“Consistently good, never leave hungry”
Review of V & S Sandwiches

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
V & S Sandwiches
Ranked #51 of 76 Restaurants in Ephrata
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Soups
Chambersburg
“Consistently good, never leave hungry”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I live almost 100 miles from this place. but stop every time I'm in the area. I grew up with V&S and it is so good to see them back in Ephrata. The cheesesteak specials are just the way they have always been. So are the italian sandwiches and the ham on rolls. And be extra hungry if you order fries, or prepare to share.
The owner is a great guy who remembers and appreciates his customers. He makes sure you get your money's worth. The only problem is deciding which item to feast upon. Here is a tip - take extra cheesesteak specials home and pop them in the m/w the next day. They taste like you just got them.
If you want a taste of the vintage sandwich shop fare, you must try this place again and again.

• Visited March 2011

talulablues93
“was great outta the gate...”
Reviewed March 15, 2009

This sandwich shop was GREAT when it opened a few years ago. They had good prices, nice sized portions, the ingredients were fresh and well put together, and the customer service was wonderful.
Now... after one too many bad experiences, I avoid this place at all costs. My advice to you? If you are calling in an order, make sure you repeat it at LEAST 3 to 4 times, or who knows what you'll get. Also, check your order before you leave. I made the mistake of not checking untill I got home, and when I called, all I got was attitude and no effort was made to fix THEIR mistake. If you order a cheese steak, and they ask you if you want mushrooms, onions and peppers.... be FOREWARNED the peppers are HOT PEPPERS! This is the only sandwich shop that I know of in town that when you ask for peppers on your chzsteak, they give you hot instead of green.... and at least they're consistant, when I called and asked if I could get another sandwich, the OWNER told me no, I should have known they were hot.

Really, this place used to be a great addition to this town, but recently, in quality and service, it has really taken a nose dive. Save yourself a bad experience and go down the street to Chris's New York Pizzaria, or to Bella Lunas. You'll get your money's worth and it GOOD FOOD.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great California cheesesteak. Good fries also.”
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Great California cheesesteak. Good fries also.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook