New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #26 of 37 Hotels in Erie
Ontario, Canada
“Perfect for our shopping trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was the perfect hotel for our 2-night visit to Erie. We gals were on a shopping trip and found this hotel had everything we needed at a great price! They offer a nice free breakfast in the morning (7AM-10AM), the beds were pretty good and the outdoor swimming pool was a nice spot to unwind with a cocktail, and a dip after shopping all day. Yes, the décor is a little tired but the staff was very pleasant and it was everything we needed. It was 12 minutes drive to Millcreek Mall.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Hotel if very close to Presque Isle and would be a great choice for visitors there. But for the business traveler not the best.
I found the hotel to be clean and well taken care of. Rooms were old but clean. The AC in my room could have been a little colder. Room had very few plugs and no desk so it was challenging to work on my computer. There was a small table though. Most frustrating was the WiFi. It was strong in the lobby but horrible in my rooms I could not keep signal. Making for an unproductive night

• Stayed June 2013
Wheeling, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

When I book a 2-star hotel, I know what I'm getting. But the Comfort Inn in Erie had a few surprises up its sleeve. Good ones. First off, Bobby at the front desk was immensely helpful, giving me directions to local wineries and restaurants, and the fellow in the morning was just as accommodating. Also, the room was much bigger than I anticipated. Another plus. The room itself was clean and, for a smoking room, was surprisingly free of odor and burns. Great quality for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overpriced. Old. Dingy. Dark. Depressing. Lobby even smells old and musty to go along with it.
At $50-70 a night this wouldn't have been a bad place. But for $130, are you kidding me? Next time I will stick with The Glass House Inn when I am in Erie. Its also old, but not dirty, or smelly, and the AC works amazing. And the front desk there is always awesome.
Anyway, to be specific about this hotel, because I hate vague reviews. Walking into this hotel was disappointing right off the bat. The lobby is dark, the carpet is worn, and it smells. Made me nervous for my room. Got to my room, thankfully it smelled better than the lobby and hallways. The comforters and blankets were very old and gross and you could not tell if and when those were ever washed, lots of questionable stains on the underside. Nasty. Also, when we walked in the sheets were half off the bed!!! Not like someone had slept there, but like the housekeepers just threw them on and walked away. Brilliant, now I get to make the bed before I go to sleep. Pillows were hard and and small like blocks, and not comfortable. Carpet was worn and had lots of stains. Noisy AC that barely cooled the room. Was hot all night. They do have very nice flat screen tv's that we enjoyed!
Now for the bathroom. It at least appeared clean. The water pressure in the shower was terrible!!! We turned on the shower and just had to laugh it was so bad. I couldn't even get mad anymore I just felt like we were on candid camera. It came out in a single trickle. So much for rinsing my hair.Too bad Tripadvisor doesn't allow videos! Oh, and the faucet almost came out of the wall when I tried to turn it on.
There is no fitness center provided. Huge turnoff. Did not try the pool.
Breakfast- Stale Cheerios!!!!! I actually spit them out. And they are one of my favorite cereals - generic or name brand. Then I tried a bagel. Stale, couldn't even bite into it. So I went with the waffles. They were good. My boyfriend tried a couple of the other baked things, all stale and hard. They of course had standard hotel eggs also. Coffee was good at least!
The people that rated this hotel highly obviously have low standards and don't travel much to know what a hotel of this price range should be. (or maybe I got a really bad deal on this place!)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Staff is great. Free breakfast is always a good perk. Rooms are very out dated and rather dingy. Mattress is worn out and the ac isnt the greatest.You could find better around this area for the same price.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
LATROBE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very worn comforters, bathroom filthy, microwave unclean, very dated, not enough room to eat breakfast in lobby (too many kids putting hands into food and putting stuff back), no elevator, had to lug all luggage up steps, refrigerator did not keep water and food cold. Buyer beware.....they charge high prices for poor quality rooming.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kelly G

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Every time we stay at this hotel we are more than pleased with the service, the comfort, the cleanliness of the hotel and room and the amazing beds. We also of course love the breakfast - just enough to start the day without sitting heaving on our stomachs for the shopping day ahead. Would recommend this hotel highly to anyone visiting Erie.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends