“High quality”

Colao's
Ranked #36 of 418 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Colao's Ristorante serves traditional, authentic Italian cuisine made from recipes that have been passed down through our family for generations. We also offer fresh veal, seafood and steaks, as well as unique nightly entree and appetizer features. We’re known for our uncompromising standards to the highest quality and freshest ingredients, all meals are prepared to order. Check out our extensive wine list featuring 12 premium wines served by the glass. Fresh, ingredients, handmade pasta, ravioli, rum-soaked tiramisu and cannoli!
Reviewed September 26, 2012

You know it is going to be good!! Some fine memories of elegant meals there. Not pretentious on the outside, but real quality inside.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

While on a trip to Erie some had suggested we try Caleo's and I am glad we did. The service was amazing and the food was the best that we have ever had. This is real Italian food, we devoured everything from our bread to our main course and both of us cleaned our plates! If you are coming to Erie and want a great meal, you HAVE to come here. I know some reviewers have said that it's expensive but you get what you pay for. If you want a crappy $12 pasta then go to Olive Garden.

We just recently returned from Erie again and decided to try Peppino's. We expected it to be as good as Caleo's or better and were very disappointed. (See my review for there as well) When in Erie again we will make sure we go back!

1  Thank lvelez250
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We love this hidden gem for special occasions!
If you appreciate true Italian food (I'm not talking Olive Garden, but real Italian) than you'll love this local restaurant in Erie, PA.
The atmosphere is simple but sophisticated, but what you really go for is the food. I can't imagine anyone coming away hungry!
And if you splurge for dessert I recommend the lemon cake- it will amaze you! And one slice is plenty for two people to share!

1  Thank NClay
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We were in Erie for one night and this restaurant was recommended by a local! I thought $28 for five lobster ravioli was overpriced to say the least! My husband's pasta was $18! The salad was basic, as well as the bread, the dipping sauce was just ok! It is also in a very run-down neighborhood!

2  Thank 632Caroline
Reviewed July 21, 2012

You want veal? No other place to go. I have heard their lobster and crab ravioli is to die for although I didn't see it on the menu when we were there.

1  Thank Tom H