“Love this place..........”

Ranked #111 of 429 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Usually a wait to get seated, but always worth it....

1 of my FAV places for a Burger, and the $4 Meal Deals are a steal for the price....love the Sweet Tea too.

Bit of a wait for the food, but worth it, as its cooked to order....and I like the Fries, never greasy.

My Fiance had a Strawberry/Banana shake, more like a Lunch, but very good. !!

Will always be 1 of my Favs for sure...nice staff too. Deco Rocks like back in the 50s'.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We only had their milkshakes but everyone in my party were pleased with the milkshake they had. Hopefully we will have a chance to try their food next time!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Yea Yea - I know - hamburg and fries with a shake does not do the body good - but you have to treat your self once in a while - right ? Steak and Shake is a great place to stop before hitting the road home - and we do it every trip. The hamburgers are fantastic - and the shakes are right out of the 50's. The price is unbelievably low - I'm not sure how they do it. A typical bill for four adults would be under $30 - are you kidding me. Fast and courteous service is also on the menu - you will not be disappointed. There are so many versions of burgers - you will have a hard time choosing - so I try a different one each time. This time it was the bacon cheesburger - with a chocolate shake. Excellent. Like I say - once in a while it doesn't hurt - but you will want to go back and that's a guarantee.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I went with friends for breakfast. I wanted something light so I ordered the Perfect Start Oatmeal. The printed menu mentioned maple 'n brown sugar, dried fruit and nuts. The picture of the oatmeal with all these toppings was mouth-watering.

The oatmeal came in a large bowl and looked lonely. Only a few scant ounces, and no maple 'n brown sugar, no dried fruit and no nuts.

I asked the manager and she said those were eliminated several years ago. Well, I am not a mind reader, and why still on the printed menu and also on the internet menu. The price evidently was the same with or without the fixings.

I ordered eggs and bacon and felt cheated. Of course, they took the oatmeal off the bill, but a question emerged-what else on the menu has changed several years ago,but still appears on the menu in the original form.

Really strange experience !!!!

3  Thank charkswim5570
Reviewed July 9, 2014

same as Pittsburgh, good hot food great service, and good value..Manager visible and friendly staff. Beats the other choices around

Been to Steak 'n Shake? Share your experiences!