“Had a great time”

Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Check in was easy and fast. After a long day at the beach that was welcome! Beds were very comfortable and the space was just what I needed. The only thing that didn't work out well is that my room key was only programmed for 1 night stay, but I stayed two. They fixed the problem quickly, but it was an aggravation to have to go back to the main office. The bathroom could have used a little more attention, but overall the value for the room was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review. Our apologies about your room keys only being programmed for 1 night. We will review this with our front desk asap. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Tony

Reviewed August 25, 2013

While this facility is older on the NEW FLASHY RESORT scale the stay was quite wonderful. The room was clean and comfortable, Bedding new and quite comfortable. Wi Fi readily accessible,
When we arrived the front desk person assigned us a non smoking room, he explained that since we requested a frig they were the only ones with them. He however was able to find a smoking room with a frig. Upon trying the keys we found they did not work but were recharged and the FD attendant called maintence to meet us at room if we still had a problem, Kudos for picking up the phone and making a call right away even though not needed.

The breakfast buffet was quite filling, Eggs, bacon, toast, waffles, pancakes, juice and coffee were readily available. When the bacon ran out the attendant filled with link sausage.
Even later in the AM when my partner awoke coffee was still plentiful as were bagels and hand fruit. The pool looked clean and inviting though we did not swim.

The AM desk attendant was helpful in furnishing some toothbrushes with paste built in. (opps we forgot that). She was quite pleasant discussing Waldemeer park history, one of the reasons for the trip.

The property is continuing to renovate. The only upgrade at this time I might consider are flat screen TVs (they are coming way down in price)

I noticed several maintence staff running around Saturday AM to fix things for the guests.

I would recommend this property to anyone staying in the area or traveling through. It is not the Name brand suites but it is not $200+ a night.

Kudos also to Ryan F, the GM wish I could have met him to tell him personally.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the pool and it is not 100% non smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

First off, You get what you pay for...I get it, the hotel isn't a total scum hole but definitely isn't worth the rate. The management and staff in my opinion are either clueless or incompetent. I paid cash for this room and gladly put the hold on my credit card for incidentals....like most hotels require. The issue is that after 3-4 days when my card hadn't been refunded, I called the hotel and they assured me it was still pending the hold but would be refunded in no more than 3-4 days but can sometimes take up to 10 business days depending on your bank? Okay, I called there 3 times inquiring about this after the '3-4' days passed and every time the same thing was said, " we can't expedite the refund sir, just be patient and it will go through"? After 10 days and no refund...I called yet again. This time they tell me that the card was charged due to burn marks in the comforter?... This was the first i hear of this after 3 prior calls?? Thing is, the comforter was never on the bed, because as a frequent hotel stayer..... as everyone knows, the first thing you do when staying at a hotel, especially one like the Quality Inn, is pull the comforter off the bed? My issue is, This should have been said to me the first, if not the second or even third time I called asking about the hold on my card..right? Something just seems fishy here? Anyway...needless to say, I won't be getting my incidental deposit back...or staying at any of these hotels again (this isn't the only issue with a Quality Inn, had another one not even a week apart, putting a hold on my card and I didn't even stay there "Quality Inn Fairview PA). My advice is STEER CLEAR of this establishment if you want to save yourself a headache!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car....you'll be better off
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Hello,

I have discussed this with my executive housekeeper and she confirmed there were no burn marks in the comforter prior to you staying with us. Unfortunately, this is why we need to take incidental holds from all guests. I am not sure why you were not informed of this charge until after 10 days and for that I apologize and will investigate on our end.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we first walked into our room it stunk like mold where the wallpaper meets the ceiling was black. Went out for the day when we came back they were digging up the sewers right outside our door so the cold water was turned off. If you wanted to take a shower it had to be in very hot water, and the toilet wouldnt flush. The next day the same thing no water. When we asked for a discout we were told we would have to talk to the manger who was conveniently sick that day.A tip to anyone out there DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank dorthy g

