“Gorgeous View Great Bayfront Restaurant”

Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband booked us a 10th anniversary getaway and it was just perfect. Out bayfront room on the 8th floor was so picturesque! We were able to see the ice fisherman and enjoy the great view. We had dinner in the Bayfront Grille and it was beyond what I expected. The food was phenomenal and the waitress was so nice. She brought us a free dessert for our anniversary, how thoughtful! The hotel was full with a lot of kids for a hockey event I think, but the noise was not disruptive at all. I would MOST DEFINATELY return to this hotel, it is my new favorite hotel when I return to Erie. I can't wait to see it in the summer! Oh and the manager was fantastic at check out as well, OVERALL A PERFECT EXPERIENCE~

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DoctorMT
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I will certainly ensure they are shared with the entire team. It is thru comments like yours that we are able to further recognize both the individual as well as the team efforts of our associates and managers.

Happy Anniversary and best regards,

Chuck Collins

Reviewed March 7, 2011

i stayed at the sheraton erie bayfront only one cold night, but since i'd never been to erie, i wanted to stay on the lake, and specifically asked for a lake-view room. it was gorgeous, with the frozen lake providing the right mystery and scene for meditation and some deep thinking.

the front desk was courteous and welcoming, but the very young man there gave me some bad advice about where to dine. i particularly timed my time to eat with a concert i was attending, so his recommendation of the small lakefront spot across from the hotel seemed perfect. he added that it had the best seafood in town and that sealed the deal for me.

the only problem was that it was completely CLOSED, at 6:30 pm on a tuesday evening. it sure seems like the hotel staff should be more familiar with the hours of a place they so highly recommend.

nonetheless, the sheraton exceeded my expectations. i particularly loved the bed and the pillows, and have thought since then about changing all my pillows for more luxurious and soft ones like theirs.

my breakfast in the comfy dining room was very good, and the bar and lounge are extremely well-designed and provide ease and well-being.

i will definitely stay at the sheraton next time i am in erie.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I had a wonderful time at this hotel, it was CLEAN, QUIET, and in a great location near the hospital. The staff went above and beyond and the manager even drove me to the airport when the Taxi service was late. They did everything to make it an enjoyable experience, and I have already returned and stayed there again with the same great service!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2011

This was our 5th trip to Sheraton for an Anniversary weekend! I didn't think it could get better--but it did. The room with the water view are spacious and beautiful--and CLEAN! We usually go in summer--and the views are awesome. However we needed to get away from Winter in Pittsburgh--and we watched ice fishermen walk across the frozen lake--very cool! We sat in the lobby by the big firepalce and read books--and two different individuals asked if we would like some coffee. The girl at the front desk with beautiful long hair (can't rememebr her name) was so pleasent to us--and printed out directions to the Erie Playhouse--and the next day asked us about the play. The only complaint we had last time was that you had to pay extra for the parking garage--and you didn't have in and out priviledges-! Well they fixed that--the cost was only $11 and you now can use your room key to get in and out--plus they built an enclosure walkway--that leads right to the hotel lobby entrance. When I mentioned to Michael (K?)--he said that this was built because of suggestions from guests--they are very open to the opinions of guests..and I can see that has been the case on all of our visits. We also had a lovely breakfast buffet on Sunday morning--and the kitchen staff constatntly monitored the buffet to replinish--great teasting quiche--waffles! And crips bacon! The housekeeping staff were so friendly--and gave me extra body lotion that I wish you could buy--It is madarin and mint--smells awesome! The atmosphere is relaxing--yet you fill like you are staying in the lap of luxury--I can't say enough about this place--and it seems the people that work there out-do Disney for friendliness--and helpfulness--I am afraid to give such a great review--because I don't want them to be booked for our next visit--but this is the BEST HOTEL in Erie--and we have stayed at all of them--Go Sheraton!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2011

I stayed here one night in January because my daughter had a gymnastics meet at the adjacent convention center. The room was comfortable and clean and the staff were very nice. We enjoyed our stay. We checked out, reviewed the bill, and all was fine. HOWEVER, when we received our credit card statement in addition to the charges for our one night stay and meals, we were charged for the next night and for a stay a few nights later. When I called to inquire, the woman at the front desk apologized, but said she was unable to authorize the removal of charges, but she would have the front office manager call me back. I heard nothing by 4:30 PM and called back only to be told that the manager had left for the day, but that he would call me the next morning. I also left a voice mail on his machine. The next morning came and went with no phone call. I called back and spoke with a third person at the front desk who said the manager was off and there were no other managers who could assist me. She said that she would forward the problem to the hotel's accountant and have that person contact me. It's now the following day and I have heard nothing. The lack of responsiveness for their costly error is unacceptable. I have challenged the charges with our credit card company but we won't be coming back.

If you choose to stay here, check your credit card statement carefully on your return!

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank PittsburghScribe
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I would say, we travel to the Erie, Pittsburg and Cleveland area at least 4 times a year. This is the first time we stayed in the Erie Sheraton and I must say, we loved it! We travel with an infant and not all hotels are accommodating to that fact. The hotel is clean, very close to everything and the service is great! We checked in, got our keys within 5 minutes, no problem! The only issue I have is the $12 per day parking! What's with that. Common Sheraton, if you want us to keep using your hotels, you gotta stop nickel and diming! Otherwise, great hotel... We will come back to the area in the spring. Can't wait to see the area then - it must be beautiful!!!

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank FearlessNinja
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We were there Dec 11/12 and were blowen away by the hotel. The marina view is a million dollar view and the room was large, clean and tastefully decorated. Loved it and we will be making another weekend of it there in the summer. Staff was extremely courtious, the local people so helpful and the shopping was a bonus. Anoither bonus - NO SMOKING! We went to the Warf (right across from the hotel) for dinner as prices there were great, and so was the food. Large portions. We will be returning to this hotel in the summer so we can experience the paddle boat.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple