“Not what I expected....”

TownePlace Suites Erie
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel is clean and the rooms are nice. Beyond that, the customer service is a joke. There at TWO luggage carts for the entire hotel! This makes it pretty much impossible to get one. Also, due to Melissa at the front desk being incredibly rude to my 8 year old son, we will NOT be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Mark D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear stephanie0903,
I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had. We take this very seriously and we are grateful for your feedback. This will allow us to improve on the things that matter the most to our valuable guests. We would be thrilled to welcome you back to the hotel for another shot.
King Regards

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The suite we stayed in was fine, but a little small. We expected a much larger room. The location was very good and the room was quiet. The price was a little high for the suite. The parking lot and road leading to the hotel needs serious repaving.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear DaveKola1 ,
Thank you so much for staying at the TownePlace Suites in Erie! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. For your next trip to Erie, we'd love to show you the larger suites we have available. We are also in th process of having the road leading to the hotel repaired and we should have that corrected very soon. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Have a great day!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Beds were insanely uncomfortable, the sheets had some stains on them, there was hair in the bathroom tub when we came and the air conditioning is weird and too loud. But it worked well for young kids with the full kitchen, and it's close to the Millcreek Mall. Their breakfast was not up to Marriott standards though, as usually Fairfield has a much better breakfast (even if it is continental). The TownePlace unfortunately had not so appetizing muffins (if you can call them that) and some yogurt with apples. Should have had a few other fruit options, and better coffee! Service was ok (could have been friendlier - we never received a hello or smile until one of my young daughters said it to them over and over so the front desk staff had no choice but to respond to her lol). There are better options in this area and I'm there often so next time I'll go back to my usual!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mark D, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear indu_sims,
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you did not have an exceptional stay. We take your comments very seriously and will work on improving each and every concern mentioned.
Kind Regards

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The staff was friendly and the rooms were excellent. We only stayed one night but this is exactly the room I'd book if staying for even longer. The fridge is spacious, the closet was very big, desk well placed. The only down side was maybe that the closet in the kitchen goes straight through to the bathroom, but it wasn't an issue for us.

Dear L4ure,
Thank you for your review! We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything at the hotel and we hope you choose us again when in Erie, PA. Your review made a lot of associates' day so thank you for that as well! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We would definitely stay here again! It is not the "nicest" hotel we have stayed in but it is clean, modern, and definitely better than most hotels. As a family, having a suite is so helpful. The hotel is located in the Millcreek Mall complex right off of the interstate. We were worried that it was a little far from Presque Isle, but it is NOT at all! One housekeeping item that I noted was that there was a line of grease along the bottom of the over range microwave door. I didn't notice it was there until I went to shut it and my fingers caught if (yuck!). I'm sure a quick mention to housekeeping would take care of this (we didn't call). ***Awesome and kind staff service!!!*** Every person on staff we interacted with was pleasant and friendly. I was pushing our stroller through the parking lot, and the assistant manager was going off shift, coming out through the main door. She waited for me, holding the door for me to come in. We also called on our way into town and they had a room ready that we could check in several hours early. No charge. We would recommend this hotel!

Dear Jennifer H,
It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us! We apologize for the mishap in regards to housekeeping. We have used your review as a "refresher" training topic for our staff in order to prevent this oversight in the future. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay overall and found our location to be much more convenient than expected. Many families love having the full size fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher and we are happy that it added value to your stay as well. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Lets just say I booked a room 3 1/2 months ago and was notified two days ago that my room was canceled. When I spoke to manager (Matt) he said that they knew they were going to cancel me three weeks ago but just got around to it now.( I would fire this guy today) He said the reason was that someone else was staying in this room and wanted to stay longer. (Not my problem MATT) this also was the case for fourteen other families in my group for a soccer tournament. So what he did was put us in another hotel that WAS NOT of equal value. This is bad business at the very least they should have foot the bill for our stay. Again I would fire Matt on the spot for this bad business. Undercover Boss needs to go to this place. Matt would be canceled with no notice.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank rockyjohn275

Dear rockyjohn275,
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and the misunderstanding with your reservation. We hope that you and your family enjoyed your time in Erie none the less. We would have loved to have you all stay with us and hope for the opportunity once again in the future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Got stuck in Erie PA. And ended up at this wonderful hotel. Walked over to the mall and eat at the Fireside. Also very recommended!!! The rooms where very clean and big. The guy at the counter held 3rooms for me for 30 mins so I would not have to do it driving down the road.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Act17ri,
Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites for your recent trip to Erie! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again in the future.