“Bad ending to a great meal!”
Review of Mi Scuzi

Mi Scuzi
Ranked #4 of 423 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our server was very helpful and friendly. My Sea Bass was excellent. Te Bread Pudding (enough for 2 or more) was very tasty! HOWEVER - when I went to pay bill (and server knew I had a gift card AND an Erie Fine Dining Card) the owner came over and tells us we can't use both because the person who gave me the $50 gift card at Christmas had bought it on a promotion (25% off I think). Well that was not only slightly embarrassing - it made him appear pretty cheap & petty. I mean... it was NOT printed on the Gift Card so how I to know there was was some limitation on it. Really kind of ruined the whole dining experience. So we used the gift card but our FD Card may NEVER get punched now - if we don't return. He could have been gracious said since we didn't know and it wasn't on card - and we would have definitely been going back. Now - it's hard to say.

1  Thank Scott C

Reviewed May 28, 2013

One of our favorite Italian restaurants in the country is in our home town. We entertain business and family guests there, have never been disappointed, and our guests have always been pleased with the service and certainly the food. The owners directly manage the facility, and get to know every diner so that on return visits you are welcomed like family. We have tried virtually everything on the menu, and have a hard time naming a favorite, although the sea bass over risotto is among the top items.

Mi Scuzi is a small, intimate restaurant in a residential neighborhood with optional valet parking. Last summer they created an outdoor patio dining area that serves about 30, and this year they opened a second floor party room.

As our most recent visit was more casual than usual, and the temperature wasn't quite warm enough to eat outside, we chose to eat in the bar area which has about 10 seats plus a few two-top tables.

My favorite appetizer is the pear Gorgonzola caramelized onion flat bread pizza, but my taste buds are challenged to decide if it is really an appetizer or a desert. The soups vary but I was drawn to the pasta fagioli on this visit. I always want to order the fresh scallops when they have them, as they melt in your mouth. But that doesn't leave room for an Italian entree, so I'll have to return next week.

Michael F, Owner at Mi Scuzi, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words! We do our best here at Mi Scuzi to make everyone feel like family.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A hidden gem. We always have excellent service, and the food is exceptional.I just love the seabass dish!Expect to spend a bit but well worth it.

Michael F, Owner at Mi Scuzi, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

While returning to Erie for a business trip I had a wonderful meal at Mi Scuzi Restaurant. The staff was very knowledgeable and accommodating. My request for a special salad was honored and the pizza our group shared as an app was as good as any I've eaten. My guest had the lasagna and he said it reminded him of his grandmothers. Against my better judgement, I had the meat sauce and for the first time in a long time, was pleasantly surprised ! The atmosphere was cozy and charming. A true gem of a bygone era.
Two nights later, I returned for more pizza and ate at the bar. My service was great and the waitress remembered how I liked my salad. Mi Scuzi - A Special Place

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Last evening, four of us dined at this restaurant. We each ordered a different entree and each one was magnificent. The home-made rolls, alone, are worth the visit. The food, including the seafood, was fresh and the presentation was outstanding. As I have a seafood allergy, I am always wary when my table mates order seafood. Once I informed the waitress of my allergy, Chef Mike personally came to my table to assure me that my entree was prepared on a separate grill. Even though the restaurant was crowded, our service was outstanding and we never felt rushed. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Michael F, Owner at Mi Scuzi, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I'm so pleased that you and your guests had an enjoyable experience! We do take allergies and food sensitivity seriously, so you can always feel comfortable with special orders here. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Mi Scuzi? Share your experiences!