“What a find!”
Review of Mi Scuzi

Mi Scuzi
Reserve with OpenTable
Mi Scuzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 431 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I were travelling from Buffalo, NY to Cleveland, OH and decided to stop in Erie. After checking Tripadvisor for recommendations, we decided to dine at Mi Scuzi and all that can be said is; "What a find!"

We started with Italian Greens and fresh baked rolls with shaved Parmesan cheese. This could have been a meal in itself and it was absolutely delicious!

For the Entree, I ordered Veal Scallopine with fresh linguine and marinara sauce. My wife enjoyed Eggplant Parmesan. Both were wonderfully prepared!

During our meal, Michael, the Owner/Chef, stopped by our table to make certain everything was to our liking. His wine recommendation was spot on and he made us feel as if we were visiting a long lost cousin and he was cooking for us.

Everything from how we were greeted, to appetizer, wine, entree, dessert and homemade lemoncello was simply sublime. And to think, Michael and his staff did this with everyone in the restaurant!

Our experience at Mi Scuzi was a highlight and when anywhere near Erie, PA, do yourself a favor and dine here. Places like this are vanishing and falling by the wayside. Victims of overly pretentious mediocrity, uncaring staff, lack luster food and world of being "over sold and under delivered".... That is not the case at Mi Scuzi. Manga!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was fortunate to try this resaurant with my family while visiting Erie over a holiday weekend. I was pleasantly suprised to find it easy to park on the street (this is not so easy in many Pittsburgh neighborhoods). The food was great!! I had the lasagna - it was such a large portion that I couldn't eat it all and ended up taking it home to enjoy the next day. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a wonderful dining experience! I would highly recommend Mi Scuzi. The atmosphere is pleasant, the food superb and the service excellent. My daughter choose this restaurant for my birthday celebration and she could not have made a better selection. The owner even came to the table to be sure that we were satisfied with our meal! We can't wait to return!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

While visiting Erie this past July, we went to a place my brother-in law knew well, Mi Scuzi. It was a large party - ten of us. They were all set up for us since we had made a reservation, and were quite welcoming. I was shocked that they actually asked if we wanted separate checks -- hard to do at most restaurants - and they offered to do it! Staff is courteous and efficient.

The restaurant is small and well cared for. The food was wonderful and there was a lot of it. There are entrees for every type of eater – Vegan, vegetarian, etc. Michael, the owner stopped by to make sure everything was up to our satisfaction. We had a great time!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have eaten here several times, most recently over Labor Day. Erie has always been known for great Italian restaurants. This is the best in town.

There is valet parking out front, but I would recommend parking on the street yourself.

The service is always great. The owner has always come out and checked on us during the meal. The atmosphere depends on where you sit. It is usually intimate, but they can put tables together(as they often do for us) in the back room so the whole family can eat together. I have 2 vegetarians in our family and the chef will always make sure that they are taken care of.

The food is upscale Italian. The flatbreads are always great for a shared appetizer or an entree. My favorite entrees are the Chilean Sea Bass and the Cioppino. Make sure you save room for desert, great cannoli!

1  Thank matwags

Been to Mi Scuzi? Share your experiences!