“Well worth the trip”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Mi Scuzi was great! My husband and I were in the Erie area over the July 4th weekend and were looking for an Italian Restaurant (not a chain) and we so wanted to go to Me Scuzi, however, it was closed. A few weeks later, I decided to ask my husband for a date and we drove the hour or so to Erie on a Friday night - We are so glad we did! The food was absolutely wonderful and we tried their drink of the week, a pear martini! Also very good. Now I think my husband wants to learn how to make martinis. We will definitely go back. When we dine out we always look for a little something out of the ordinary - after all, anyone can go to the Olive Garden - but to find good home cooking and great service is what going out to dinner is all about. Thank you Mi Scuzi for making our "date night" wonderful.

Michael F, Owner at Mi Scuzi, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

We're so glad you decided to make the trip from Mayville to come back and see us! The first week in July is usually spent on building maintenance and renovations, as well as giving the staff time off for the holiday. In 2015, we won't be closed for as many consecutive days! We're so glad you enjoyed your experience, and would love to see you next time you're in town!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Tonight we celebrated a very special occasion and were treated like family. The owner/chef truly made our experience a memorable one.
The scallops were "day boat" and as fresh as they could possibly get. Their famous Sea Bass was out of the world. The wine list is to die for and pages long. Every appetizer that our table tried was just as scrumptious and could satisfy anyone's taste buds. A quiet and comfortable atmosphere suited us all. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone. Chef Michael and his friendly staff are truly amazing in the kitchen and table side.

Michael F, Owner at Mi Scuzi, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you for your review, we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

It was okay at best. Let's start with the pushy waitress who kept trying to convince us that we should have a salad or appetizer - over and over again! I'm pretty sure I know what I want to eat. My ravioli was soggy! And the filling had no taste. I appreciate the San Marzano tomatoes - as that's all I cook with but the lack of other flavor was evident. No fresh basil, parsley, oregano, etc. My husbands feticcini with peas was just okay as well - not very creamy at all. Honestly, it was as if both meals had been pre-prepared and brought out in 2 minutes fast! Also, they would not permit us to eat outside when there were several tables open and the same tables continued to be open when we left. Perhaps Erie folks don't get out much. Not sure I understand all the rave reviews.

1  Thank CA_Blond_SFO
Michael F, Owner at Mi Scuzi, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have as enjoyable of an experience as last year, but we appreciate the suggestions for improvement! Please stop in and see us again when you're in Erie!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We discovered this gem on Trip Advisor list year on our trip through Pa, and last year we were very impressed. So this year we scheduled our overnight in Erie, so ewe could visit Mi Scuzi again. We made reservations and Kathleen was very nice giving us a table by the window (even though we did not specify). The food as usual was great, shared the mussels, I had the Veal Franco special and we both had desserts. All food was great, and Kathleen and Michael thanked us and made us fell like a locals.

We are already planning our stop here next year !

We will be back !

Michael F, Owner at Mi Scuzi, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

We are so glad to have been a part of your trip to Erie and that you enjoyed your experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again, thank you!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

How rare and utterly delightful it is to find a unique, high quality restaurant where the chef - owner makes you feel as though you are a most welcome guest in his home. You will NOT find this restaurant on the beaten path of tedious franchise chains that line many of the roads of Erie. Instead, Mi Scuzi is tucked away in a local neighbourhood, and has built its good reputation based on word of mouth. Even though there may not be heaps of parking in the little streets, Mi Scuzi makes it stress free by offering a very reasonable valet parking service, so you can jump out at the door. The staff are friendly, professional and equally welcoming. We ordered slight variations from the menu and nothing was too much trouble, as our special requests were cheerfully accommodated. And oh the food! Fresh local produce, beautifully prepared and presented. It was hard to choose from the extensive, enticing menu. We had the fried green tomato salad (delicious) with tomatoes grown in the chef' own garden, and two pasta excellent dishes. Both were beautifully prepared, absolutely delicious with plenty of interest without being heavy-handed. Truly, this man must love food and it shows in the delightful establishment he has built. It you are anywhere near Erie, this lovely very personal restaurant is worth going out of your way for.

Michael F, Owner at Mi Scuzi, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

We always make a concerted effort to accommodate any special requests of our guests! We strive to be sure that every one of our customers is delighted with their meals, and we are so glad to have been successful in making yours memorable. Please stop in and see us again!

Been to Mi Scuzi? Share your experiences!