“Cant wait to return when its not snowing!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Cant wait to return when its not snowing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had to stay here when we got trapped in Erie. Boy were we glad that we got trapped! The front desk staff was very professional and welcoming. The rooms were spacious and had a great view of the lake even if it was frozen over. The parking lot is covered and gets no snow inside! The only thing we were disappointed in was the food selection at the lobby bar. There just werent enough choices. We really wanted a pizza or something heavier cause we were stranded and very hungry. They only had light fare and they could really step it up with some heavier food. But we are excited to return in the summer and in the fall when the leaves change!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike S
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your visit to the Sheraton Erie Bayfront and for taking the time to complete an online review. I appreciate your comments and suggestions and will use this information to make improvement to our operation in the future. We hope to see you in Erie again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Weymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is well decorated throughout, with good facilities including a gym and fitness centre. The Bayfront Grille (on site restaurant) is pricey but offers great quality food with stunning views.

My room was a classic king, overlooking the mariner and city. The room itself was well equipped, very spacious with a nice bathroom.

Service was very good and the hotel staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Doug_s10
Dan P, Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel and for completing a review for your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed the beautiful views from the hotel and you found your room to be nice. We hope to see you again in the future.
Plympton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed here while attending a wedding. The reception was at the hotel and the staff in charge of that did an excellent job. Everything went smoothly. It appeared as if the majority of the wedding guests were on the same floor which was very convenient so I don't think that other hotel guests were bothered by the late night revelry!
The staff at the front desk were all very pleasant and helpful both when we were checking in and at checkout. The room itself was very clean and quite large. We had a great view of the marina in front of the hotel. The bathroom was amazing! It was huge, spotless and the walk in shower had plenty of hot water and great water flow.
The only thing that bothered me was that there is an extra charge to park in the garage. Other than that it is a great, convenient place to stay if you happen to be in Erie.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan H
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to the Sheraton Erie Bayfront. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and the wedding event. I appreciate your comments. I hope to see you again in the future.
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights back in October. The hotel is in an excellent location, and our room was clean and very big. However, there were a few things that bothered me. First of all, I have never in my life seen such a small shower. I'm not exaggerating when I say that my feet had to be side by side with not a half inch to spare, I literally had to wash my hair with my elbows facing forward. There was a wedding going on one of the nights, so as you enter the lobby, there were a lot of people milling around and a lot of noise and people from the bar which is located right as you walk in, which isn't so easy to navigate through with an 8 month old and 1 1/2 year old. I was surprised at the parking situation. I would have thought that hotel guests would have gotten a pass, considering the cost of the room per night. All in all, considering this is Erie and not a larger city, I was a little surprised at the cost of the room plus parking. I would stay here again no problem if the price was lower and I was guaranteed a normal sized shower.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank xrayradtx
Thank you for completing a review for the Sheraton Erie Bayfront. I appreciate your comments and feedback. We will certainly use the information you provided about your stay in order to make improvements for future guests. We hope to see you in Erie again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

A perfect spot to just get away from it all. Love to stay at this hotel right on Lake Erie. It's relaxing, comfortable, and within walking distance to activities in Erie. The staff were all very accommodating and enjoyable Lounge. So many choices of restaurants (something for everyone) I didn't care for the fact that everyone had to pass through the lobby and be seen from the lounge to get to the gym and pool area. Most people didn't mind and enjoyed themselves. I slept like a baby...the beds are soooo comfortable and room so clean. I was surprised to see many people we knew and enjoyed catching up with them in the lounge. Looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Enjoyed every room...each time we've stayed. The rooms overlooking the bay are really the best...
Green Features: So glad the hotel is environmentally-friendly conscious.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wendella6266
Dan P, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to the Sheraton Erie Bayfront and taking the time to complete a review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotels amenities and had the oppurtunity to use our hotel restaurant. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Chicago Suburbs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Attractive and well furnished rooms. Lake front views face the Bay. Walking distance to downtown and a few restaurants. Maritime museum is next door and worth a walk to visit. Overpriced for the market, though it's the most upscale hotel in Erie.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ChicagoTraveler08
Thank you for your recent review of the Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel. I am glad you had the oppurtunity to stay at our hotel and am pleased that you enjoyed the fantastic view from your room of the Presque Isle Bay. We hope to see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

We have stayed at this property many times and this time it was only for one night as most of the Memorial Day Weekend was already booked solid.
We booked a city view room over the SPG site and upgraded to the AAA breakfast package. Very easy to do.
Upon arrival at about 2:30 pm on Friday, May 23rd we were greeted with a friendly smile and service by a young lady at the desk (sorry, forgot her name). Being gold members and having previously tweeted out to @SPG for consideration of an upgrade we were in fact upgraded from a city view to a higher level (room 702) Bay Front room.

The good:
I noticed a distinct improvement to attention of details from our previous stays. The room was very clean as usual and all of the the amenities such as the 2 robes hanging in the closet, neatness of the bedding, placement of items on the vanity & desk, 3 bottles of water left for us etc. caught my eye. Kudos to whoever prepared the room. If management reads this, please thank your staff member for a job well done.
We spent a good deal of time in the room as the weather was cloudy and very cool outside. We rented a movie on the TV (Jack Ryan) which was easy to charge to our room. $17 was a bit pricey but I'm sure the cable company mostly sets that price structure.
We also ordered room service. 2 bowls of ice cream for $20. Again a bit pricey but they did not skimp on serving size and had it to us in about 10 minutes. Very friendly service too. We've done this at many other SPG properties and they usually add in a complementary cookie or pastry. Management here might want to consider that as well. Details and extras make a good impression for little cost to the property.

Breakfast at the Bayfront Grilll was excellent and the waitress was very friendly and attentive. Kudos again! This AAA breakfast for two upgrade is well worth the $20 upgrade. Their American Breakfast is one of the best we have had at ANY restaurant. Free refills of coffee and OJ and they even offer to prepare a to-go cup of coffee. Details, details. Nice touch!

The not so good:
Not much. My only comment here is that management should reconsider not allowing SPG Gold members access to the club lounge on the 8th floor. Two years ago (but not our last stay in October) we were given elevator key card access so this policy must be relatively new. Most other SPG properties that we have stayed in have club lounge privileges for Gold members. Please reconsider this policy as it goes a long way toward brand loyalty.
Also, as stated in a previous review, the very large desk in the rooms are too big for the room and make close access to the windows impossible. Consider a different set-up when it's time to remodel.

All in all, a very nice stay. Thanks Sheraton & @SPG.

Room Tip: High floor at the end of hallways.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank N3YND
Thank you for your positive review of the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the service, cleanliness and had the oppurtunity to dine in the Bayfront Grille. I appreciate your feedback and I hope we see you at the hotel again in the near future.