“Love this place”

GreenLeadersBronze level
LANSDOWNE, United States
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I would recommend this hotel. It's clean, safe and quiet. Even with the hotel full of families with children, you won't hear them. Customer service from the staff is great. They're polite and welcoming to all their guest. Although the parking lot is a bit dark in some areas, you feel safe. Breakfast was a bit disappointing, but that only because I came down late, I was glad because it wasn't as crowded but I had to ask for something to drink from the staff cleaning the area. Other than that I was extremely happy staying at this hampton inn. Highly recommend this hotel. Any one staying here would be extremely satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Janet T
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
We love that you love us - thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry that you missed breakfast - we serve until 10am every day, and we do have "On the Run" bags available even after breakfast if you miss it next time. We did replace some lights in the parking area so it's well lit again; I am glad you still felt safe in our lovely little town of Ephrata, and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a very nice hotel--great staff, very nicely appointed rooms, and even a decent breakfast with GOOD coffee available all times of day. I arrived in the middle of the night and was greeted by a very cheery young woman. Desk staff the following day was most helpful without intrusion. Such a civilized hotel experience! Pool was small but very nicely kept. The grounds are lovely. My room was quiet, cool and welcoming. Beds are comfortable. Everything good to say about this experience. I'll be returning. Hilton brands redeems itself for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west on an upper floor for a panoramic view of beautiful Lancaster county.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank J T
Thank you for your kind review! We like being called "most civilized" - it makes us feel quite proper :) Thank you for covering all of the bases in your kind review. I am very proud of our Team for making your experience a plesant one, and we hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Two nights earlier (if you read any of my other hotel reviews) I had stayed at a Hampton Inn in Wake Forest/N. Raleigh NC which I decided might be the friendliest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. (I am now officially a Hampton Inn kind of guy - think this is my 6th or 7th along with a multitude of other Hilton properties.) If the previous Hampton was the friendliest, this is perhaps the hardest working Hampton I have encountered and as a result are visibly successful in all they do as witnessed by all the positive reviews here on Tripadvisor. They advertise that they are an award winning hotel in multiple ways (when they answer the phone and in displays around the hotel) AND they live up to every award they have recently won.

We were welcomed warmly by Wilma at the front desk who also was very helpful with directions and recommending sights to see close by. Shortly after getting to our room we received a call from the front desk to check that all was satisfactory (and it was - clean and comfortable.) The hotel has a great location up on a hill overlooking the valley (so definitely ask for a room with a view). The coffee bar was always fresh and hot. In the evening there were electric candles on the tables in the dining area which was large and spacious. There was a great employee award wall which gave details on many of their employees and how they had gone above and beyond for guests. And it was fun to see the care a a new trainee (perhaps still in high school) was given as he was mentored and shown the ropes. This is a hotel where there are enough visible staff present to take care of all the guests needs. As a result it was an excellent stay – perhaps my best Hampton experience yet!

Room Tip: Ask for a view room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thewilsonswanderings
I am about to bust with pride after reading your review - thank you so much for all of your praise! It means a lot coming from a seasoned traveler like yourself. We are proud of our award-winning status and recently celebrated our 7th "Lighthouse" Award from Hilton Worldwide for being in the Top 5% of the entire Brand. I am glad that our Team showed that we 'walk our talk" every day!

Willma will receive special recognition from being mentioned in your review - we are certainly blessed to have her on our Team. Thank you so much for noticing the love we have for our hotel, our jobs and our Guests. We are honored to be your best Hampton experience yet and look forward to having you as our Guest again!
Reviewed June 16, 2013

From the moment we arrived, to the moment we checked out, our experience was amazing.
The hotel is very very clean.This is important to me.
I thought breakfast was lovely, and always well stocked, even after a large group.the breakfast hostess was also very friendly.
I want to mention two people by name; Willma and Derek from the front desk.
Derek went out of his way, while on his break, to find us wine glasses. But he also was very accommodating locating addresses for restaurants, and little things like that.
Willma, was very in gracious when I made a special request.
I don't know when we received such courtesy at any other hotel we have stayed at.
I hope we get the chance to come back.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank sheryndan
We love the word "outstanding" - as a matter of fact, we just received our 15th "Outstanding" Inspection score from Hilton Worldwide! I am happy that you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. Thank you for recognizing Willma and Derek - we are certainly blessed to have them on our Team. We just started a recognition program and they will each receive a lottery ticket, as well as a raffle ticket to win a prize at the end of the month!

Thanks again for your kind words. We hope you get the chance to come back too.
Alamogordo, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Ephrata, PA many times (twice a year for the past 4 years) and our experience is always the same. The staff makes us feel like one of the family who are there for a family visit. We have stayed at other Hampton Inns and none come close to the experience we have at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Ephrata, PA. I would give this hotel a A++++++ rating. In my heart, I feel you will have the same outstanding experience we always have! Thank you Hampton Inn and Suites, in Ephrata, PA, for the unending memories!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Rita W
Rita, we think YOU are one in a million as well. And by now, you ARE part of our Hampton family. Thanks for the A++++++ report card - you make us smile. See you at Christmas for more Hampton memories! - Diana
Seymour, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels all over the US and Canada and I have never run into anybody that is more genuinely friendly and ready to help than Derek. The Hotel is clean well appointed very comfortable. Just real nice and friendly.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ron B
Thank you so much for your kind words about Derek. We are certainly blessed to have him on our Team. He reecntly graduated college with a degree in Hotel Management, and I believe he chose the right career path! He received a lottery ticket and a chance to win our monthly drawing for a $50 gas card because of your personal comments. Thank you for taking the time to recognize one of our service super stars - we are proud of him!
Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a great king room with handicap accessible because that what they had left. We enjoyed the customer service and also the breakfast was plentiful enough for us. Very nice and clean motel. Would definitely go back to this motel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank theKnottravelers
All of our standard king accessible rooms have a great view; I am glad you got to experience that! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
Comfort Inn of Lancaster County North
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Lancaster
Hampton Inn Lancaster
#6 of 39 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lancaster (Amish Country)
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs? Share your experiences!