“Gross” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Cleveland, Ohio
“Gross”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have stayed here in the past and it was nice and this is why we had chosen to stay again, sadly this time I was grossed out, upon entering our room we had found urine all over the toilet and the floor, we did call down and have some one clean it, upon looking around more, we found dirt in the drawers, food that looked like it had been in the microwave and fridge for about 10 years, dust and dirt hanging from the ceilings, I could go on but hopefully you get the picture. I travel with my own clorox products so I did clean the room myself and was able to tolerate it as I had no other choice to stay here do to a family emergency. I did take pictures to document the filth.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gypse2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

I would sit here and try to explian to you why your trip to Erie should not include the days inn but I wouldn't know where to start. We have travelled to many destinations so we are speaking from experience and we are certainly not whiners and complainers but when something needs to be said we say it.
Do not stay at this hotel if you can help it...we understand if your stuck and there is no other room for a hundred miles.
I am trying to think of a positve but I can't.

Room Tip: Stay on Peach street if you are coming here to spend some time shopping. Most restaurants and other...
1 Thank Dominic A

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Brentwood, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed here 4 nights with my teenage daughter and my new puppy. The front desk & staff were very friendly. Upon entering the room, I could see that it is in desperate need of a makeover. The furniture was chipped, we had to turn a light bulb in the fixture to get it on & off because the switch was broke and the fridge was missing. I went to the front desk & they brought one to my room within 10 minutes. I loved the fact that I could take my puppy with us. He loved the outside. The pool was in good shape & it was large. The breakfast was typical continental breakfast...eggs, sausage, toast, etc. The coffee was excellent & they even have snacks you can purchase in the lobby. All in all, for the price, it was a good place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is the second (and final) Days Inn I have stayed in recently (in two different states) and will not be using this chain again until I hear they updated from the 1985 decor (The old yellowed wallpaper, those...bed spreads!!!) & they (this location) need some customer service with their front line staff.

Generally things were ok. It was clean. The air conditioning worked. The pool was nice. Location is one exit away from everything - that said - Erie is pretty small so travel is not long anywhere around the city. If you DO stay here - Doc Holiday's next door is great for a few cheap beers and some live entertainment. Coming from a 10-year indoor smoking ban, thou, it was very shocking to see people smoking inside a bar!

The front desk staff definitely need some customer service lessons - they missed the class on 'serve the customer in front of you'. Interrupting every conversation with us to answer the phone and deal with that person in full vs putting them on hold or leaving it until they finished with us. A 5 minute check out took about 15 minutes! The free continental breakfast was non-existant 5 minutes after it was scheduled to be over. (Most places I have stayed usually have a few minutes leeway on it!) All cleared at 9:05am with no exceptions.

I would not say "do not" stay here - but ensure you get a good rate for what you are getting.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

All was good. Nothing amazing (with exception with the girl at front desk check in;very nice). Rooms clean breakfast good pool nice. Exactly what should be expected with this level of establishment.Perfect for quick lake getaway!

Room Tip: Not as close to Presque Isle as I would have liked but REALLY those hotels should have a health insp...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Maui, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Typical Days Inn quality. A little above the norm. Good helpful staff, same breakfast fare, location was convenient to many attractions in Erie.

Room Tip: Ask for a non smoking room and one which no pets previously occupied.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have never wrote a review before, but I also never have had such a horrible experience staying somewhere. When we first walked into our room the chain to the door was broken, the microwave door was broken. The room did not look like it had been dusted in over 6 months. None of the outlets besides 2 worked for us to plug our electronics in. Then the worst part was that when we would take a shower we had NO HOT WATER. I thought this may have been just us, but I called a few others in our group and they also did not have hot water. I called the front desk and I was told I would get a call back. I am still waiting for that call and I am now home. When I asked to talk to the manger I was told there was nothing they could do for us because we had a great rate because we were with a group. I never asked for anything off I was just telling her what was wrong with our stay. But in my opinion that was the worst way to handle a customer. You do not tell them its okay to have a poor stay and crappy room because you had a great deal.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends