Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East
$93
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$91
$129
$76
ComfortInn
$103
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$64
$67
$134
All reviewsmini water parkhot soupwine trailfront deskcinnamon rollsroom was cleanwine countrynew hampshirehot tuboff the highwaysausagehalfway pointlake eriewould highly recommend this hotelparking lotdesk staffgas station
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Although the hotel is 10 miles away from Peek and Peak ski resort (where I was traveling to), staying at the Holiday Inn Express in North East, PA is well worth the short drive to and from the slopes.

The front desk manager Joan cannot be beaten! She is the most friendly and inviting woman in hospitality. Fresh baked cookies, homemade chicken noodle soup, and water bottles. The morning breakfast is amazing (free too! recommended is the sausage gravy and biscuits).

There are closer hotels to the ski resort, but I would never stay at any of them besides the Holiday Inn express because of the friendly service and attention to detail.

The beds were soft and clean, as with all Holiday Inn hotels I have stayed at, and there was a wonderful TV and view outside. Nextdoor, the "Harvest Restaurant" makes great pizza and sandwiches for a late night snack and also the service and friendliness is amazing there as well.

The owner, Jay, is always ready to help and talk to the guests.

10/10, wonderful stay overall!!! Thank you so much, I'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
hiexnortheast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Jeff,
We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience with our outstanding Front Desk Manger Joan. We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgement of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with not only Joan, but our entire staff as a reminder of a job well done!! I hope to see you again soon!!!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

After a long day of driving and an accident, we decided to find a hotel nearby to stay in for the night. Not only did the hotel manager, Jay Shah, accommodate 12 Michigan students right then and there, but he also gave us a discounted rate, upgraded us to suites, and provided us all with pop and pizza. After a discouraging day, this really put all of us in a better mood. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms were exceptional and the continental breakfast provided was delicious. This was by far the best experience I have ever had at a hotel. I am thankful there are people in this world like the staff at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
hiexnortheast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Caitlynn,
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you.
We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We found this Holiday Inn during a snow advisory on our way home from Vermont. Incredibly large rooms, very clean and new, comfortable beds, great amenities. We just returned for New Year's Eve to go skiing (12 miles from the resort - use 89 to 430) and cannot say enough about this great find. Close to I-90 and I-86 so convenient to major metros nearby.

We had a Suite with a comfortable pull out couch, our teen children were across the hall in a two queen suite. Great for large family travel...and such friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
hiexnortheast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear ShakerMom,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
We are glad that the hotel is in the right location for your travel needs. Our housekeeping staff works hard to keep this property clean and they are pleased that you noticed. We certainly hope to see your again and be safe in your travels.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The hotel manager went above and beyond to accommodate for a large group of people on short notice. The rooms were clean and perfect. The service and workers could not have done a better job. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nancee J
hiexnortheast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your review! We always put a lot of work into making sure we provide the best guest experience possible, so it's always encouraging to be recognized for that effort, in as many or as few words as you like. I'll definitely be passing your regards along to our staff. :-) I hope you will stay with at our Holiday Inn Express North East (Erie) the next time your travels bring you to our area. Thank you for being a valued IHG guest.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a highly accommodating and friendly staff, with a great atmosphere. I was recently on a trip with a group of students on our way to New Hampshire, and unfortunately got stuck in the snow. Our van broke and we had to find somewhere to stay. We had limited resources so the staff at the holiday inn helped us tremendously. I could not be more grateful!

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review of our Holiday Inn Express. We always look forward to feedback from our valued guests. I will pass on your review to our staff and thank you again for choosing us for your hotel needs in the Erie area.