“Mi Szuzi”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was fortunate to try this resaurant with my family while visiting Erie over a holiday weekend. I was pleasantly suprised to find it easy to park on the street (this is not so easy in many Pittsburgh neighborhoods). The food was great!! I had the lasagna - it was such a large portion that I couldn't eat it all and ended up taking it home to enjoy the next day. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a wonderful dining experience! I would highly recommend Mi Scuzi. The atmosphere is pleasant, the food superb and the service excellent. My daughter choose this restaurant for my birthday celebration and she could not have made a better selection. The owner even came to the table to be sure that we were satisfied with our meal! We can't wait to return!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

While visiting Erie this past July, we went to a place my brother-in law knew well, Mi Scuzi. It was a large party - ten of us. They were all set up for us since we had made a reservation, and were quite welcoming. I was shocked that they actually asked if we wanted separate checks -- hard to do at most restaurants - and they offered to do it! Staff is courteous and efficient.

The restaurant is small and well cared for. The food was wonderful and there was a lot of it. There are entrees for every type of eater – Vegan, vegetarian, etc. Michael, the owner stopped by to make sure everything was up to our satisfaction. We had a great time!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have eaten here several times, most recently over Labor Day. Erie has always been known for great Italian restaurants. This is the best in town.

There is valet parking out front, but I would recommend parking on the street yourself.

The service is always great. The owner has always come out and checked on us during the meal. The atmosphere depends on where you sit. It is usually intimate, but they can put tables together(as they often do for us) in the back room so the whole family can eat together. I have 2 vegetarians in our family and the chef will always make sure that they are taken care of.

The food is upscale Italian. The flatbreads are always great for a shared appetizer or an entree. My favorite entrees are the Chilean Sea Bass and the Cioppino. Make sure you save room for desert, great cannoli!

1  Thank matwags
Reviewed October 18, 2012

A New York City native, I’ve had good fortune to enjoy pasta in Little Italy to home-made vodka sauce in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn prepared with love by my friend’s mother who hailed from Italy, and my first time at Mi Scuzi reminded me of those meals I enjoyed in my hometown.

Mi Scuzi is the ONLY restaurant in Erie where I would brave trying new items on the menu, as restaurants don’t tend to make more than one item on its menu very well. I have tried all the other local restaurants in Erie, multiple times, but none come close to Mi Scuzi in terms of (1) taste (2) number of options (3) quality of the raw ingredients, and lastly but most importantly (4) treatment of patrons. If the chef himself doesn’t check you in when you arrive, he will make an appearance at your table at least once, if not multiple times. The wait staff will treat you more like a family member and less like a patron as their sole concern is your satisfaction. Oh and did I mention they have valet parking! Given it’s not NYC and parking isn’t as hard to find, but those chilly nights (a few in Erie) when you are in the warmth of your car, you just want to jump out of your car and quickly get into the warmth.

Now onto the food, where do I even start? I have to start with my favorite, the Chilean Sea bass on a bed of scallion Risotto. I’m a fan of Sea bass, and I’m even a bigger fan of risotto, and unfortunately, I’ve been to only one other restaurant (in Florida!) that serves amazing risotto, as it’s pretty tricky to prepare. Thankfully, I don’t have travel so far south to get a plate of wonderful risotto anymore.

Not being a big carnivore, I do enjoy an occasional steak. So once in a while I’ll try a steak on a night out. On my second visit to Mi Scuzi, I took the chance and ordered the Gorgonzola crusted Filet on a bed of mashed potatoes with this balsamic reduction. I was not disappointed, not to mention, it was probably one of THE best filet I’ve ever had! I next tried the Eggplant Parmesan, and yet another dish that was remarkable. The sauce is, of course, made in-house, and tastes like nothing like I’ve tried previously. Even though I favor seafood, I could definitely see myself turned into a vegetarian if I had my meals prepared like that. On my next excursion to Mi Scuzi, I went back to my seafood-favoring roots and tried the seafood alfreado; and there’s nothing like a variety of seafood in decedent white sauce over a bed of fettuccini! I do have to mention the portions are quite generous, so I also ways have plenty left over for lunches the next day. Oh and did I mention the desserts…or the home-made limoncello? Definitely leave room for the amazing array of home-made desserts.

My recommendations in no particular order: Chilean Sea bass on Scallion Risotto, Ravioli in Vodka sauce, Pear pizza, Gorgonzola crusted filet, Seafood alfredo. Desserts: Bread pudding, Chocolate cake with raspberry filling, limoncello cake.

Bon Appetito!

1  Thank T H

Been to Mi Scuzi? Share your experiences!