“A true local diner”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Little Rock
“A true local diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Local Amish run restaurant. Food and service were very good. Outdated interior was very clean and nostalgic. You get the feeling the place hasn't changed in many years. Prices very reasonable.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very hospitable owner and a true local place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

The owner is a sweetheart and her homemade corn pie and waffles are great! My husband never misses the waffles. Order traditional meat and potatos, PA Dutch and you will be fine. The desserts are always a treat too. Ask the owner what is homemade. It is not a secret. She comes to every table and she is like the Grandma everyone wants. I would not skip this place. It is an American local diner. No frills just homey. People from Philly were in front of us and we laughed because he got the PB cake. Everyone has always been friendly and I enjoy the atmosphere because the people throw you back to times when men still stepped aside and opened doors for women.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Blogtraveler
Sinking Spring, PA
“The food was out of a box....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband, daughter and I decided to eat here on our trip to the Eprata Cloister. The location of the restaurant looked good.

Not only was the restaurant dark and out of date, the food was awful. The service was bad, too.

I ordered the breaded fillet of haddock. It literally arrived SQUARE like something one might get in a fish sandwich at a fast food place.

My husband had the roast pork with mashed potatoes. The potatoes were obviously from a box and the gravy from a jar. He said the pork tasted like a frozen dinner.

In hindsight, we should have eaten at a local fast food chain. At least, we would have known what to expect. This was immensely disappointing. Do yourself a favor and eat somewhere else.

I wish I could give it a rating of zero instead of one.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank jr4div2
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great service & not expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

We've been here twice. Food was good & with 8 people we only spent around $50. It's located right accross from the Ephrata Cloister. We had two friendly waitresses. More of a local restaurant.

• Visited April 2011