“coffee shop”
Review of Javateas

Javateas
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Ephrata
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great place to meet a friend to talk and catch up on life events. They have nice sandwiches, salads, and coffee drinks or tea. It is also a place to just have a coffee and pastry. It is small so at the busy lunch hour you might have to wait a bit to be seated. They also have special music on some weekend nights.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

They only have one person working some mornings, very slow. Product not that good either - not for the money anyway

2  Thank Pepperdog24
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Coffee is good but food is mediocre. Ordered a pastry with my coffee and it was not fresh. Staff is not over friendly.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

nice atmosphere and great staff.the food and the coffee is great.a good place to go and relax.several different types of coffee and drinks that you can get there.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My kids wanted to try this spot-given my previous experiences w/it, I tried to dissuade them w/out any luck. They advertise their crepes as a specialty item in their menu & online for every Friday, Saturday & Sunday. It was Saturday, there was a board up with the various types of crepes-we placed our order-the girl at the register states "we are out of crepes". I said "huh?" She repeated her statement. I said-"do you mean you have to make them?" Her answer? "No-we just don't have the stuff to make them." Wait-I have the stuff to make crepes in my own kitchen-& believe me, I'm no chef. If your advertised specialty on "weekends" is various types of crepes-wouldn't you try to ensure that you have them? Or perhaps take the little board away from the register??? There are 2 supermarkets across the street-go get the ingredients! So I go back to my family, they all choose something else. We had initially placed all of our beverages at the register-all grouped together. I also ordered a green tea latte. Our orders came out to us. (You have to get your own napkins, etc from the front of the shop. I looked in my sandwich-there was only lettuce on ONE SIDE of the sandwich. The tomato was mushy, & the bacon not really cooked. I went up to the counter, & asked for some lettuce for the 1/2 of my sandwich. The same girl at the register said "sure". No apology-nothing. She hands me some wilted romaine in a cup. I then realize that I had never gotten my green tea latte. So-I go to the counter-to the same girl-& say "hi-I ordered-& paid for-a green tea latte-" her response? A spacey laugh & "oh! THAT'S what that was!" followed by another spacey laugh. "I'll go make it." Great. The long awaited green tea latte was ok. Food was mediocre at best, service was atrocious. Once again-Javateas managed to be beyond underwhelming. Cheap bottled spring water as their only plain water option. Last time that I gave this place a chance-whoever was making the sandwiches was not aware of the sandwich descriptions on the menu, & when I asked what was in one of their specialty coffee drinks-one of the described ingredients was "powder". "Powder?" I asked-"what kind of powder?" "I don't really know" was the 'barista's reply. The freezer burned gelato during that trip was disgusting. I have truly had it with this place. I only gave it 2 stars because it is a cute place-& the attempt at an atmosphere deserves more than a 1. The planned menu has good intentions, but the inept staff cannot execute, & they are consistent about not being able to execute it. A huge disappointment-again. Judging from similar reviews-I see the owner has no one to monitor feedback-or just doesn't seem to care-my guess would be the latter.

1  Thank trvlerz