“Fabulous! Such a pleasant stay”

TownePlace Suites Erie
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Cranberry Twp
“Fabulous! Such a pleasant stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I reserved a Studio Queen room, and was placed in a 2-bedroom suite, which was amazing! The rooms were beautiful and well-appointed. I loved the full kitchen, including dishes, though I would have loved to have wine glasses as well!

I thought it was strange that the front door did not automatically open - it was a bit difficult to have to drag my luggage in while also propping the door with my foot.

Also, I noticed there were no full-length mirrors anywhere in the suite - one in the bathroom would have been helpful.

This was a great hotel and I will definitely stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: Elevators are slow, so perhaps choose a first floor room away from the pool/fitness center and away...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for writing such a great review for us! I only wish you would have inquired about wine glasses and a mirror, as we have both of those available, free of charge of course, upon request. I know what a downer it can be to drink wine out of a drinking glass, it's just not the same. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, as well as your complimentary upgrade. We hope to see you again in the future, and don't forget to ask for those wine glasses when you come back :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past two weeks. The front desk staff are friendly and polite. The hotel itsself clean and has a fresh air about iy. I stayed in a king studio. The room was clean and fresh and ther furniture was in great condition. Bed was comphy and feather pillows were great. Only problem i say was the whirlpool was dirty, scummy around the top needed to be cleaned. also the pool had a scum on top of the water and when you looked at the pools bottom it was very dirty. appears no one has been there in a while to clean or care for both of these. I could not stay in the whirlpool for any lengh of time due to the scum. Health problem big time!!!

Room Tip: rooms away from the interstater are quieter. ask for room on the backside if possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank JohnM23_13
I appreciate your review, thank you! Our pool and hot tub uses a Salt Water / Saline sanitation system and sometimes after the salt compound is added it creates an unsightly film on top of the water for a short period of time, I can only hope this was the "scum" you were experiencing. The bottom of our pool does appear to be dirty, but fortunately that is due to the paint on the bottom being worn off, over the past 5 years. Regardless, we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and our General Manager has addressed them with our Chief Engineer. We will be undergoing renovations in January 2015, just 6 years after opening and hope to have the pool bottom repainted.

Thanks again for taking the time to write a review, please come see us again!
Zelienople, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband & I spent 1 night here after spending the night before with my sons family (son, his wife & 3 kids, 8, 6, & 2); at another hotel. We needed some time alone I heard that the rooms were a little small. WE LOVE THIS HOTEL The staff was wonderful, very kind & helpful The room was on the small size, but you didn't notice it because it was layed out so well The indoor pool & spa were very nice Breakfast was good (included) We had a king room & it had everything including a dishwasher Bed very comfortable Will stay here again In over 42 years of traveling I've only been disappointed in a Marriott product (hotel) 1 time 5 stars