Hello,

Our apologies about the water issues we were having during your stay with us. Please contact me at your earliest convience to discuss what I can do for you.
814.864.4911

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place was supposed to be "remodeled", so with that in mind, check-in was acceptable, lobby I think goy the most of the remodel, computer in business center was inop, I got to my room and my first thought was getting a tetanus shot from the rusty door, gotta love the remodel. The a/c was inoperative, when the maint guy came he was cursing that he had fixed it earlier, the only thing missing was some duct tape holding it together............remodel ?? All in all, I have seen worse, but I can't remember when. The only bright star was breakfast except that it was served at 6:30 ( tip, bump it up to 6 am so your workers who keep you property afloat can eat, got it ). Breakfast was the only reason I gave a second star. Could have written more, but fingers hurt. Stay somewhere else, Comfort Inn or Econolodge down the street. That is where I shall leave my money.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank beechhouse1
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review. The entire facility has been remodeled. We are not aware of any rusty doors however. If you wouldn't mind, please contact the hotel and ask for either Tony or myself so we can look into what room you stayed in.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Pool was GREAT! Breakfast was above par! We had expected a fridge and microwave as advertised and they accommodated us without incident. A fuse blew and they were able to fix it promptly. Room was nice, some areas could have used a coat of paint and some sprucing up. But overall a great hotel, I'd stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Annie_Su11

Hello,

Thank you for the nice review! We really appreciate it!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is the Priceline listing "This one-floor, 110-room, non-smoking property features comfortable rooms that were renovated in 2009 and offer free Wi-Fi, microwaves and refrigerators. Hotel guests receive a free slot play voucher for one of the nearby casinos, within easy reach via the free casino shuttle. There's a restaurant and lounge on-site with a game room that hosts poker tournaments every weekend. The free hot breakfast includes waffles and fresh fruit. There is also a business center, banquet rooms and valet dry cleaning (fees may apply). Parking is free, and smoking is allowed in some rooms."

Sadly I did not read to the end of the listing. This is NOT a non-smoking property. Learned this a check in late a night with no other option. NOT a one floor hotel. Two floors and no elevator. (I am handicapped) Renovations are not complete. Only SOME rooms have refrigerators. Mine did not and there was not one available. I had medication with me that needed to be in the frig. I asked at the front desk if my medications could be put in the hotel fridge. After a twenty minute wait I was told that there was not anyone in the hotel kitchen staff available in the evening and they could not be responsible for my meds anyways. They are also not very pet friendly I assume they only allow pets for the revenue stream. $100 deposit, waiver about the pet as well as a waiver to ensure that we did not smoke in a non-smoking room and a $25 pet fee. I told them I was under the assumption that this was a non-smoking hotel. They informed me that they could not be responsible for a third party booking being inaccurate and that a refund was not possible. I was given a stern lecture about where my pet was allowed to go (12lb dog) and if any of the staff saw my dog in the courtyard etc I would forfeit my deposit. When I went back the reception to discuss the fact they given me a room within the courtyard I was told not to worry about it. I will be monitoring my credit card statement to be sure there is no $100 fee on there because staff of course saw me with my dog in the courtyard area. The side areas and walkways were very run down. AC units are on the lower part of windows so water all over walk ways. Being handicapped this made me very nervous. It didn't feel secure. Handmade signs warning about cameras and saying the vending machines were cleaned out daily for cash.
We were only staying only one night anyway because we were driving cross country but would likely not stay at a Quality Inn again and certainly will not use Priceline.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

We apologize you did not enjoy your stay. I am sure the $100 deposit that was authorized has dropped off by now. When you book a room through the Priceline or Hotwire opaque channels...meaning you dont know where you are going to stay until you pay to get that deep discounted rate, they find you the cheapest room in the area you are looking and you have no choice whether it is smoking or non. It is the system they have setup and the gamble you take using these methods of booking rooms. To your point though, we do have smoking and non-smoking rooms here.