WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Brampton, Canada
“Amazing Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Recently stayed at the Residence Inn with my family during a shopping trip. The stylish suite we stayed in had two double beds, a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, fully stocked kitchen, and pull out sofa - all for under a $100 a night! However, when we first entered our room we noticed the garbage (which was full) sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. After telling the front desk this, they immediately apologized and gave us the room across the hall which was properly cleaned.
The pool & hot tub area was nicely decorated and very relaxing. It was open to 11:00pm and even has a sauna. The hotel also had a schedule of free food throughout the week and we enjoyed their selections of nachos, veggies and dip, and cookies the night we arrived after a long drive. The complementary breakfast was basic but satisfactory. Our hotel room was definitely the highlight of our stay - the fireplace really made it feel cozy. I recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay at a nice hotel in Erie at an affordable price.

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Rewards member, ask the front desk if you can spin their wheel of prizes. We...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed for a long weekend with the family at the attached Splash Lagoon indoor water park. The hotel is typical for a Residence Inn, which is a good thing. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly and attentive, and the breakfast is good. We did a mix of food options while there, including dining out at a local chain place, ordering in from the attached Boston's Pizza, breakfast in the dining area, and a quick meal that was prepared in the room by us after a quick shopping trip to the nearby Wegman's. The fact that this property is directly attached to the water park is a big plus and makes for easy access for the kids to have some fun. If you're traveling with kids, it's worth it to opt for the larger suites because it allows for some quiet time in your own space once the kids are knocked out from the water park. I've stayed at several Residence Inns while traveling for work, and I've always been satisfied with what the brand has to offer. I'm very glad to find that this location doesn't disappoint and will stay there every time we go to Splash Lagoon in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jason M
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Arrival was late and everything from made sofa bed was Great-
Pool was open till 1100 kids were excited and the water was warm both in the pool and large hot tub.
Room- bed was firm and really slept well but the pillows were on the verge of terrible- unfortunately I sometimes just have to deal with non feather pillows- room was roomy with table large couch which turns into bed and fireplace and whirlpool tub -quite deep enough room for two adults and two kids
Breakfast- marginal- waffles potatoes eggs French toast bread beagles cereal coffee tea milk and juices and for the kids who eat terrible sodas for breakfast!!
Front desk staff friendly
&&& killer point &&& -- directly connected to Splash lagoon - very short walk

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Iwillnfa
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our family stayed at the Residence Inn during a recent visit to Splash Lagoon. The hotel was great for our purposes. We stayed in a 1-br room which was quite spacious. We also appreciated being directly attached to the Splash Lagoon and to Boston's pizza restaurant. The hotel staff was quite nice and accommodating to our family's needs.

The included breakfast was fine, although the eating area is quite small and could easily fill up. Also, the mattress was super firm, too firm for my tastes. Finally, the room ran hot... really hot. As in, I had the thermostat set to 68, but the temperature in the room was reading 80 degrees. I'm not sure where the excess heat was coming from, but the only effective way of cooling it down enough to make sleeping comfortable was to open the window (20 degree temps) for thirty minutes or so.

These were small things though that merely kept it from being outstanding. We enjoyed staying here and plan to stay here again when we return to Splash Lagoon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank clarkbhm
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I am actually writing this review while in my hotel room. Check in was easy and the receptionist was very friendly. All of the workers in the hallways are friendly and helpful. The hotel has a comfortable feel. The pool area was very pleasent. The problem I have with my room right now is (beyond having stains all over the furniture and a hair on my pillow that was not mines) one of the double beds is so badly ditched in you can clearly see it a mile away. It looks as though there is a huge hole in the middle of the bed. I tried laying in it before having my daughter sleep in it and it was so uncomfortable. I decided to try the pull out sofa. As I opened the sofa there was either coffee or blood stains on the mattress. I called the reception desk asking for a replacement mattress 40 minutes ago and haven't received a call back. Its just disappointing. There is no way a bed in such bad condition could go over looked. Personally sleep conditions and staff interactions are the most important part of my hotel stays. I expected more since I have stayed at the residence inn in the past and had so many great experiences.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank S4896
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is the 2nd year now I took my nephews for an overnite trip to Splash Lagoon for their Christmas gift. My nephew even wanted the same room we had last time - Room 307 (I prefer top floors and towards the end of hallways to eliminate people traffic and noise so this room fits the bill). They were able to accommodate us and give us the same room. Ericka at the front desk is absolutely delightful and juggled some things around for us to make our trip even better !! This hotel and the 1 bedroom suites that they have just can't be beat for the price. The bed is so comfortable, it's clean, it's got a great complete kitchen, a living room that is huge (they could add another chair or so for more seating-there is plenty of room) with the flat screen and gas fireplace. No complaints about the accommodations again this year and I give it 5 stars. NOTE the only thing that didn't work out so well this year was the breakfast buffet. Seems we hit it at a super busy time and the staff just couldn't keep up. The waffle irons were working but the timers weren't-when I told one of the women she told me it's because they are tired ! ? Hard to make good belgian waffles when the timer isn't working . I decided next year we would just go out to breakfast-less hassle and chaos. Still - a great place to stay !!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank livn2vaca
Beaver Dams, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was a great hotel, staff was great-very accomodating with early check-in. Connected to Splash Lagoon-which was great for the kids. Lots of choices for Breakfast, Rooms were great, only concern, pullout couch was a little hard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family