“Great Food and Even Better Service”

Lawrence Park Dinor
Ranked #1 of 414 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: GREAT Food, Great Prices, Friendly Staff, Clean Interior. Nostalgic 1948 Silk City diner (on the National Historic Registry) located in East Erie, Lawrence Park Township. Serving Breakfast from open till 11 am and Lunch 11 am to close. HOURS: Tuesday-Saturday 7 am to 3 pm. Sunday 8 am to 2 pm (serving from our Breakfast menu only on Sunday) Closed on Mondays.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at the Lawrence Park Dinor today. It was our first visit, but will definitely not be our last. The food was delicious. My wife ordered a Ruben Omelet. Eggs, cheese, sauerkraut and corned beef with thousand island for dipping. It was pure genius. I ordered eggs, homefries, sausage and toast. It was delicious as well. The best part, however was the friendliness of the staff. Everyone was genuinely happy to greet us as customers, and they made it feel like we were regulars even though it was our first visit.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We enjoyed a late lunch at the Dinor on Mar 14/13. Seeing the dinor from the outside and especially once you enter the door is like stepping back in time. This place oozes history and character. What a great change from the cookie cutter restaurants we are used to visiting. Classic comfort food is served up here including soup and salads, sandwiches and burgers, milkshakes and home made pies. Becky, the owner and her waitress that day went out of their way to make us and the other customers at the time welcome. Becky sat and talked with us between cooking and serving. My wife and I each enjoyed our Turkey bacon melt, While my daughters had a hotdog and BLT with a milkshake. All were delicious and even though we were well fed we could not resist trying the home made pies that Becky makes. I had the Coconut Cream pie and it was without a doubt the best I've had in a long time. My wife had a Blueberry Crumble which she enjoyed and my daughters each had pumpkin.
I'm glad we took the extra time to get to the dinor as it was well worth it. If your looking to get away from the norm, enjoy good classic comfort food, served by friendly staff in a historic dinor (its on the US registry of historic places) full of character then you have to try Lawrence Park Dinor when your in Erie, Pa
As a side note don't save your visit for supper as they are only open til 3 most days!!

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Now that we've begun to use our smartphones for more than calling and messaging, the world beyond our our own small patch is finally knowable. With sites like Tripadvisor anyone can find out which restaurant people like or what hotel provides good amenities or what's worth seeing in any given location. As a top contributor I've tried to help others find good food, value or worthwhile points of interest across the country and around the world.

Today, after a search of reviews my wife and I had lunch at the Lawrence Park Dinor.
It gives me great pleasure to report that this small restaurant offers some of the most satisfying and delicious food this side of anywhere.

I started with the fiesta chicken soup which was chocked full of chicken, veggies and flavor all held together by a touch of heat. Fantastic!

My second course was a six once mushroom swiss burger and fries. The bun was fresh, the thick patty just slightly bigger than the bun, the mushrooms grilled, the tomato slice large, the pickles bread and butter and the bright green leaf lettuce fresh and extending one half inch beyond the bun. This I believe is the best burger I've ever eaten.

I finished off the.meal with a slice of homemade stawberry and cream pie. superb!

Ten years ago I would have driven past this town unaware that such a wonderful restaurant existed. Now, thanks to the network all one has to do is search their phone, leave the highway and explore the world beyond the franchise chain stores.

Take the time to explore. Search out the different and unusual and once in a while your hunt will unearthed gold like The Lawrence Park Dinor.

1  Thank Commercialtourist
Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a college student I never know where to go in Erie. Finally found the donor and it was excellent! Definitely worth going back. Food was great, service was great! We talked with the owner and waitress after and they were friendly and personable. We said please come back anytime and I know she meant it.

1  Thank Cmacbride
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Me and my family were in town for a Splash Lagoon visit. We were sure glad we made a visit to this diner. The soup, chicken and biscuits, and pie were AMAZING! And the service was so personal. This isn't your everyday experience... it was much much better.

1  Thank Cara Z

Been to Lawrence Park Dinor? Share your experiences!