“Very Enjoyable”

Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Erie
West Seneca
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed January 15, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff should be told that they are the best. Everyone we encountered was pleasant and helpful. I have always believed that you have happy employees if they are treated correctly and I feel this is the case here.
The breakfast was superb. Everything was of excellent quality and fresh. There was nothing missing there and that is always a great way to start a day especially if you are traveling.
The pool was very inviting and you even had towels at the pool for your guests to use. That was very much appreciated.
The room was very comfortable and clean. I have a health problem and do not do well with stairs and had a first floor room. It was convenient to the parking lot, the pool, the lobby and the breakfast room. The room had the little extras that I like such as the coffee pot and the hair dryer.
Also the location is great for the Casino, city of Erie, and Presque Island State Park.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Ontario Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Myself and a group of women stayed at this hotel while on a shopping trip. We thought that we had hit the jackpot ~ friendly staff, amazing breakfast, reasonable rates, shuttle to casino, and decent sized rooms.

During the middle of day two, I began noticing welts on my arms, back, and hands. I attributed this to a wool sweater that I had tried on. Perhaps an allergy that resulted in hives. The itching was intense and unlike anything I'd experienced before. The next morning, one of the other women (who I shared a bed with) woke up with the same "rash".

I happened to have an appointment with a dermatologist two days after returning home and was informed that I had bedbug bites!!! We immediately contacted the hotel who at first didn't believe us. Apparently they did an inspection of the room and told us that they didn't see anything. Did they think we would have spent two nights there if we had seen anything?? After sending photos of the bites and several e-mails and phone calls later, they had an exterminator confirm that there was indeed an infestation of bedbugs in that particular room. I have no idea if they were still renting the room out during this time.

This has been an extremely embarassing and frustrating experience. Six weeks later, I still have huge welts where the bites were and I feel that I must wear long sleeves rather than share my story. In the end, the hotel refunded our money, but I would never return. I know that this can happen anywhere, but I'm not willing to take the chance at this property and I will now inspect all bedding before staying anywhere.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
7 Thank LuvsToShop

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

PA
Reviewed December 7, 2009

Very friendly, helpful staff, comfortable rooms, delightful pool in season, convenient onsite restaurant/bar with great specials. Very accessible to nearby casino/racetrack with shuttle service available. Gas station/convenience adjacent. Delivers what it promises in regard to "hot breakfast" and surely beats out Holiday Inn's advertised cinnamon rolls. Give me Quality Inn's breakfast anyday and I have heard all the others diners voicing the same comment. That old saying goes - "Try it; you'll like it."

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Husband and I stayed here while doing some early Christmas shopping at the Millcreek Mall. Check-in was swift and accurate. Rooms were extremely small and rooms all open to the outside which we do not like. There were a few stray hairs in the bathroom which turned us off. Even though their website still shows that Black jax bar/grille which is located in their lobby has a d.j.each weekend it really doesn't. It is now a blackjack tournament area each weekend which was disappointing to us since this was one of the reasons we booked this hotel. Hotel is very close to the casino and has a free shuttle from 5p.m.-midnight. Shuttle driver was very nice. I did not have breakfast in the morning but my husband did and said it was "adequate". Don't know if I'd stay here again unless I got a really good rate (this time I paid $90 on a Saturday night).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dontstayathome
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Hello,

Thank you for staying with us. We do have different room types which are all different sizes. If you stay with us again, I would suggest you request a suite or a room with 2 queen beds....they are very large rooms. Black Jax--our bar & grille, has karaoke every thursday, friday, & saturday night as well as free texas holdem tournaments every friday and saturday night which are in the World Tavern Poker League which gives away ridiculous prizes!!! We are also starting black jack classes on weekends for people to learn the rules and how to play then they can go to the casino across the street and win big!!!! We hope to see you again in the near future!!!!!

Philipsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2009

My husband and I went for a weekend get away with the intent to spend time at the casino. We spent more time at the hotel as we were not that impressed with the casino. The Black Jax's Bar and Grille was a great place to hang out good food at a reasonable price. The hotel staff were all very friendly; room was clean and quiet at night. Breakfast was excellent compared to other hotels we have stayed in. We would stay again the next time we are in Erie.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Welland, Ontario
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We were a bit dissappointed that it was an outdoor entry(Motel), but the room was clean and quiet, especially for a Friday night. Pool was closed for the season, oh well, too cold anyway. Our room was only 40 feet from the parking lot. The breakfast was surprisingly great, I had seconds!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I stayed at this motel while attending the sea glass festival. Motels are never my first choice so I was wary about booking. I booked a suite at the Quality for $118/night which seemed like a very good deal. Overall no complaints. Check in was fast and easy, they gave me coupons for the players club at the casino. Which by the way if you are interested in that, this is the hotel to be at. Casino is right down the road, they offer a free shuttle (till 10pm?), coupons for $5 play, and free hot breakfast (in case you stay out late). Bed was comfortable, pillows awesome, although for some reason our tv section of the suite was occupied by a crib and fold away bed (that we didn't ask for or need.)
Couch was terrible, felt like a board. But I didn't book the room to sit on the couch. More than suited my needs for the night. Overall, pretty good deal for the price at the time.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple