“Great stay”

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Brampton, Canada
“Great stay”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This is my 4th stay at this comfort inn, we stay here during our shopping trips! The rooms are clean, staff are very friendly/helpful! I would recommend this hotel anytime!
You also get a free breakfast, which has a pretty good variety of things to choose from.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank tahnee11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cleveland,Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Check in was a breeze we got there at 2:45 our room was ready. Close to a lot of food places we ate one night at The Olive Garden food was good. But a bit of a drive to the casino. Room was ok very clean but out dated carpet needs replaced ajnd one bed was comfy the other not so much,chairs also need replaced. All in all was a nice stay. Would I stay again maybe. Breakfast was ok the usual. Staff were all very nice and helpful. It was pretty quiet a few doors closing and footsteps from upstairs could be heard but was a pleasant stay. No bugs at all,we were there two nights. Bathroom was pretty big and very clean.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sheltie44
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect! Very convenient and easy to get to.
I chose this hotel because the price was right and it is a great hotel.
The rooms were spacious and bright and the a/c worked great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh,PA
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here last week with the family. The location is fantastic! Only about a mile or so from Presque Isle. For the price, the location can't be beat. Lots of stores and restaurants close by. Staff were wonderful! Front desk staff were super courteous and welcoming at check-in and out. Free breakfast was great, lots of different choices. Coffee and juice available all day in the lobby. Hotel was quiet, surprisingly, as it was pretty full. No noise in the hallways or outside late at night.

Hotel itself is pretty average looking, a little on the older side, but adequate. Pool area was small and tended to get crowded, but sufficient. Room was a tad small and beds were small but comfortable.

We enjoyed our stay here and definitely would stay again if we're in the area. Would also recommend this hotel to others. Once again, the location is great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TrueStrength
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 3 nights. I made the reservation through an express deal on Priceline. After the hotel was revealed I read some reviews that worried me. I don't know what people were complaining about. It's not a 5 star hotel and they should realize that. We found it to be clean and adequate for our needs. It is a bit worn and could use some updating but we found it to be clean and everyone was very accommodating. The breakfast area was very crowded every morning as the hotel was quote full with many families. An extra waffle maker probably would have helped to ease the congestion as the waffles were the main attraction! After the first morning we chose to go to breakfast a little earlier and there were fewer people there. Good stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Because this hotel is so close to waldameer and splash lagoon, I'd have to say this isn't the place to go if you want to avoid a lot of small children. Hotel was reasonably clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was decent, although I have to agree with another poster about too many kids with fingers in it. We lost electricity in our room, which the staff immediately addressed. I slipped and fell in the shower. The tub, while clean, is very slippery. A non skid surface would have prevented this. I also feel that for the price, a refrigerator should have been included. The pillows are small and square; you basically get 4 small throw pillows on a double bed, rather than 2 normal ones. This, coupled with a poorly functioning air conditioner, made for a sleepless night. The pool is very nice; clean and well maintained.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Amherst, New York, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family of four, with two teenage kids, recently stayed here. I have never in my 51 years stayed at a hotel so riddled with contrasts. To begin with, STAFF IS EXCELLENT all the way around!! And I truly mean that! Friendly, caring, efficient, hard-working, accommodating . . I can't say enough about the front desk and breakfast service employees! Hotel room itself was VERY clean, and believe me, I checked all of the nooks and crannies. Bedding smelled clean & fresh, AC worked well, pool view was nice and pool was very clean and heated comfortably, ice machine on our floor worked, there is a reassuring 24-hour presence in the lobby, friendly housekeepers, a rollaway bed so my kids didn't have to sleep together, a little table with 2 upholstered chairs and a family-friendly flatscreen, very large and bright family-size bathroom with terrific shower head & wonderful towels. Although the room itself was a little tight for four, it was a bargain at the special rate of $99 a night with breakfast included. Daily variety of foods, like hard-boiled eggs, bagels and wheat bread to toast, 3 kinds of yogurt, sausages, scrambled eggs, make-your-own waffles - so many things to choose from other than the stale danishes and cereal. Coffee is excellent and available all day and night, along with bananas, apples and oranges. Overall, the hotel is well taken care of, and I would stay there again at that price. This is an old hotel, and I mean OLD: worn carpeting, stained walls, stained and threadbare blankets and spreads, limp pillows, and the oldest and most UNcomfortable beds I have ever slept in, anywhere! The rollaway even had springs sticking out of it. Besides this, the biggest drawback was not having a mini fridge in the room - a necessity in this price range. There was a microwave in the lobby but not in the room. Pool was very nice and clean, but small, and there were quite a few very nice moms with kids from the neighborhood who were not hotel guests but swam and came in for refreshments anyway - probably not a great idea with such a small pool. Hotel was extremely noisy until about 3 a.m. - lots of pounding on the floors and along the hallways, like elephants running around - probably not great for business travelers. I would say that tightening up on the rules and noise, and NEW BEDS & BEDDING, and a MINI-FRIDGE in EVERY room, would go a long way to making this a 4-star hotel. KUDOS TO THE EXCELLENT STAFF!! :)

Room Tip: Pool view was nice and bright. Might be a good idea to ask for a room with a newer shower head and a...