“Great mini getaway”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great mini getaway”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Decided to go to Presque Isle because we wanted to go somewhere we had never been to before, that wasn't too far away from home, it turned to be a great choice. The entire Erie area has plenty of things to do and see for any age group. Would recommend the Tom Ridge Environmental Center, which we really enjoyed and I know our Grandchildren would have too...it was interesting and we will be bring our Grandchildren here in the near future.

Presque Isle itself is a must see, Lake Erie and it's history and the lighthouses are a must see. If you are a nature lover this is the place for you.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank Maggie4765

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“More than I expected”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've been to beaches and I've been to lakes. I've always thought that the two were mutually exclusive. Presque Isle State Park was a pleasant surprise. These were real, natural beaches with real sand and waves. I got that feeling of relaxation that can only come from peering out into the blue horizon to the end of the Earth. The waves are not as severe as they are at the ocean making these beaches great for young children. I could let mine play without constantly being at the ready to dive in after them or fight a shark. Maybe I'm neurotic, but this goes a long way toward allowing me settle down and enjoy myself. I recommend this trip for families on a budget, outdoorsy, nature lovers.

Clemmons, North Carolina
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Didn't take advantage of this gem when I lived in the area”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

When growing up in the area, didn't really appreciate the Peninsula. Would only go a few times a year if that, and only during the warm months. Now, it's a must each time I return to PA, summertime that is. You can catch some really beautiful sunsets ! Beaches are wide and many to pick from. Life guards also at the beaches. Many different things to do. Swim, Boating, Walking, Biking, Picnicing, Sunbathing, Kayaking, Fishing, etc. Just about anything you can think of. There are picnic tables, and shelters you can reserve. It's a nice scenic drive too (great to take elderly, not so well folks out for a drive/ time away from a nursing home or house if possible.
I understand that there is also a lot of activity during the winter... hiking/walks, ice fishing...I personally don't like the cold & snow...but am sure lots of folks do.

I can't believe they haven't started to charge a small "admission" ($2) to the "Park"....but it has always been free. I think that is fabulous ...anyone can enjoy it !

I really appreciate it much more now than I did when I was younger ! But I guess most things are like that.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Try to visit as often as I can.”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Most times I am in Erie, I have to visit Presque Isle. No matter the season, you got to visit. Excellent views of the City and Lake Erie.
If you are into the beach, water, walking, running, nature, or just sitting and chilling. You got to go here!

Lynden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Clean and well supervised.”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Life guards were on duty and made sure that all rules were adhered to. Change rooms and snacks on site.