“Great hotel near lots of sites.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ephrata
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Sometimes booking hotels in Lancaster PA can be tough -- too crowded, too expensive, no vacancy. We stayed in Ephrata -- a hop, skip, and a jump from there and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

1  Thank G2inParadise
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

We appreciate you sharing our "best kept secret" - that our quiet location north of Lancaster is the perfect choice when you want to enjoy the area's attractions without being in the middle of the crowds! We're just a few miles from Amish farmlands, outlets and antique shopping as well as Sight & Sound Theaters. Thank you for being our Guest, and we hope you'll come back soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2011

My family and I have stayed in many hotels over the past few years because we enjoy traveling. We always stay at a Hilton property because we know we will be given great service and the Hampton Inn was no exception. They have a wonderful staff who was very helpful and kind, The rooms were very clean and comfortable I love the duvet it was so comfy and cozy. My niece really loved the view of downtown Ephrata from our room and my family really loved the breakfast. It was awesome and so was the hostess she was wonderful!!!! This was the best Hampton we have ever stayed in !!!! Thanks for the great service !

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Meam172000

Thank you for being loyal to the Hilton Family of hotels! We hope that you consider joining our Hilton HHonors program, which is a FREE program that lets you earn points and miles with every stay! I appreciate your kind words and will share them with my Team - and especially with the breakfast hostess - she will receive special recognition for your compliments. Our Cloud 9 bedding is certainly comfy and cozy, adn we hope you'll be back to enjoy it again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

i had the best stay here for my wedding. everyone was so helpful and the breakfast with a warm fresh waffle was amazing. be able to get coffee at any time is wonderful. they gave me a sewing kit when i needed to pin a dress. every question i asked was answered and the staff was so polite and helpful. they gave my niece pictures to color .during breakfast to keep them busy so i could finish eating. then provided everyone mints i highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AngelaReinhart

First, congratulations on your wedding, and thank you for choosing our hotel for the happy occasion! I appreciate your kind words and will share them with my Team - they will appreciate the recognition of a job well done. I am happy you enjoyed our make-your-own waffles (they're everyone's favorite!) Thanks for staying with us and best wishes for many years of health & happiness as a married couple!

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I love the Hampton Inns and this one was great BUT the reason I chose to come here was because they had a room with a king bed. When I got there that bed no longer existed. We got 2 queens instead which worked out fine but if I'm spending $130 and I make a reservation shouldn't I get the freaking king bed I so dreamed of?! asked what the point of a reservation was and all I got was a shrug. Anyhow it's a nice place. Lol!

• Stayed: August 2011
dianabernardo, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

I first want to thank you for your compliments in spite of an apparent snafu with your reservation. Our policy is to honor all reservations as booked; however, sometimes a "request" is indicated for a certain room, and we are not always able to honor requests since our hotel is sold out almost every night.

If your reservation was indeed MADE for a king bed, and you did not receive the bed type you reserved, you should have been offered our 100% Guarantee, which states if you are not satisfied then we don't expect you to pay. We take great pride in satisfying every Guest, every time, and it appears I may have a training opportunity if your question about the reservation was met with a shrug. I have some new Team Members and they should be able to answer you in a manner that satisfies your question. For this I also apologize.

I welcome all feedback, and yours will be used as an example in my upcoming front desk meeting. If you would like to contact me at ---------, I will delve into this further, and as a token of my apologies, I will be happy to credit your stay if your reserved room type was not the one you were given. If you are in the area again, I hope you will give us a chance to restore your faith in our hotel and our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Ephrata Hampton in August of 2011 for one night. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel is walking distance to all of downtown Ephrata. Not that there is much in downtown Ephrata, but that is part of the charm. Downtown is clean, nicely streetscaped and pleasantly quiet. We walked to Lily's for dinner, which was outstanding. Great food and service in a pleasant setting. Our hotel room was a king study, which was spacious and offered a nice hilltop view of the downtown and surrounding countryside. Everything in the room was spotless and worked properly. The hotel staff may be the most engaging and helpful that we have encountered anywhere, and we travel quite a bit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ctwinds

Thank you so much for your kind words! I especially appreciate your compliments about our Team; I am very proud of them for delivering exceptional service.

Many Guests enjoy the downtown area; be sure and visit Greco's ice cream in the summer (all homemade) or Sheldon's (a little further up the street) which has an amazing array of unique gift items and Christmas store. Lily's on Main is one of my personal favorites - make sure you try their Raspberry Chicken next time you come; it's amazing! I am glad you enjoyed the view from your room as well - it's great all year long.

I appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon on your next visit to PA Dutch Country!

Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were very happy with our stay at this hotel. The cleanliness of the hotel is the most important to me since we have 3 kids, ages 2 to 9. This hotel was very clean. The nicest feature is that they have crisp clean white duvets for the beds that are changed with each guest stay. The bathrooms are also spotless.
We also enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning which included scrambled eggs with ham, french toast sticks, make your own waffles, toast, cereal, fruit, etc. Each of our kids found something that they liked. The attendant for the breakfast area was there to hand out coloring pages and crayons to the kids and was very helpful. They also have a coffee bar available all day.
Every staff member from the front desk to the maid were so friendly. When we arrived, and my son needed milk for his bottle, the person at the front desk went in back and filled it for us....so nice.
We visited Amish farms (about 5-10 minutes away) and also Hershey Park (40 minutes away). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Mouseturtle, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your awesome review. I am so happy that my Team delivered the experience we want our Guests to have when visiting Ephrata - "clean" and "friendly" are the two best compliments! I may be biased but I also think our breakfast is the BEST - and the hot items rotate every day, so there's a nice variety. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that my staff was able to assist you with your needs. It makes me very proud.

If you return next season, be sure to ask about Hersheypark packages which we will start offering in 2012! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We (my extended family - parents, sisters' family, and mine) love to go back to this hotel, visit after visit. They have the set the bar for us in our expectations of all hotels. The manager, Diana, and her staff are absolutely incredible. I have traveled to hotels that were twice the price, if not more, and the service and attention we receive at this Hampton Inn can't be beat.

This past trip was our first since finding out my daughter has a wheat allergy. We packed some gluten-free items for her so that she would not be disappointed with her breakfast options. Well, no need. On Saturday morning, Sheri in the breakfast area, saw our gluten-free muffins and struck up a conversation with my daughter telling her how good they looked. Then she told her that they keep have gluten-free cereal for people who need it and brought it over. My daughter felt like a queen, but honestly, it is that kind of attention to their guests that we really have come to expect and LOVE about this hotel. Everyone we come into contact with seems to genuinely care about the guests.

Another perfect stay and we are looking forward to the next.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for a lovely review! I am glad we are your hotel of choice again and again when staying in Ephrata! I am truly blessed with a great staff that makes sure our Guests feel like family. And because members of my own family have Celiac I realize how hard it is to travel and eat right - so we do keep some items on hand. You can even call ahead before you come next time and we will have a greater selection of gluten free items. Sheri will receive a giftcard for being mentioned in this review - thank you for the kind words, we can't wait to have you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Best Western Plus Intercourse Village Inn & Suites
#5 of 40 in Lancaster
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs? Share your experiences!