“Beautiful sushi”

Aoyama
Ranked #124 of 402 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
pnwtoc
“Beautiful sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Been twice. Beautiful sushi rolls. Large rolls too. Sort of expensive as most sushi places can be. Worth is for good sushi though. Nice atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013

Meadville, PA
“Good sushi in Erie! Who knew?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I go here quite a lot. I love their sushi. I usually order rolls-tuna, salmon and cucumber. Yummy! Nice and fresh, beautifully presented. My husband often gets some of the other dishes- noodles, teriyaki, etc.- and he has always been very satisfied. Really good salads, too. There is a regular dining area and a hibachi section. I am not a fan of hibachi, so we always go to the other part of the restaurant. However, the hibachi section is always full with people waiting so it must be good. It is loud and boisterous which can be annoying if you want a nice intimate meal in the dining room. Service is OK. Drinks are good.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“If you love adventure!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I seek out Japanese steakhouses when we travel and are usually impressed not only with the variety of food but the artful presentation. This restaurant is no exception -- fun manager who liked to chat briefly when he found my husband had been to Tokyo on business, lovely hibachi fired food and sushi with lovely mellow sake. Give it a try!

Visited June 2013
western NY
“was ok but really pricey.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

First of all we were not sure what to order. When we finally decided it took forever for it to come out. It was average tasting and hot. The price was totally out of the park for the quality. Decided not to return. But give it a whirl and write your review for others. Might have just been our particular experience.

Visited July 2012
Rome, Italy
“Good chow and a moderately fun 'show' in Erie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went back home for the weekend to a charity event and to celebrate my mom's 88th birthday. True to form, the Friday evening meal was at Aoyama. Who hasn't gone to a teppanyaki restaurant and had fun? It seems to me that they are all moderately-to-pretty good with a fun 'show' put on by your chef.

Aoyama is right in there in the great middle - nothing spectacular but more than sufficient. It seems to me that teppanyaki places are all pretty much the same and that they distinguish themselves in three areas: the salad dressing, the brown sauce (for seafood), and the yellow/white sauce (for beef). All three here are fine, as in adequate.

Face it, folks, you aren't getting a five star meal in Erie (my hometown) but this is a nice place to sit with your family and enjoy a decent meal with some good folks.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Aoyama? Share your experiences!