“Our first B&B it was WONDERFUL!”

1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 8 Ephrata B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Long Island, NY
“Our first B&B it was WONDERFUL!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed in the cottage, it was romantic and so relaxing. Steve and Wendy were very helpful in steering us in the right direction for dinner and shopping (lovely people.) Beautiful B&B, beautiful area and we are so happy we choose this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have not stayed at a B&B for years. But, we found the 1777 Americana Inn and decided to plan a weekend. We can't say enough about this B&B! The innkeepers are very accommodating, while respecting your privacy; the grounds are immaculate; our cottage, the Rustic Hideaway, was very quaint, cozy, and impeccably decorated; and the hot tub was a real treat. Unfortunately, an emergency at home cut our stay short a night, but Steve was nice enough to extend a credit to us--a gesture unheard of in the hospitality industry. It is evident Steve and Wendy truly enjoy their role as innkeepers by their attention to detail and focus on customer service. We can't wait to visit again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We don't have a lot of experience with B/Bs, having previously preferred the anonymity of a bigger hotel. But we're transitioning into smaller places, and fairly randomly picked the 1777 Americana Inn in an area not short on charming inns.

Good choice.

Google map pictures are good, they do the front of the inn justice, but the entrance through the garden was enchanting. Our host Steve greeted us, and showed us around the common spaces, while answering my questions about the house itself. The 1777 refers to the date of construction of the house, which in itself is fascinating. Steve indicated that the interiors have been renovated since then, pointing out, for instance, that the slate flooring was from 1901. The interior, redone with taste, elegance and a little whimsy by Wendy in the last 3 years, is just beautiful. Sprinkled throughout with sweet examples of handpainted Pennsylvannia Dutch furnture, it's warm and inviting. Upstairs is an impressive collection of hooked rugs decorating the landing. There were four bedrooms on the second floor. We were in Traveller's Nook, a small-ish bedroom on the back of the house. Very, very comfortable, and fully rooted in the 21st century. Our room came complete with remotes for temperature and fan, and a mini-tablet connected to the wifi with TV listings available. Wendy and Steve thought of everything...each room also had bathrobes, ice buckets and a corkscrew! The bed was so very comfortable, and the bathroom small, but perfectly appointed. We also peeked into two other rooms, Garden Window with its graceful four-poster bed, and the scrumptuous Boudoir. Both of these were quite a bit larger than our room, and would be great for a longer stay.

Out back, through the garden, was a two-suite Carriage House, original to the property. Wendy's creative touches extended to the garden as well, with cheerful iron ornaments placed throughout. All in all, the impression and the reality gelled...it was just lovely and terrifically comfortable. It was so comfortable that I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning so I missed the breakfast sitting, but Steve was kind enough to fetch me some scones and fruit and some juice anyway. Bravo, Steve and Wendy, for creating a very special environment!

One note...when you visit Intercourse (and you *know* you will), drive back to Ephrata on highway 772. It was a lovely drive through beautiful countryside.

Room Tip: I would probably choose Garden Window. It was large, and on the back of the house so it would be a...
Boonsboro, Maryland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at Wendy and Steve Trapp's 1777 Americana Inn B and B in Ephrata, PA. What a wonderful experience! A beautiful 18th Century home, tastefully restored and decorated, good food, a comfortable bed and hosts that were friendly, gracious and anticipated and accommodated our every need. We were impressed! Not only was this historic home outstanding, the garden to the rear of the house with its lush foliage and flowing water features provided a tranquil place to relax with a book and beverage. Of all of the B and Bs that we have sampled, we rank this among the best and will enthusiastically recommend it to all of our friends. Thank you Wendy and Steve for a wonderful weekend. Marie and Mark B. Maryland

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been to other B&Bs in Lancaster and the surrounding area and every single time I come to town I head right back to the 1777 house. I've been there a total of 5 times so far and stayed in a different room each time and impessed more than the time before. The atmosphere is laid back in colonial heaven. The Innkeepers are gracious and very attentive. Breakfast is always full of choices from granola with fruit and yogurts to hot delicious breads and egg dishes. I love the home made orange butter. I know you will enjoy all the comforts of home without all the work.

