“No complaints here”

Hilton Garden Inn Erie
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I don't have anything negative to say about this hotel. The front desk people always greeted us with a smile each time we passed by the desk. The breakfast servers were super friendly. Even though it was offered, we never ate dinner at the hotel. As read in a previous review, it is a little difficult to find the entrance (driveway) to the hotel. If you drive towards the adjacent Cracker Barrel, you will be able to find the driveway to the hotel.
There was a previous review of someone complaining about bed bugs. We saw no evidence of such during our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Erie

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have stayed at this property 5-6 times over the last year. We come from out of town to do meetings and it has always been fantastic. Very Clean, staff is always attentive to our needs. close to so many restaurants and convenient to get to. The Ambassador (meeting center) separates it from a courtyard. So you will always have enough room for your guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed here b/c there were no rooms at the Hampton Inn and we wanted to stay at a Hilton property b/c we are hh members.. We thought the price was a bit steep with no breakfast included but as others said you can walk to Cracker Barrel or drive right across the street to a Krispy Kreme. Breakfast buffet when we were there was $10.95 a person which is too steep for our family of 4. This hotel is located at a very busy intersection but room was very quiet and we were on the street side. Indoor pool was small and we did not use it. We loved having self serve laundry which we used. Detergent was free from the front desk. Husband used business center to print our boarding passes. Room was larger than normal with fridge and microwave. I wasn't fan of the sleep number beds as adjusting them didn't seem to do anything but they were comfortable to me (maybe b/c I prefer firm beds!). Bathroom was clean but there wasn't any shampoo... no problem as I had my own. The carpet was a little dingy in spots in our room but otherwise the room appeared very clean. Also we arrived an hour early and were pleasantly surprised that they allowed us an early checkin...I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This hotel looks like it would be a good option though it is not. The staff is not very friendly and the hotel.is not very clean . In the main bathroom downstairs there were dead bugs in the sink . Also there were moths in the front lobby . There were also bedbugs in the bed and I got bit by them and pulled back the bed sheet to discover some dead ones . I will not be staying here again . I expect more out of a Hilton garden inn then this. They used to be better but they are slowly declining. Just because they are one of the newer hotels in Erie does not mean they are good . I will be staying somewhere else next time !

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Caligirl1993
Reviewed May 28, 2012

we stayed here on our way through to Pittsburgh. this hotel was excellent! The hotel staff were very nice. Hotel was very clean and smelled great! We had a jacuzzi room that was very nice.Very clean and the bed was very comfortable! Would definitley stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn on two occasions in four days while driving to and from Chicago. I was impressed with the hotel staff, which was very friendly and accommodating.

On our second trip, we were late arrivals and the only king, non-smoking room available was the handicap suite, which was on the main floor, near an exit to the parking lot and was not an ideal room for us. As soon as we requested another room, it was explained that the carpeting in the rooms on the third floor had been cleaned, earlier in the day, and we could have a king room on that floor if we did not find the smell of the freshly shampooed carpets or the possible dampness to be annoying. Mike, from the front desk crew, accompanied us to the third floor to determine if the rooms on that floor were an option. The carpets were no longer damp and there wasn’t any noticeable smell from the shampoo, so we were happy to take one of the rooms on that floor.

The hotel rooms, hallways, elevators and lobby were extremely clean and the rooms were nicely sized and appointed. We were able to secure a terrific rate, online at the Hilton Garden Inn website. In fact, it was so low, that the front desk folks were amazed.

My only issue was with the “sleep number” mattress for which instructions were provided on each bed but adjusting the number did not change the comfort level to my personal liking. I know many folks love these beds but I am not a fan. I prefer a pillow top mattress.

Room Tip: My advice is to book the room online for a much better rate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed here for two days during March Break. Room was comfortable with free wifi which made traveling with two teenagers easier - everyone was able to use their laptops. Next door to Cracker Barrel for quick meal. We used the pool and hot tub one night and had it to ourselves. We didn't have problem with towels like other reviews - there were plenty available. Would stay here again for shopping trips to Erie and Grove City.

• Stayed: March 2012