“Beach Trip”

Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Beach Trip”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We checked in on 8/21. I booked a king studio which has one king bed and a pull-out-sofa bed. I was staying with my husband, our daughter, my cousin and her son. When we checked in, Sherry was at the desk and she is quite the multi-tasker (it was kinda busy when we arrived), but she handled it like a pro. She ended up upgrading us to a 2BR for the first two nights and a 2 Queen Studio for our last night. WOW that was amazing customer service -- she let us know that she wanted to make sure we were all comfortable and had room to relax and didnt want us to be cramped in a small space.

The 2BR was a nice size, could have been cleaner. The sofa-bed was smelly and had stains (I wouldn't sit on it). One of the kitchen chairs was ripped. The 2 Queen Studio was MUCH cleaner. The pool was on the small size,but we were fine. The hot tub was nice and a nice size!

Breakfast was your typical hotel breakfast (minus meat), but I really enjoyed the waffles!

The staff was really nice (as I mentioned earlier w/ Sherry). One of the front desk girls (Margie I believe) gave my husband a good recommendation for pizza -- I forgot the name of the place (Archie's maybe?), but the pizza and ranch wings were AMAZING!

We'll definitely return!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thanks for your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that my staff took good care of you. I hope to meet you the next time you are in Erie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Rolla, Missouri
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Great rooms and a great breakfast make this a really nice place to stay. They have limited shuttle service, so that is a nice option if you don't have a car. you better be patient and not in a hurry if you are using the shuttle. They were 45 minutes late to pick me up and they (Jessica) did not have the courtesy to call.... Wifi was kind of slow but they want you to pay for the upgraded faster service.

Room Tip: Stay in the other building and away from the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 26, 2014

we stayed 3 nights had the studio room with 2 queen beds, the staff is very wonderful. Margie was a great help with telling directions, gave us brochures and recommended her favorites for takeout. We really enjoyed our stay here and will be back!

Room Tip: this place is pet frendly which is great, but i didnt know when booked and my son was very upset due...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mark D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thanks for your recent stay at our hotel. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your next visit.
Webster, New York, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel had all that I expected for a new style suites hotel. Of course it was Marriott nice and very comfortable. Great choice especially using our rewards night. King suite has full kitchen setup with dishes, coffee pot, microwave, full size refrigerator. Very comfortable desk for business work.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank PJI_NY
I was happy to hear that you found your suite confortable. I look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Margie and staff have been wonderful!!! My five month old needed a crib to stay in. The hotel cribs were all being used. That didn't stop Margie. She went above and beyond to show us she truly cared! She walked down the street to another hotel and brought a crib back with her at 11:30pm. Not only are my wife and I appreciative but so is my five month old. What great customer service!

• Stayed August 2014
Thanks for your recent stay at our hotel! I'm glad that Margie took good care of you during your visit to Erie.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I try to stay at this property while traveling to Erie for business. The staff is very friendly and always readily available. The rooms are very clean and the property is very close to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am happy to hear that we make you feel at home! I look forward to your next stay.
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2014

this trip i was disappointed with our room, we found animal feces in our room and it smelled like dog smell and the fitted sheet did not fit the mattress and the pad underneath was all crinkled underneath, the sheet kept coming off during the night so didn't get a very restful sleep, but the price was right

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so sorry that your stay was not a typical stay at our hotel! I have shared this review with my team and have made some changes. I hope the next time you visit Erie you will give us another chance.