“Very pleasant and friendly!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Erie

TownePlace Suites Erie
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Erie
cleve, ohio
“Very pleasant and friendly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived later in the day and the front desk clerk, JoAnna, was very helpful checking us in and giving us a good late night bistro choice. The lobby decor was pleasant and the rooms were nice. We have never stayed at a TownPlace suite, so we were impressed by the clean neat little kitchen, big closets and great bed! The only thing missing was an extra mirror by the dresser, there was only one in the bathroom. Breakfast was basic continental. Overall, nice hotel..we will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and also the driveway to enter can be tricky...you may have to trust your...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review, and thanks for your tip about not trusting your GPS. Since we are located on private property, within the Millcreek Mall complex, it can be very tricky to find us sometimes. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have stayed here numerous times over the last couple of years and have completed loved it!
We decided to take our kids and my parents this past weekend and booked the 2 bedroom apartment...room 100 on the first floor. It was clean, spacious...but as I have seen in some of the other reviews, the pull out soft was absolutely AWFUL. My youngest actually said "Mommy, this bed hurts"....for how awesome this hotel is....we were so disappointed. The other thing was the garbage pick up at 4:30AM Saturday morning! Being on the first floor it woke up EVERYONE in the unit.
Other than that, this is an awesome hotel.....but if you are planning to use the pull out sofa as I bed - stay somewhere else. Adults could in no way sleep on it. My husband just laid done with the kids to get them to sleep and said it was terrible. Sorry TownPlace, but you let us down!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherri2424
I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed this time, I only wish you had made us aware of the issue with the pull-out sofa sleeper as we would have either placed a bed board under the mattress, or switched the mattress to a more comfortable one for you - I hate to hear that your children did not have a restful sleep. Regarding the dumpster being emptied that early I assure you that is not their scheduled time and management has already contacted our refuse company to express our dissatisfaction with their choice to come at 4:30 in the morning, and they have assured us it will not happen again. Please give us another chance and come back to see us, we promise not to let you down again.
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed over in Erie for a couple of nights and our first night was not the best as the hotel we had booked showed a hot tub but did not have it, and the pool they had was to cold. Contacted the TownePlace Suites and asked if they could help us out and they went over and above what they had to do! The Hotel was very clean, the rooms very clean and spacious and the staff could not help us enough! Next trip to Erie, we know where we are staying!!! Thanks gang for helping us out!!

Right next door to the Millcreek Mall.

Room Tip: I would pick the rooms on the side of Highway 79, as the rooms are very quiet, but your room also lo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your kind words. I am very happy to hear that we were able to help you and your family regarding our pool and hot tub. I hope you enjoyed it as we take great pride in our saline system as it definitely cuts down on the use of chlorine which is much more sensitve on the skin and eyes. We can't wait to see you again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

From check-in to check-out the experience was upscale and amazing! The front desk was courteous and friendly and catered to me and my family's every need! I felt like we were hot shots for the weekend living the lavish life! The suite was very clean and accommodating the pool was well chemicalized and clean as well and the whirlpool spa ! The hotel made me wanna never leave and I'm coming from NYC and I can honestly say the 7.5 hrs was well worth it! Me and my family are Teamtowneplacemarriotsuites! Thanks for everything Towneplace Erie !

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for your review, I'm happy to hear our staff treated you so well while you were here - we strive to treat each and every customer with the utmost respect in order to make the Towneplace Suites feel like your home away from home. Please come see us again in the future!
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for work. My favorite part of the rooms are that they are very clean, the TV has a lot of channels and the beds are very comfortable. I will also say the staff was very friendly, as well.

The staff was also knowledgeable about dinner recommendations and things to do. I will definitely return to this hotel again for a weekend trip!

Room Tip: A room facing the courtyard has a nice view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our beds and that our staff was helpful in directing you to one of our many nearby restaurants. Please come see us again sometime in the future!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

After being "walked" by a major hotel in downtown Erie and sent to the Towneplace (not knowing what to expect) I was in a pretty foul mood. That soon changed when a very nice bubbly front desk clerk named Shakira checked me in. She was extremely pleasant and hospitable. My room was very clean and modern. a huge walkin closet and a full size kitchen. I didn't choose this hotel, but if I come back to Erie, PA I would seriously consider staying here.

Room Tip: My room was a bit noisy facing Highway 79. I would avoid that side if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim H, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Erie, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello, although you didn't choose our hotel we are glad you had the opportunity to stay with us. Sherika will be very happy to hear that she helped make your stay an enjoyable experience. I am sorry the highway noise was an issue, sadly its one of the downfalls to being conveniently located off of the highway. Although we aren't on Erie's bayfront we hope you enjoyed our promximity to area shopping and restaurants. We are glad you were able to stay with us and hope to see you in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for about a week. The 2 bedroom suite was perfect for our family! We had the most friendly staff (Mark, Toni, & Sherry). The breakfast was great and so were the breakfast staff members. Our kids enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and the sauna was great! It was located next to the pool, so we were able to watch the kids while we relax in the sauna! We highly recommend this hotel! Thank you for a great experience! -Henschel Family

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
We really appreciate your review, and are happy to hear that your family enjoyed our pool and sauna. We loved hosting your family and hope to see you again in the future!