“great experience”

Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Imperial, Pennsylvania
“great experience”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn for a second chance trip...first time around didn't go great. This time it was wonderful! I have 2 small children and the accomodations met our needs and the room was clean, spacious and relaxing. We also took advantage of Splash Lagoon and it was so convinient to be able to walk down the hall and be in the action...but so important for us, to be able to go back to our room to relax and have nap time for the kids. Stacy at the Residence Inn offered us great customer service and we will be repeat customers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This Residence inn has everything you could want and so much more!
We were going to Splash lagoon and took our two grandchildren a little nervous about how we would pull this off with accommodations and bedtime. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite which just couldn't have been better. I just want to thank Residence inn for doing this, I know you didn't have to do it, but it made everything so much nicer with the kids! The hotel was so easy to go back and forth from the park to our room, with two little one it was fantastic. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is even thinking of staying and going to splash lagoon.
The hotel it self is one I would stay at even if it wasn't connect to splash lagoon. In the evening you could get a snack, which changes daily and only during the week. They serve beer or wine and soft drinks. The night we were there it was salad and nachos all of this is complementary. The staff who was serving the night we were there was above expectations, I just couldn't believe how nice the employees are at this hotel. Even the maintenance man at the pool area was kind to the kids and later we seen him clean near the elevator and he was so friendly with the kids. That is appreciated by grandparents!
The work out room is great and complete. If you would like to use the pool it has towels everywhere and the pools is clean. There is a bird that the kids couldn't get enough of also.
The rooms are clean and well stocked, coffee to get your day started along with popcorn. The only complaint was the pull out sofa was so uncomfortable, but it is a pull out sofa and not a bed.
There are many shops and restaurants in the area and all great!
I will go back to this hotel it exceeded my expectation's.

Room Tip: If your going to Splash lagoon the lower floor would be nice. The top floor would be nice if you wo...
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed here for one night as part of a Splash Lagoon getaway package. Kind of an odd layout and building structure but may be typical of the Residence chain design. Lobby was a desk and the breakfast restaurant. Friendly and fast check-in. You can walk right from the main level into Splash Lagoon - the other end of Splash Lagoon has the entry for the other property directly attached which is a Holiday Inn Express, and a Comfort Inn is attached to the Residence Inn. I would say your most upscale option (if you can get that in the Erie area) would be Residence based on the price, room decor, etc. The company that owns Splash Lagoon owns all three properties, and it appears to be two more properties across the road including a Hilton Garden Inn since they operated a shuttle service with all the logos and will sell you a package deal including wristbands. Room design was as expected - one bedroom with sofa bed, fireplace, full kitchen and two queens in the bedroom. Nice sectional couch. Little smaller than I expected for a one bedroom suite but fine for the one night. Odd overall architectural design since all the rooms on our side on the ground floor basically faced the lobby and would have no windows or natural light - so they built a cutout into the building structure to allow for a window to see outside... an interior wall! with screens lying on the ground everywhere. Nice. Family was cold and not happy with the bedding - asked for more blankets, which came but had marker and unknown food on them, so didn't use them and couldn't be bothered to ask for more - guess they never wash them. Breakfast was good - hot and cold, plus the usual self made waffles. could use more fruit other than bananas and apples, and could use some yogurt. Splash Lagoon was insane and maximum capacity on a Saturday so we appreciated the ability to walk back in our flipflops and come back to the oasis of the hotel pool, sauna and hottub which although small in comparison was way less crazy than in Splash. If you are not staying with the intent on going to Splash Lagoon and are more just a regular traveller than I think you would be better off at properties across the road or Marriott properties more North near the mall, and you would probably pay less as well, and not have to deal with all the Splash activity.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the east parking lot, not on the ground floor
Brookville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I and my daughters really like this hotel, We stayed here numerous times over the last 3 years and the beds are great and there is always enough kindness to go around from employees,I would recommend this hotel to anyone that has kids or just being alone. We love it here!last trip march 15,2014

Room Tip: All the rooms are big enough for families!
Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The Residence in is typical of Marriott properties. It is clean, functional and located well just outside the city but near many shops and restaurants. The staff was wonderfully helpful with every request. They seemed unable to do enough for me exceeding every request.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank edharrell
Westfield, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Reserved this hotel months ago for an early morning flight from Erie International. I decided to check with the hotel about our early morning need for a shuttle 2/14/14. I did so in January. After some checking by a hotel employee I was told they don't run a shuttle that early but would check with another hotel. They said they didn't make their schedule that far in advance, so please check back in February.
When I called in February I was told that the schedule wouldn't be done until Friday of that week, which was only 7 days until departure. When I did call back, they checked and said the other hotel didn't run one that early but they would give me the number of a local cab company. I reserved this hotel because they list a shuttle to the airport and it would save friends dropping us at the airport at 4:15 am. I asked the employee to check about the hotel providing me with a cab at their expense and was told they would have to check with the manager who was not on property at the time. The employee said she would contact the manager and get back to me shortly. I waited two days before canceling the reservation and reserving at Courtyard by Marriott. They simply asked what time I wanted the shuttle.
I am sure the hotel is a wonderful place to stay, just don't expect a shuttle whenever you might need it.
As a loyal Marriott customer, I have always found they would work to remedy any situation. This one was a disappointment.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RLM2014
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Recently stayed at the Residence Inn with my family during a shopping trip. The stylish suite we stayed in had two double beds, a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, fully stocked kitchen, and pull out sofa - all for under a $100 a night! However, when we first entered our room we noticed the garbage (which was full) sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. After telling the front desk this, they immediately apologized and gave us the room across the hall which was properly cleaned.
The pool & hot tub area was nicely decorated and very relaxing. It was open to 11:00pm and even has a sauna. The hotel also had a schedule of free food throughout the week and we enjoyed their selections of nachos, veggies and dip, and cookies the night we arrived after a long drive. The complementary breakfast was basic but satisfactory. Our hotel room was definitely the highlight of our stay - the fireplace really made it feel cozy. I recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay at a nice hotel in Erie at an affordable price.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Rewards member, ask the front desk if you can spin their wheel of prizes. We...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family