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TRAVELNUT207
I am glad to hear you found some relaxation at our hotel. Thank you for staying and you are welcome anytime!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Overall good and average but they can improve as the customer service was not as good as their brand image. There was a big power outage in the city, fortunately this place was not affected. Called the front desk about where can I find the open restaurant and in reply I got some rude answer. I hope they do understand that not all the visitor for this hotel comes from nearby towns. No water bottle and milk creamer and tooth brush kit. May be I am not staying a hotel frequently but the above mentioned items just vanished as their competition increased and the profit margin decreased by a little. And finally they charged my credit card account $50 more than the invoice/bill. ( still have to figure out why?)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron P
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. I apologize that you did not receive a definitive answer from our front desk staff regarding a restaurant referral when you inquired. More than likely our front desk agent at the time did not know where to send you as we were in the middle of a city-wide power outage. Approximately 30,000 residents were affected including a 10 mile radius around our hotel, how our hotel maintained power amid the crisis is beyond me. Regarding the toothbrush and coffee creamers we still do offer those complimentary to every guest. We have toothbrushes, toothpaste and a variety of other complimentary items at the front desk, all one has to do is ask and we are happy to accommodate. We also have a 24 hour complimentary coffee station stocked with flavored creamers, half-half, sugar and sweeteners, in addition to the coffee in your suites. The $50 charge you see is a temporary authorization that is held on your card for incidentals, which is standard at any hotel. That hold is released by our hotel once you check out and is typically refunded to you within 24-72 hours depending on your financial institution.
Farmington, Connecticut
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Booked four rms for 3 nights for a family get-together - they put my husband and I across from the ice machine (WHY was it in the middle of the hall and not over by the elevators?) which was ok for the 1st 2 nights bc it wasn't working - ha! When someone finally fixed it (not sure if it really got fixed, or just came to life), it whirred and beeped all night and made it next to impossible to sleep. Housekeeping was not good - we checked into a room that had not been thoroughly cleaned - there was a used bar of soap and a used towel on the bathroom counter, plus a full trash can, all of which made me wonder if the sheets had been changed. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm wondering if I should have. Ewww. On the next two days, we arrived back at our room after being out all day, and the room still hadn't been made up. (Had to call twice, but it got made up at about 8 pm - luckily we had relatives that were with us, and we went and sat it their room while we waited.) On top of it, the couch was scary dirty, and the shower curtain had some kind of grease on it. To make matters worse, either the fitted sheet was the wrong size, or it was so flabby that it came undone all night long - I was literally getting tangled up in the lumps of sheet and mattress pad. On the weekends they take away the only healthy option at breakfast (eggs) and all there is to eat are bagels, toast, and sweet stuff. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Springhill Suites - it's nice and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lizzieb28
I am sorry to hear you had such an unusually bad stay. I wish the deficiencies you noted after you checked in were brought to your attention immediately as we would have happily accomodated you with a different room, and a member of management would have personally inspected that new room with you, to ensure your satisfaction. I am happy to say that we have ordered new fitted sheets and are in the process of eliminating those that do not fit our Marriott standard. As for why the eggs were removed for the weekend, I apologize for that inconvenience. I can only hope that you found our other healthy offerings such as our pre-made Quaker oatmeal with walnuts, raisins and cranberries, our whole wheat bagels and toast, or our selection of yogurts and fresh fruit a satisfactory replacement.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I recently finished an extended stay at the TownePlace Suites in Erie. It was great to be able to stay at a hotel that had a full kitchen that was nicely stocked, although the smaller suites do not have an oven (only a stove top) and microwave. The full-sized fridge is a plus too. Suites range from roomy to studio apartment sized depending on your price level. The staff is very helpful and friendly - there is even a small garden planted out back for travelers to pick fresh produce and herbs from. The hotel has a fitness room that has top of the line Precor products, although there is only one elliptical, two treadmills, and a set of free weights in it, so you may have to wait during busy times. There is a pool and whirlpool that are well kept. Most of the time other travelers are quiet, but on some weekends in the spring and early summer teams of children visit with their families and you don't want to be there during those times. Located within the Millcreek mall complex, this is a good hotel for shoppers visiting Erie. Another note, the hotel is pet friendly. One long-time neighbor had a very yappy Bichon that spoiled more than a few nights' sleep. If you don't have pets, or don't like dogs, this isn't the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for the wing facing the mall and you won't abut Route 79 - it is much quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review. I apologize for the dog barking I wish we would have known as we would have addressed it with the owner right away. We hope to see you again in the future!
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were in Erie,Pa. for the Tall Ships event recently and stayed in this Hotel on Aug.4, 2013.
What a GREAT experience. The desk clerk Joann greeted us and was pleasant and very helpful. We did not have any reservations, but she was able to help us with a great suite.
All the staff were nice and helpful.
Our Suite was fantastic, very clean, large size bedrooms, great kitchenette, & quiet.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am happy to hear you had such a great stay, and Joanna with be ecstatic to see that you mentioned her. Please come back and see us again!