommend, he said it's just an OK dish. Serafini's is just "mailing it in" foodwise in my opinion. People in Erie go there to avoid Peach street chain restaurants, but it's ok. Everytime I go I forget that it was just an ok meal the last time. Then I remember after I start eating.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This was our first visit to Sarafini's but certainly won't be our last. When we got out of our car in the parking lot, I asked a couple leaving the restaurant how their dinner was. "It takes a while to get your food, but when you get it, it's very good." They were right about it being excellent! The meat ravioli was packed full of meat and served with 2 giant meatballs, the veal parm was delicious, and even the children's meals were good -- they came with bread, salad (or applesauce or fruit cocktail), and a drink. Our one son opted to order off the main menu and got a 10" pizza for $5.50! Very cheesy! I heard many diners tell their servers that this was not their first visit, and I can understand why!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We drove around Erie several times on our visit and finally found this great restaurant. The food was good and the price was right.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We only go to locally owned and operated restaurants these days. This is one of our regular places to eat, and has been for many years. Homemade pasta and sauce and meatballs are the specialties, but you can also get a good Lake Erie perch dinner here or a broiled flounder stuffed with crabmeat. Meatless pasta dishes are also available, plus a good selection of veal and steak entrees.The side salad is fairly plain, but the bread here is always good. The service is almost always quick, without feeling rushed. The room is large and holds a lot of tables, but even when it's packed, never seems too noisy for conversation. Since it is right on West 12th Street, it is easy to get to from almost anywhere in Erie. There is a large parking lot and easy access.

Been to serafini's? Share your experiences!