Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family spent 1 night in the hotel. The room was across the entrance to the lobby, next to a staircase. Since we arrived late, and kids went to sleep, and we couldn't ask for a change. Up until 3 am people were walking by discussing their wins and losses in a nearby casino. And the traffic near the room resumed at 6 am. Breakfast was good. If you stay in this hotel, ask for a room away from the lobby/'stairs. The hotel is located nest to a highway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Hello,

Our apologies for the noise issues you encountered while staying with us. That room is tough with noise due to it being in front of the lobby doors. You raise a valid point. We will look into a way to resolve it as soon as possible.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Very dated look. Old wallpaper, furniture, curtains, tile, carpet; motel type room arrangement with no elevators to the second floor rooms. HOWEVER DO YOURSELF A FAVOR TO YOUR WALLET AND OVERLOOK THIS! it was very clean, the beds and pillows are very comfortable. We had four adults in a room with two queen size beds (226) and were pleasantly surprised at the size of the beds. They seemed to be more like king size. They have a beautiful clean outdoor pool. The free breakfast had hot and cold items well made, kept fresh, and again spotlessly maintained. The bar was open until 1 am with 2 mixed drinks and a large draft beer only $14 including a live DJ/karaoke. The front staff were welcoming and helpful. We brought our dog, the cost was reasonable $25 , with a large grassy area again kept clean and groomed. The bathroom is very small but the toilet and shower are in a separate room from the sink and grooming area which worked for us. They have a free shuttle to the casino

Room Tip: The second floor rooms are accessed only by stairs. 226 faced the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review. The building of the hotel is older, but we have remodeled everything here including wallpaper, curtains, carpet etc. Overall a great review, and we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

EL Capitan visited the Quality Inn and Suites for a few days on June 18th and I have to say I was impressed with this hotel / motel. The staff is second to none - Stevie at the front desk took care of us like he was related. We requested rooms by the pool - we got rooms by the pool. Shawn (is my spelling correct - my apologies if wrong) also was there to take care of whatever we needed. The establishment has been there a long time - but the owners are working on spiffing it up and constantly working on the rooms to update them. Having said that - the rooms were spotless, the beds very comfortable and overall not a bad thing to report. The heated pool was spotless with - man once again I apologize if wrong - Bill out there every morning cleaning the pool. We spoke with Lamaar - a great guy and his attitude was whatever you need just call me and I can get it done. These two guys were there every day keeping the place looking tip top - great job. There is a restaurant on the premises that opens at 5 PM - serving all kinds of food and drink. In the morning, the breakfast buffet (included with the price of the room) was fantastic with everything you could imagine - eggs, sausage, home fries, yogurt, danish, waffles, fruit - whatever you wanted. All in all this was a great place to stay one exit from Peach St and almost across the street from the racetrack and casino (there is a shuttle if you like) - I would recommend the Quality Inn and Suites to anyone traveling to Erie for a few days of shopping and R&R.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs or a walk to your room - choose a room on the bottom floor on the outsi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank VideoSignGuy
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review and your wonderful compliments! See you again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

As people stated in other reviews the lobby was beautiful. However, I told the staff I had knee surgery and they still gave us a room on the second floor. Dated room, bathroom had the ceiling falling apart, carpet was disgusting, and there was grass in my bed (that I didn't put there), dirt on my daughter's pillow cases and it definitely had the feel of a poorly maintained hotel. If we weren't so tired we would have left. The room next to us had loud, drunk people fighting and making noise. After contacting the front desk and quite a wait they came to the room. As the staff member was walking away the people turned their volume on the TV to full blast. No we didn't get much sleep. The breakfast was OK and I appreciated some warm food in the morning but hand railings on the stairs were disgusting and sticky. The walkway to the rooms were soaked as the A/C units run water right onto them. It was annoying to think I had to hike through this with a bad knee. Never again!

