“Excellent After Christmas Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Residence Inn Erie
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent After Christmas Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at this property for 2 nights starting on December 28th. The hotel was great - clean, with plenty of room along with the appliances (fridge, burners, microwave, dishwasher) in case we wanted to do our own cooking. The hotel was a little noisy as there were lots of teenagers/families around because of the holiday. They are pet friendly as we travel with 2 large dogs. The only thing I would say negative is that $75 is a little expensive as a premium for the pet stay. It would be nice if they could reduce that particularly for loyalty card holders or people who come back to places time after time. Breakfast in the morning was also terrific - lots of variety to cover many tastes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

On Dec. 29, 2012 we stayed for one evening at this excellent hotel coming in from a snow storm crossing Pennsylvania. We were warmly welcomed and received excellent care from Erika: thank you.

The hotel has recently been refurbished. We requested a suite with a single bedroom, fireplace and jacuzzi hottub: I think we were upgraded to a large suite. All were much appreciated and used in light of the cold, snowy weather.

This was our third stay and best: we will return.

Room Tip: We found a third floor room at the hall end by the wooded area quite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitingham, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We (hubby and myself) were on our way home from vacation and a snow storm was brewing. Decided last minute to find a place to stay. One problem-we had our collie with us!!! Residence Inn is PET FRIENDLY and we were able to book a room no problem. Room was spacious, kitchen equipment, fireplace, big screen tv, jacuzzi tub, nice room. A bit worried that it would be very noisy, due to their proximity to Splash Lagoon (attached!)...but it was quiet and we had a wonderful night. Would highly recommend! We are now planning a mini-vacation this summer to come back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane M
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I don't have the best luck with hotels. The Residence Inn in Erie, PA (connected to Splash Lagoon Indoor Waterpark) was an extremely pleasant surprise! I took my 10 y.o. and 7 y.o. nephews to Splash Lagoon for an overnite trip for their Christmas Gift. I read reviews on Trip Advisor of the other connected hotels and they got some pretty nasty reviews...mostly mentioning the are worn, old, dirty, etc. The Residence Inn got good write ups so I went by those. Very glad I did. The girls at the front desk were extremely helpful and friendly. I actually was craving a glass of milk around 9 pm when we got back from the waterpark and stopped at the vending machines by the lobby hoping there would be something other than soda,and mentioned to the girl at the desk that I was craving milk!! Without a second thought she said she'd go into the kitchen and get me a to go cup of milk-not a problem ! I thought that was extremely nice. The room - it was way more than I expected it to be. There was a HUGE living room with an L shaped sectional sofa that opened into a bed for the kids, a complete kitchen, a beautiful corner gas fireplace underneath a 50" flatscreen mounted TV. A separate bedroom with another 42" flatscreen, a VERY comfortable bed, and a huge bathroom with a massive whirlpool tub. It was very clean, comfortable, and spacious. I was really delighted and would go back again in a heartbeat!! Very convenient to the waterpark too which was great.

Room Tip: with my history of bad luck at hotels-mostly due to noisy areas, doors banging, loud TV's, and s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank livn2vaca
Port Royal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

My recent visit to the Residence Inn in Erie, Pa was one of the best hotel experiences I have had. First of all....the staff were perfect in every way ---friendly, helpful, customer serice orientated. The room was ideal -- queen suite. All fixtures and furnishings were in the good repair. Renovations are complete but you will see some signs of use in the common areas in the halls/elevators. Lobby and dining area are modern, spacious and deliciously stocked. Food was very enjoyable.
Yes, I would recommend...yes, I would stay there again.
NOTE: Splash Lagoon is connected. Multiple hotels attach to this water park. It did not interfere with or enhance my stay.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about your children being close to the water park ... request it. If you are o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LaunatkPortRoyal
Smyrna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed at this Residence Inn twice. The latest time we stayed we had a room that had been renovated and was very well appointed. This is a great place to stay for one night or for several nights. Our children are grown but I am sure kids love splash lagoon that is attached to the hotel. There are good restaurants nearby. The breakfast in the lobby area had a wide variety of food with oatmeal that did not have to be cooked in the microwave.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, we were in a room far from the Splash Lagoon. It was near a door where the stair...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jo Ann L
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here two years ago when visiting Splash Lagoon, and returned this year to bring the kids to Splash Lagoon once again. I was very pleasantly surprised with the renovations - I remember thinking on our last visit that the hotel needed updating - and they have certainly come through!! The lobby looks awesome, and the rooms were very nicely decorated and updated. We had a one bedroom suite and I absolutely loved the little sectional sofa that is now in the room - fantastic! Room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was beyond friendly and incredibly helpful whenever we had a question or made a request. The only suggestion I have would benefit those taking advantage of Splash Lagoon - and that is to add some type of drying line or rack or have something available...we absolutely ran out of room to hang towels and bathing suits to dry!!

The breakfast buffet offers more than one can eat and was very delicious. The evening snacks were delightful as well. The hotel is close to the interstate, tons of restaurants and just a short drive to the mall.

We are very pleased with the new and improved Residence Inn and plan to be back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family