“maintenance needed”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have some of the same comments that others have said : the screen in our room was ripped and torn. The wall plug in the bathroom kept "tripping" when a hair dryer was plugged in and needed to be reset. The room was clean and we slept good --the weather was terrible Fri-Sun so we were unable to use the pool. The continential breakfast is a so so ---they serve little round egg patties which tast terrible -- like rubber---there is only one "airpot" for regular coffee and on busy mornings it keeps running out and you have to wait for them to refill it they should have at least 2 pots. The computer work station if located right by the front desk there is always somebody at the desk checking in/out or asking questions etc --no privacy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have stayed in this property for over 20 years when it was originally a Hampton Inn. They need to spend some money to up date the hotel. Screens on the windows in our room were torn, bathrooms are in bad shape, the whole place has a worn look. Not sure how the Comfort Inn people have note required them to upgrade.

Breakfast pretty standard and the staff is nice but we will be somewhere else on our next trip.

Room Tip: Go to another property
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is the kind of place where all you need is clean beds and A decent breakfast. We go to Presque Isle for the beach, so the hotel is used for just pretty much sleeping and that's what you basically get! The first impression was not very good. Our family,(8 adults and 4 children) arrived almost an hour early and was told only one of the three rooms were ready. No problem right? Well we waited another whole hour in the lobby with 3 little ones and 2 luggage carts loades waiting for the rooms to be cleaned. The lobby was not a confortable temp to boot and they only had one desk clerk to take all the reservations. The place is obviously understaffed. After our rooms were finally ready I waited to see if any mention would be made to rectify our inconvenience and nothing of course was uttered. Not good at all, so I mentioned it and still not sure I received anything as the bills were all different from when I reserved them. Housekeeping for the most part employeed very friendly people,but any I tried to speak to did not understand a word of english. Had to play scherades with one to try to get a shower hat for my wife!!! Breakfast was adaquate, cereal, toast, bagels,sausage, some funny shapped eggs, waffles. All in all the place was ok to stay at and would probably do so again. Would not hold the room wait time against them as I know this is a rare thing, but it does happen..

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I hate to give a place a bad review because I think in general people are too picky, but...... the A/C unit was SO loud that we couldn't sleep. We turned it off, sweated AND had to listen to the guy next door. He was snoring and coughing. I was surprised that we got double beds instead of queens, but upon checking, they were as advertised. The beds were comfortable but small! As far as breakfast, as long as there is protein I am usually fine w it, but it was hard to love the watery scrambled eggs... My son did like the made to order waffles. If I had slept well I may have given this a better review but I was GRUMPY!!!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel is a little dated, needs a renovation, but having said that, it is convenient to I-90, it's right outside your door, so ask for a room that does not over look the highway, it could get noisy. The hotel was convenient to restaurants and the waterpark and the lake took us 15-20 minutes to get to. If you want to stay in this area book a hotel early, all the other hotels in this area were full when I started looking - this looks like a vacation area destination.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Easy stay, good rates, good time! Not a bad little hotel to stop in and stay over night when on the road. Friendly staff, nice breakfast and a decent location!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brenda m
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Hotel is a budget hotel with premium pricing. They run out of items at breakfast frequently and have a limited breakfast choices, The room we were in had burnt out bulbs in two lights. There is not a microwave nor a minifridge.The safe didnt work even though they automatically charge you a daily charge for the safe being available. If you dont use it they say they credit you. We booked through Splash Lagoon reservations and I believe you can do better if you just book through hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family