• Stayed August 2013
Edinburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I choose the 1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast because it had the best rating of all B&Bs in the area. I doubt seriously that there is a B&B in the area that can beat the 1777 Americana Inn. My wife and I are experienced B&B frequent flyers so we know our B&Bs and I can tell you that this one is the best we've ever stayed in. I wanted the best because it was a surprise for my wife's "29th" birthday. A day of antique shopping and good food which Steve helped us with - thanks Steve! Wendy sent us on our way early in the morning by creating a fantastic breakfast that my wife had to take a picture of (probably on her Facebook page by now). The room was spotless and a comfortable bed was great after a day of traveling. Steve and Wendy were excellent hosts and made us feel right at home as soon as we arrived. We will definitely be staying with them again probably in the honeymoon suite on our anniversary :)

Edinburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

As a birthday surprise weekend away, my ever thoughtful husband booked us to stay at the 1777 Americana Inn for a weekend of shopping and sightseeing. We enjoy staying at bed and breakfasts very much and try to experience different ones in different states as frequently as we can. So, I can say with confidence that my experience with the 1777 Americana Inn was one of sher joy and pleasure! A great host and hostess, Steve and Wendy are the most accommodating and friendly inn keepers I have ever met! Not only did they take the time to greet us warmly, but they volunteered to give us a tour of the magnificent grounds as well as a historical lesson on the history of this grand old home. So down to earth, yet very professional, Steve and Wendy felt more like family or old friends from the get go! They both had us laughing so hard! The warmth and kindness of this couple extends all the way to the very bones and soul of this magnificent old home. They have put their blood, swear and tears into making the 1777 Americana Inn the fabulous place that it is today and that is quite evident! As a guest here, I was silently scrutinizing the smallest details and I can honestly say...this has got to be THE CLEANEST Bed and breakfast I have ever seen! Not only has Wendy infused her artistic heart into the decor, but the place is absolutely spotless! We were so happy with the room we chose, the Garden Window Room. The bed was luxurious and the linens were tip top quality. It felt like satin on my skin. What a treat! The bathroom was well stocked with any toiletries I might have forgotten and a few nice extras that most other places never even think of...such as dental floss and make-up removing cloths....just to name a few. I was so happy to find that each room has it's own fireplace and air conditioning for individual comfort control. The room was equipped with wifi, a television, a fridge with ice cold water and soft bath robes....oh, did I mention the luxurious linens? Ha...these things are important to a girl! The decor was lovely and after spending a wonderful time chit chatting with our hosts and admiring the lovely furnishings, we took Steve's advice and enjoyed an amazing dinner with dessert and cocktails at Lilly's on Main. We returned later and was reminded by Wendy to help ourselves to the dining area's well stocked fridge full of sodas, beer and water and any snacks or coffee we might like. WOW! We chose a movie from the library and retreated to our room for a relaxing evening. we woke to an AHHHHHMazing breakfast of quiche, specialty breads, fresh Fruits and veggies and country fried potatoes with all of the HOMEMADE apple butter (made by Wendy from the apples off their very own trees!) that we could handle. The coffee was just right and the company as even better. What a chef this woman is!! Steve advised us to enjoy a lunch at the Black Angus restaurant (another magnificent choice) and spent some time with us, filling us in on the best antique and junking places around. All-in-all...a birthday to remember and I want to thank Steve and Wendy for helping to make it that way! The perfect host and hostess....completely friendly and available whenever needed, but non-intrusive and respectful of our privacy at the same time. I highly recommend the 1777 Americana Inn Bed and Breakfast and will most certainly book another stay here again...hopefully longer this time! Thanks so much Steve and Wendy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ephrata
Hampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Mountain Springs
Artist's Inn and Gallery
Artist's Inn and Gallery
#1 of 1 in Terre Hill
EJ Bowman House Bed and Breakfast

Been to 1777 Americana Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!