Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Winter Haven, Florida
“Robert H”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years, but this one pleases us the most. The staff is considerate and friendly. They seem to love their jobs and genuinely want to make your stay enjoyable without being intrusive. The room was large, clean and excellent. The window view from the back is wonderful overlooking the town and countryside. The front view less inspiring looking over the parking lot. The breakfast is complete and very nice. We've been there three times and plan to return on our next Pennsylvania trip (We live in Florida). We've never written one of these reviews before, but we were so pleased at our recent visit that we asked the front desk where we might leave a positive comment.

Room Tip: The back rooms have the better view.
Green Features: You can have new towels, etc. daily, or use them over if you choose.
1 Thank Robert H
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
First of all, we are honored to be your first TripAdvisor review! Thank you for your kind words. Our Team Members really do love their jobs, and I am glad you noticed. We love the view of the valley from our west-side rooms as well; it is so pretty no matter the season. I am glad you are a regular Guest and we look forward to your next stay on your way back from Florida!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sumter, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

In all my years, I've never stayed with a friendlier hotel with such excellence. The staff for every shift continually offered their assistance to ensure we were comfortable. The location is good because it's quiet.

1 Thank Terry J
In all our years, we will never tire of hearing kind words like yours. Thank you so much for sharing your short & sweet review here on TripAdvisor - your words will be shared with our Team in our hotel newsletter! We hope you will vsiit us again soon.
Royal Oak, MI, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I brought a group of 46 to stay in the Hampton Inn and Suites, Ephrata, PA. Everything was clean and bright. They had updated their complimentary breakfast and offered a wide variety of items. All staff were very helpful. If you stay here, go to the Ephrata Cloisters. Very interesting. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Dianne D
We were pleased to host your group, and appreciate the kind words about our breakfast and staff. The Ephrata Cloister is defintiely a must-see for history buffs - one of America's oldest religious communities founded in 1732, it is a National Historic Landmark and we are so happy it's less than a mile up the road. I am glad you enjoyed it, and we hope to host your group again next year!
LANSDOWNE, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would recommend this hotel. It's clean, safe and quiet. Even with the hotel full of families with children, you won't hear them. Customer service from the staff is great. They're polite and welcoming to all their guest. Although the parking lot is a bit dark in some areas, you feel safe. Breakfast was a bit disappointing, but that only because I came down late, I was glad because it wasn't as crowded but I had to ask for something to drink from the staff cleaning the area. Other than that I was extremely happy staying at this hampton inn. Highly recommend this hotel. Any one staying here would be extremely satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Janet T
We love that you love us - thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry that you missed breakfast - we serve until 10am every day, and we do have "On the Run" bags available even after breakfast if you miss it next time. We did replace some lights in the parking area so it's well lit again; I am glad you still felt safe in our lovely little town of Ephrata, and we hope to see you again soon.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a very nice hotel--great staff, very nicely appointed rooms, and even a decent breakfast with GOOD coffee available all times of day. I arrived in the middle of the night and was greeted by a very cheery young woman. Desk staff the following day was most helpful without intrusion. Such a civilized hotel experience! Pool was small but very nicely kept. The grounds are lovely. My room was quiet, cool and welcoming. Beds are comfortable. Everything good to say about this experience. I'll be returning. Hilton brands redeems itself for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west on an upper floor for a panoramic view of beautiful Lancaster county.
2 Thank J T
Thank you for your kind review! We like being called "most civilized" - it makes us feel quite proper :) Thank you for covering all of the bases in your kind review. I am very proud of our Team for making your experience a plesant one, and we hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Two nights earlier (if you read any of my other hotel reviews) I had stayed at a Hampton Inn in Wake Forest/N. Raleigh NC which I decided might be the friendliest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. (I am now officially a Hampton Inn kind of guy - think this is my 6th or 7th along with a multitude of other Hilton properties.) If the previous Hampton was the friendliest, this is perhaps the hardest working Hampton I have encountered and as a result are visibly successful in all they do as witnessed by all the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor. They advertise that they are an award winning hotel in multiple ways (when they answer the phone and in displays around the hotel) AND they live up to every award they have recently won.

We were welcomed warmly by Wilma at the front desk who also was very helpful with directions and recommending sights to see close by. Shortly after getting to our room we received a call from the front desk to check that all was satisfactory (and it was - clean and comfortable.) The hotel has a great location up on a hill overlooking the valley (so definitely ask for a room with a view). The coffee bar was always fresh and hot. In the evening there were electric candles on the tables in the dining area which was large and spacious. There was a great employee award wall which gave details on many of their employees and how they had gone above and beyond for guests. And it was fun to see the care a a new trainee (perhaps still in high school) was given as he was mentored and shown the ropes. This is a hotel where there are enough visible staff present to take care of all the guests needs. As a result it was an excellent stay – perhaps my best Hampton experience yet!

Room Tip: Ask for a view room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thewilsonswanderings
I am about to bust with pride after reading your review - thank you so much for all of your praise! It means a lot coming from a seasoned traveler like yourself. We are proud of our award-winning status and recently celebrated our 7th "Lighthouse" Award from Hilton Worldwide for being in the Top 5% of the entire Brand. I am glad that our Team showed that we 'walk our talk" every day!

Willma will receive special recognition from being mentioned in your review - we are certainly blessed to have her on our Team. Thank you so much for noticing the love we have for our hotel, our jobs and our Guests. We are honored to be your best Hampton experience yet and look forward to having you as our Guest again!
Reviewed June 16, 2013

From the moment we arrived, to the moment we checked out, our experience was amazing.
The hotel is very very clean.This is important to me.
I thought breakfast was lovely, and always well stocked, even after a large group.the breakfast hostess was also very friendly.
I want to mention two people by name; Willma and Derek from the front desk.
Derek went out of his way, while on his break, to find us wine glasses. But he also was very accommodating locating addresses for restaurants, and little things like that.
Willma, was very in gracious when I made a special request.
I don't know when we received such courtesy at any other hotel we have stayed at.
I hope we get the chance to come back.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank sheryndan
We love the word "outstanding" - as a matter of fact, we just received our 15th "Outstanding" Inspection score from Hilton Worldwide! I am happy that you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. Thank you for recognizing Willma and Derek - we are certainly blessed to have them on our Team. We just started a recognition program and they will each receive a lottery ticket, as well as a raffle ticket to win a prize at the end of the month!

Thanks again for your kind words. We hope you get the chance to come back too.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#5 of 39 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs? Share your experiences!