“Beautiful hotel with beautiful views. Great value!!”

Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful hotel with beautiful views. Great value!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This hotel was absolutely amazing. I loved everything about it and I can not think of one bad thing to say about it. We stayed in the king lake view room and it was beautiful. The room was tastefully decorated and was spotlessly clean. The bed was so comfortable it was like sleeping on a pillow. The view of lake Erie was spectacular! We will defenately be returning to this hotel. It was my boyfriend and I favorite hotel that we have stayed at together. absolutely loved the hotel.

Room Tip: The lake view room is worth the extra $10
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank victoriaxx2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 26, 2011

The hotel is new and has nice views of the lake - even though it was frozen at the time. No complaints about the room. However, the front desk clerk was a complete jerk. Michael something or other. Rude and snooty.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank SharonPE
Orange, California
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I travel all over the U.S., and spend approximately $5000 a month in travel , food and taking clients to lunch and dinner. I have eaten at EVERY restaurant chain and every gourmet restaurant in every major city. The food at the hotel Bayfront Grill was the BEST meal I have ever had, anywhere. The hotel is new, so its a great stay, and the staff was wonderful (as expected), but the dinner meal I had in the hotel restaurant was a pleasant surprize. Try the cucumber salad, followed by the grilled swordfish....it was extraordinary, fresh, cooked perfectly, a large portion with a beautiful presentation. I will eat there next time I am in Erie. Loved the hotel also, but the food was a pleasant surprize...

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank OCTodd
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I'm originally from Erie and we've stayed in several different hotels over the years when going back home for holidays, my class reunions, etc. But after the Sheraton was built and we stayed there the first time we came to the conclusion that we'd never want to book another Erie hotel. The Sheraton is a beautiful property, and the views -- of Presque Isle Bay on one side and a marina and downtown Erie on the other -- are wonderful.

Though I'd booked a marina room for this last stay, our fourth, we were given a room on the bay side. That was perfect for me since we were returning to Erie because of my dad's unexpected death. Looking out on the bay provided me with a much needed calming effect in the days surrounding the funeral.

On our previous stays, we paid $89-$110 per night, but on this occasion the best rate I could find was $157 (ouch!) and we had to stay four nights. When booking the room, I hadn't thought to ask about a bereavement rate, but on our third day at the hotel I Googled and learned that many Sheratons do offer them. I was very glad to see that, since our charge would be a fairly large one that we hadn't budgeted for.

So, I approached the hotel manager and explained the situation. His face quickly tightened, and when I finished speaking he didn't pause for a second before telling me that there was nothing he could do to help. The explanation he gave was that the hotel was less than three years old and hadn't yet instituted any kind of bereavement rate program.

That seemed like utter nonsense to me. Hotels have an array of discount codes at their disposal and he could easily have knocked 10 percent off our bill, or have offered to comp our parking (a very steep $12 per night) or one of the meals we had eaten at the hotel restaurant.

Undeterred, I called Sheraton's toll-free number. The woman I spoke with seemed very willing to help and put me on hold for several minutes. When she came back, she explained that she had had to call the same hotel manager I had just spoken to. He also refused to budge for her.

However, when I saw the manager in the hotel lobby a bit later, he called me over and told me that he would indeed waive the parking charge. I was very grateful, even though I felt he was giving me that news with a heavy amount of attitude. I thanked him in a way that tried to convey how appreciative I was, and told him it was our fourth stay at the Sheraton and that we wouldn't think of staying at another Erie hotel. All he said in response was a dismissive "Uh huh."

While the experience left a sour taste in my mouth, we do indeed plan to return to the Erie Sheraton again and again. It is definitely not a generic, cookie-cutter hotel but the kind of place that provides a very memorable stay each time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CrazyCrunch
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We were traveling with a small dog. The check in/out --very easy. The staff is very professional and hospitable. Our room was very clean and modern. We loved our view of Lake Erie. The weather was quite cold, and the walk to the parking garage was cold since you have to walk out and around to get to the parking garage. We were not aware of any other parking spots. There's a nice restaurant on the backside of the parking garage called The Cove.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding the professionalism and service of our staff. We will certainly share them with the team. I hope you have the opportunity to visit the hotel this spring or summer when you will be able to enjoy all that Erie has to offer.

Best regards,

Chuck Collins
US
Reviewed March 9, 2011

A beautiful hotel -very modern and right on the water- many of the rooms and the restaurant have beautiful water views. The rooms are modern and very nicely decorated and squeaky clean. Sheraton has done a great job with this hotel and it has a lot of nice features. The staff are polite and very helpful .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Vienna, Ohio
Reviewed March 8, 2011

My husband booked us a 10th anniversary getaway and it was just perfect. Out bayfront room on the 8th floor was so picturesque! We were able to see the ice fisherman and enjoy the great view. We had dinner in the Bayfront Grille and it was beyond what I expected. The food was phenomenal and the waitress was so nice. She brought us a free dessert for our anniversary, how thoughtful! The hotel was full with a lot of kids for a hockey event I think, but the noise was not disruptive at all. I would MOST DEFINATELY return to this hotel, it is my new favorite hotel when I return to Erie. I can't wait to see it in the summer! Oh and the manager was fantastic at check out as well, OVERALL A PERFECT EXPERIENCE~

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DoctorMT
HotelGMErie, General Manager at Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I will certainly ensure they are shared with the entire team. It is thru comments like yours that we are able to further recognize both the individual as well as the team efforts of our associates and managers.

Happy Anniversary and best regards,