“Not all TownePlace Suites are created equal!”

TownePlace Suites Erie
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Central NY
“Not all TownePlace Suites are created equal!”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed at TownePlace Suites in Erie, PA as a stopover while traveling from Boston, MA to Cincinnati Ohio. We chose TownePlace Suites because it isn't easy to find two-bedroom suites, and we'd recently had a very nice stay in one located in Fayetteville, NC. This facility was no where NEAR the quality of the one in Fayetteville. At check-in (9:30 at night) the clerk informed my husband that we'd find some items in the dishwasher "because the cleaning staff left before the dishwasher was finished running". The hallways were dirty, there were horrible cooking smells outside our room, and while the inside of the room was fairly clean it wasn't near the quality of the Fayetteville facility. I had asked for a rollaway, and it wasn't in the room when we arrived. We were basically too exhausted to call down and ask for it. My adult son slept on the sofabed and he said he'd never felt anything so uncomfortable in his life. The room was icy cold, and when we tried to turn the temp up with the wall thermostat the heating unit made such a stink of burning dust we were afraid the sprinklers would come on. There were no extra blankets for the sofabed, so my son slept in a cold, cold room under one tiny blanket and woke up in pain and feeling sick. The complimentary continental breakfast was mediocre at best. All in all, we were glad we were only there for a quick one-nighter.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank TeqToo
TharaldsonPropMgmt, Owner at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you had a negative experience at our hotel and I want to assure you that these issues are being addressed! Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are always looking for ways to improve as well as making sure any issues get resolved. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guests, you will give the Erie TownePlace Suites another try if you find yourself in the Erie area again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We knew we would pit stop in Erie on our way from Columbus OH to Saranac Lake NY. Usually I choose a Hampton or another Hilton property. Based on the high number of happy Trip Advisor reviews of this new property I booked the night using my AAA discount. What a thoughtful design to the room! I liked the deep drawers in the bathroom vanity for all our toiletries (3 of us). I also liked the wide free space in our 2 double bed room. The room was tidy (especially the bathroom, thanks Marriot for no body hairs lingering by the sink from the prior guest) and bedding was plush and clean. Also, the front desk staff was super friendly at check in. Breakfast was okay - nothing fancy - but I was grateful for the hot fresh brewed coffee right at 6am when the complimentary breakfast was open for business (how many times have you showed up when breakfast is to start but coffee isn't ready?). What's missing? A wide automatic door at the front entrance to the lobby (think carrying multiple bags and then fumbling for the handle). Overall, a great one night hotel at the start of our summer driving vacation!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank samsmom2006
North Huntingdon, PA
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Stayed at this property over 4th of July weekend. What a great experience! Everyone at the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. It was a 10 min. drive to the casino & about 10-15 min. to Waldameer Park/Presque Isle. Very modern facility with nice kitchenette, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, glasses, etc. Terrific, comfortable bed. Very nice continental breakfast served each day. Did not use pool or hot tub which was located inside the property, but we looked at it and it seemed very nice and clean. The rate we paid for ea. night was $82.50 per night for a 1 BDRM king suite through Expedia. Would love to go back if we had the chance! Keep up the good work Marriott!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank psutuckers
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I stayed here with my wife and our teenage daughter just before Easter 2010 for ten days. We were visiting friends and said daughter who was studying in Erie. Really first class experience. Very friendly staff and and excellent room. We had one of the two bedroom suites. Large flat screen TV in each bedroom and another in the sitting room/kitchen. Well equipped modern and clean. I had been worried about staying in one place for 10 days but it worked out really well.Thoroughly recommend it and the good people of Erie who, without exception, treated us with great warmth and kindness..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Newsbunny
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I first stayed here in September 2009. Unfortunately, my husband and I were in town for a funeral. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, great breakfast, full kitchen with stainless steel appliances in the suite and the convenient location. When my daughter and I made a trip to Erie in January 2010 to take a tour of Behrend college, we stayed here again and again it was superb...We loved the location to all of the shopping, restaurants and the movie theatre. Definitely the best place to stay in Erie. The only complaint is that it is a little difficult to find as you have to wind through the parking lot before you arrive at the Town Suites...but, worth the small inconvenience one you get there. I will stay here every time I come to Erie.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank natalie728
New Hampshire
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Recently stayed in the two bedroom suite with my family. The rooms and hotel itself was very clean and the suite was large enough for the 4 of us. Beds are comfortable and bathroom is very large. Continental breakfast was typical but plentiful and there is outdoor seating as well. The staff was very helpful; there is a decent size pool and jacuzzi. Perfect for families.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MaryL03
Ontario
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I rarely go to a hotel and commend its cleanliness, as I am super-duper picky! This hotel was clean, I thoroughly enjoyed my stayed enough to take time out of my busy life to write a review to commend it.
My husband I went to Eire to shop, and I chose this hotel because of its location, price & amenities (Pool, gym & free breakfast). I was so thrilled with my choice that I definately will be back, as the shopping in PA cannot match ours in Ontario.
Thank-you for a wonderful, relaxing time, the only negative comment I could make is the highway is a bit loud when sleeping......but if thats all thats wrong, then I can live with that.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple