“Great view”

Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We picked this hotel after a friend recommended it. We were not disappointed. The view was very nice. The staff was very professional. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The only negative is the very small bathroom. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor for a nicer view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christismi
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Thanks for your recent visit to Erie and choosing the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed the view and found the staff to be very accomodating. We look forward to having you back in Erie soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel

Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed at Sheraton Erie Bayfront for a week and loved every second of my stay. I had a beautiful view of the bay, the food & drinks prepared in the restaurant and bar had a quality and sense of pride that I would typically expect only from a well known restaurant, and the staff was always kind, helpful and professional. I travel often for business and was surprised to feel right at home, as that is not a feeling one would typically associate with business travel. I'll be back in Erie this December and I look forward to staying at the Shareton Erie Bayfront once more.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank nmosesgo

Thanks for your recent stay with us and for leaving such a fantastic review about your experience at the hotel! I hope you will get the chance to visit Erie again and stay with us in the future!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

By far I was surprised. We went for a Wedding and the hotel was beautiful. Great Food, Bar, Customer Service outstanding from check in to check out. The Grill and Bar was good food and great service. The Banquet rooms and restroom Outstanding.. I am a very picky hotel traveler and I the cost was worth every dime. We had breakfast outside on the patio and the Lake view was wonderful. We wanted to spend another night and enjoy the Lake and Isle but didn't have time. Great for long weekend and Lake Erie. We stopped her from Niagara Falls. excellent and I can't say enough positive and happy about this!

Hotel Style below - have no idea what that means - it is great beds, starbuck coffee in room. Flat TV on bedroom wall - spacious. Loved it.

Room Tip: We had a room on 5th floor (like high) and view of Marine. We loved it and highly recommend. I kn...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brutus10Cincinnati

Thanks for your recent stay at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to use the Bayfront Grille for your breakfast experience. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

My wife and I spent only one night at the Bayfront, but I know we will plan a return visit. Upon early check-in, we were told that we had received a complimentary upgrade, which entitled us to breakfast and snacks during our stay. We had a large room with a panoramic view of the lake. The parking garage is conveniently adjacent to the Bayfront, and the hotel is located within walking distance to the observation tower, the maritime museum and two restaurants that were on my list at which to dine. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and how every time we crossed the lobby, we were greeted with a "Good afternoon" or "Good morning." Overall, I loved the Bayfront and will prefer to stay there when we travel that way again.

Room Tip: A view of the lake is nice. The concierge level is a nice feature.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank H

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the service and cleanliness to be exceptional. We hope to see you back in Erie again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

The lake side rooms look toward the bay. Nice view- you could just sit at the desk and watch the Harbour and Presque island. The Bicentennial Tower gives a nice add to the scene, especially at night when it is lightened up. For us, the hotel’s surrounding was ideal, as for our amateur fishing, between other activities. We would just go down, take the fishing rods from the car, go on the dock stay some time and- back to the room. Go out , come back and again down to the docks fishing. Fun for the kids. The location is scenic with the marine and the boats but also practical- close to the Bayfront PKWY- fast and convenient drive around. If you want to go downtown Erie- walking in just 15 minutes.

Room Tip: Higher floors, lake view
2  Thank john978

Thanks for your recent reveiw of the hotel. I am gald you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to do some fun fishing with the kids. We hope to see you at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel again in the near future!

Reviewed August 22, 2014

The Sheraton was more than I expected. The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful. The rooms were very clean and more than adequate. Room service staff friendly and delivered in a timely fashion. We had a room on the marina side and the view from our room was great, had 3year old grandson with us and he loved watching the boats. Would return and have recommended to friends.

1  Thank bean77

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel for your recent visit to Erie. I am pleased that you found the hotel very accomodating and the staff very helpful. We hope to see you in Erie again soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Booked this hotel as my son and I went down to see one of the bands playing at Celebrate Erie and thought it would be fun for my son. Hotel had a real nice clean look and feel to it when we got there and checked in, the fellow at the front desk had us checked in within minutes and off to the room. For King rooms, they were very small compared to other hotels I have been in. The view we had was to the inner harbour and was a very quiet sleep for the three nights we stayed. This is a newer hotel and I found that the A/C didn't really cool the room down as much as I would have liked even with the darkening shade down to keep the sunlight out during the day.

The bathroom was pretty small and I wondered how some of the "larger" people that come to stay manage the narrow stand up shower stall. The double doors fit nicely with the nautical theme, but do take up a good portion of the bathroom, and aren't exactly kid friendly with the lock at the top of the door to close them tightly. In keeping with the small theme, the pool is more of a wading pool being 3'4" deep from end to end and not very large for actual swimming, the hot tub/whirlpool is good for about 3 people max.

The low rise parking attached to the hotel isn't included in the $270+ price of the room with taxes, patrons are charged an extra $12 but there isn't anywhere else to park. It was nice to leave the car behind and walk to where we were going to see the band, but I could have stayed a little further away at a Hilton property and had free parking and breakfast.

The restaurant was nice to eat in and the food was pretty good, but as in any hotel restaurant, is very pricey so unless you have money to burn, be warned. Based on the fact that parking is extra I wouldn't stay here again if I was to return to the area for Celebrate Erie next time.

The only notice of "extra fees" is the following from Sheraton Erie Bayfront webpage "BASIC ROOM RATE DOES NOT INCLUDE ADDITIONAL PER ROOM, PER NIGHT CHARGES THAT MAY BE IMPOSED". So this could mean anything, just not a notice about parking charges. Maybe Sheraton could either add it to the website that they charge for parking, or think outside the box and include it in the price of the room as a business practice. Maybe they could considering not charging for parking, but that would just be silly to let people staying at the hotel park for free considering that the parking garage is also open to the general public visiting the area to also park there for hourly rates as well.

2  Thank ryeguy27

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of the hotel and your experiences. I will certainly share your information with my leadership staff so we can work on additional process and procedures to correct these issues moving forward. Thanks again for the great feedback and if you ever have the chance to visit Erie again, please let me know.