Room Tip: Opt for breakfast at a local restaurant and stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NanWS

Hello,

Thank you for your review. You are correct, unfortunately we do not have an elevator to get to our second floor rooms. Due to high demand in the summer our first floor rooms get taken first because of the pool, volleyball net etc. We do our best to fulfill every guest's requests. Please contact us to let us know which room you stayed in with the issues you brought up. Our apologies for the guests next to you causing all that noise. Please consider us again in the future.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Opted NOT to stay here May 30, 2013, advertised as pet friendly, I announced a pet and was given a "pet room"".........2nd floor, no elevator, end room overlooking I90 and it STANK!......left and had an EXCELLENT experience at a Day's Inn close by.........at Days INN excellent breakfast and good room amenities...........stay here and FORGET the Quality INN which is badly worn and in need of a teardown...........front end personnel were very professional and courteous.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We checked our few pet rooms out to see if there was an odor issue and found nothing. We are not sure which room you stayed in? If you wouldn't mind, please contact us so we can get more information.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Stay else where . We were in area for lecom graduation. So we changed our reservation to stay there because my wife wanted a pool .The lobby and pool were the only good aspects. Don't judge this motel by its lobby the rooms have been ruffed up , do to it being the fun hotel as the front desk person put it when we checked in room we stayed is in need of major repairs 116 . During the days we were busy with graduation stuff. After 2 nights I finally had time to complain about the rooms being over priced, and having a bad valve on the spicket that ingaged the shower so there was water coming out the bottom and the top so your feet could get a shower too I guess jk. carpet had burn markets and rips as well as the picture tube on the 10 year old t.v. was going bad and had purple on one side. Plus it looked like some one had tried to break in the door . And to top it all off the maid left her universal key to all the rooms in our room which we turned in upon check out. So I complained on Sunday when I had time to the girl at the front desk, that I felt I was being over charged and needed to speak with the manager. One was not available on Sunday evening and she assured me that my bill would be adjusted upon check out Monday mourning. So I talked to the manager Tony who was no more than a front desk persin as well.Monday mourning and told him I talked to the girl the evening before and told him what she told me. He was unable to adjust my bill and said he would have to go through a process and investigation as to speak with the GM and they would CALL ME THE FOLLOWING DAY Tuesday, which they would not do. So I told him I would like to get this taken care of in person, not by email or over the phone and I would leave this review if they did not follow up with me. So they have not called and that room was crap for the price. PLEASE look a pictures of this dated ragged out room. Service at bar is just as bad as well.could write another rant about it also , I will just say 40 mins for pretzel basket with dip which I never saw and we left and told them to take it off bill, which they did. Sit by register if you want the servers to serve u. They had a very hard time waiting on tables when there were more than 5 people in there. Stay else where if you want quality.

• Stayed: June 2013
QualityInnErie, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We would like anybody who reads this review to know that room 116 was scheduled to be remodeled this past monday, and today is a brand new room. We have only 2 more rooms left to be remodeled (being done this monday) and the entire inside of everything at the hotel will be completed.
These pictures are now irrelevant.
We are curious why this guest would threaten the front desk staff that unless we comp their entire stay they will "bash us on trip advisor"? If you have an issue in the future wherever you may stay please inform the hotel staff so they can fix the issues you are facing while you are staying. You did tell our front desk you work in hotels and "know how this works" (receiving comp room nights) correct? Thank you for returning the housekeepers keys, but throwing them at our front desk clerk wasn't appreciated.
We would have been more than happy to switch rooms for you during your stay. Strange this guest extended their stay another night considering the hotel is "Anything but quality".

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Once again, we thoroughly enjoyed our 7-day stay here. Tony is a great manager and the maid staff are exemplary! We found a great little golf course (Orchard Ponds) only a few miles from the hotel and loved it! Shopping on Peach Street made my wife's day...several times! We're Looking forward to seeing you all again in September!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Great review and thank you! We are happy you enjoyed your extended stay with us, and look forward to seeing you again in September!