“Hilton Hotels make my travel easy.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Erie

Hilton Garden Inn Erie
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Humble, TX, United States
“Hilton Hotels make my travel easy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Whenever possible I always stay in a hotel from the Hilton brand. I know my room will clean and comfortable, there will never be any unpleasant surprises. My bed will be excellent and the pillows perfect. I will arise in the morning refreshed and after an excellent meal I am ready to face the road again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. We appreciate your generous comments and compliments, and especially of our brand. We do pride ourselves on our excellent team, which unfortunately most only recognize as our team of service professionals at the Front Desk. What actually comprises our hotel, the heart of our functionality and our operation is our wonderful team of highly-trained housekeepers, maintenance men, and other professionals that are the reason we are so capable of providing a great stay. We thank you for recognizing them, and cannot wait to provide you with even more perfect stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Always try to stay at Hilton properties ,this one is a good one , very friendly staff ,clean room ,kinda small bathroom ,nice QUEEN beds ,that's always nice ,and very quiet , I will stay there again ,plus there is a water park to keep the kids busy 5 min away

Stayed July 2014
Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our property! We are pleased to see that you had enjoyed your stay so much, and that you found our location and amenities so enjoyable. We look forward to assisting you with your next reservation-in fact, we'd love to help you find even more activities to do while you're in Erie, PA! Please feel free to ask us for many recommendations, as there is plenty to keep the kids (and adults!!) busy. We are minutes away from the Millcreek Mall and other stores, as well as a plethora of restaurants. We also do have a childrens' museum 10-15 minutes away, as well as the Bayfront area which boasts many attractions. We also boast the heart of Wine Country about 15-20 minutes away, which makes a great excuse for a girls' weekend out! Feel free to call us for much more information, or stop by the Front Desk at any time.
Wilmington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel is very clean, comfortable and welcoming. The front desk personnel are friendly, professional and have a can do attitude. Very helpful for a business traveler, or for a casual visit. The restaurant staff made me feel welcome and assisted with a cook to order breakfast that was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow! Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our property. It is our absolute pleasure to provide you with the best service that we possibly can, as it is our mission to provide all of our guests with the perfect stay, and we are so happy we were able to give you that. We appreciate your recognition, as it is not every day that people stop to acknowledge the finer details! Again, thank you for your genuine words, and we look forward to providing you with many more perfect stays and meals!
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was traveling from the east coast to Indiana, and stopped over one night at this hotel. It happened to be my 50th birthday, and I had entertained visions of being congratulated when my license was looked at. That didn't happen, so I casually mentioned it, and got a perfunctory greeting. Ok, not what I was expecting, but the real dud was the room. To treat myself after a long day of driving, I reserved a king jacuzzi room. The jacuzzi worked fine, but the bed was a mess. The adjustment dials did not work on either side, so one side was super soft, and the other very firm, with a downhill lump between. Also, one of the bedside lamps did not work. I had the worst nights sleep in this bed. When I checked out, I was asked how my stay was. I reported the bed and the lamp, and got a less than heartfelt reply that they would send someone up to look at it. Other than a very nice lady at the restaurant I stopped at to pick up breakfast at who comped me my drink for no reason other than the fact that I had to wait a few minutes in the drive thru (it's the little things). i was grouchy and sleepy the rest of the way home. I have plans to stay at this hotel again in a week, this time in a two bedded room with my mother heading back east. I'd like to switch, but to be honest, it's less expensive than my first and second choice. Next time I will check the beds right away so if there is a problem, it can be remedied to benefit me, as well as the next guest to use that room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property. While it is regrettable that you did not enjoy your stay, we do appreciate you sharing this with us so that we can improve for your next stay, as well as our other guests. I would like to genuinely apologize for the experience that you had while staying with us, and while this may be too-litte-too-late, Happy 50th Birthday!! That is quite the accomplishment, and I am so sorry that our staff failed to recognize this for you. This is certainly an issue that I will personally address, in hopes that you, as well as all of our future guests are treated with the utmost respect. In regard to the other issues you had experienced, we wish you had contacted us regarding this as we are more than happy to assist our guests in any way that we possibly can. Please feel free to contact us at the hotel directly at (814) 866-1390, and I would be more than happy to look into your situation a bit further and assist you as needed.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and quiet. This hotel is a great choice, highly recommend it. The only drawback is the breakfast is not included but the cleanliness, location, and helpfulness of the staff make up for no complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your recent review of our property! We appreciate all of your generous words and compliments, and are so happy to hear you and your family had appreciated and enjoyed your stay so much. I can certainly understand how, with so many competitors offering complimentary breakfast, that our additional breakfast may be a bit of an inconvenience, but I can promise that the quality will certainly make up for it! We offer a chef made-to-order breakfast in addition to a hot breakfast buffet with gourmet sweets, fresh fruits, as well as many additional homemade items served fresh from our Safari Grille. And, as a personal attestment, I can promise you will not leave hungry! We hope to see you again soon to provide you with another great stay, and I'd also like to add that we do have a special with our rooms that allows you to book with breakfast included, that is also at a discounted rate. Just ask our front desk when you make your next reservation!
Bedford, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This Hilton property is an exceptional hotel. Friendly efficient staff, and attention to detail make it an enjoyable home away from home when on a full week of business. There are local attractions close by that full-filled the needs of family members traveling with me while I attended to the business aspect, making it a win-win situation for everyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michelle E, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for your review, Gwyneth S! We are so appreciative of your wonderful and kind words, and quite honestly, this is what inspires and motivates us to continue to perform at our best-for our guests! We are so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stays so much, and you're absolutely right. Erie is a great place for all, there are so many things to enjoy like scenic state parks, beaches, adventure activities, shopping, and not to mention we are centrally located between Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cleveland, and a short drive away from the heart of wine country. We hope you'll join us again soon, and perhaps you won't be attending "the business aspect," but instead enjoying all there is to do in Erie, PA.
Chambersburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

What is the primary purpose of a hotel? A place to sleep while away from home. Hilton Garden Inn meets this purpose exceptionally well! The whole floor was occupied, but my family and I never heard a sound from the other guests: neither through the floor, walls, nor door. Adjustable firm beds where supremely comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Wow! Thank you so much for your brief, yet wonderful review of our property! We do appreciate your kind words, and look forward to providing you many more perfect stays.