“Fun Fun Fun”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Fun Fun Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was my first time to Presque Isle Park and I was thinking to myself why. I took my children boy age 4 and girl age 6. The weather was awesome for all 3 days I was there. There are several beaches, plenty of picnic tables and grills to use, easy to navigate around. Its basically one way in one way out. We went to beach 4 which was nice because the Lake part roped off was not deeper than 4 feet. Beach 7 we also went to went a little deeper. All areas have bike trails. I wish we would have brought our bikes. The beaches were clean. There are bathrooms and family changing areas. The place by beach 4 I believe had a shower, rinse off area. We spend most of our time there. Never packed or bothered by anyone or anything. Life guards are present and all very friendly and professional. We will be going back up in August. The kids loved it.

1 Thank Ironcity

• Chinese (Traditional) first
United States
143 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 256 helpful votes
“Perfect for a picnic and a relaxing day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visited the park on a really warm Monday. We got there around eleven and stayed until about seven. There is no cost to park or visit. There really are enough activities to make a whole day visit enjoyable. There are lots of different beaches and we stopped at three of them. Our favorite spot was right next to the lighthouse. There was no lifeguard on duty which meant fewer people so it was like we had the whole beach to ourselves. As the day got busier more people came out including a photographer who was taking what appeared to be senior pictures. Also, there were a lot of people walking the short path to take a picture of the lighthouse. All the beaches were clean, but only several of them have concession stands/restrooms/changing stations. We also stopped at Perry’s monument and the restroom I visited there could have used a thorough cleaning.

The ride through the park is beautiful and there are many side lots that you can stop and park to walk the trails. I did notice, however, that a lot of people were not obeying the posted speed limit which was 25mph. There are way too many people walking/running/biking as well as too many little critters running across the road to go any faster. Also, I would have liked to have seen better signs throughout the park, without a map that we found at the Tom Ridge Environmental Center we wouldn’t have been able to easily locate some points of interest. Even two workers at a concession stand didn’t know how to get to a couple points of interest even though they looked at the map with us. BTW~I recommend a stop at Tom Ridge; it has a café, gift shop, restrooms, exhibits, free admission and a cool tower to walk up and view the lake.

We did stop at the bike rental company at the entrance to the park to inquire about prices for a two person surrey; $25 for an hour. We also noticed a boat tour near Perry monument and it was $16 a person for a 90 minute ride.

I recommend a visit. If I was a local, I would probably be a frequent visitor to walk the trails or lay out by the beach.

1 Thank funinthesun037
Mena, AR
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Quick visit - disappointed in lighthouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This looks like a wonderful place to beach, ride, run, picnic if you either live in Erie or are visiting for a while. We only stopped for the night during a trip and drove the loop, visited 1 lighthouse and the memorial.

Disappointed that the Presque Isle lighthouse was hidden by trees and that it is not part of the park. Was not able to take the walking trail to the North Pier Light.

Perry monument was great. There are walking trails all over the park, various beaches, and tons of stuff to do. We saw many people riding bikes, jogging, and rollerblading.

There is a very good website to help you plan your visit www.presqueisle.org.

1 Thank D0X1E5RULE
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wow this place is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Not sure what to expect, my boyfriend and I decided to look around and explore this state park. We had no idea that is was a HUGE park! It is enormous! There are so many things to see and do here! It is a beautiful area! One one side of the park you have Lake Erie with I think about 14 "beaches" on that side. There are small waves and beautiful lighthouses there. The beaches are clean and in some of the spots they aren't too crowded. Some other spots there is a lot more people there with concession stands and life guards. Of the 14 areas to choose from you can find something that fits your needs for the day. It is a great time to just relax and unwind. On the other side of the park is the Bay. There was a lot of fishing going on most of the time or just people walking around on the trails, etc. There's a lot of people that go biking, roller blading, hiking, etc here and what a great spot for it all. We saw a lot of boats out on the water, kayaks, sailboats as well. We decided to do a picnic lunch here and found a great spot under a large tree to just sit, read, relax and enjoy the scenic view. It was very quiet and even though there was lots of people around, most people keep to themselves are respectful of others around them. This state park is very clean and great place for everyone. I only wish we had a huge state park like this around me. If I lived here I would come here all the time and do many more things than what we did this time around just visiting!

1 Thank IslandSun20
Pittsburgh
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Beautiful park with lots of really nice beaches, trails and family-friendly activities. Everything was clean and there were plenty of concession stands, bathrooms and changing rooms throughout the park.