“Best empanadas in the world?”
Review of Aromas Del Sur

Aromas Del Sur
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Ephrata
Cuisines: Colombian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant was opened in October 2010 by a group of three Colombian sibilings. We like to say we serve Spanish food but most of our dishes are cooked and prepared with Colombian influence. We wanted to bring a little part of South America to the Ephrata and Lancaster area and educate people on our lifestyle. Please come by and enjoy something we are very passionate about. We have delicious appetizers which come out fast and are filling along with our plentiful entrees. We serve your typical dishes such as pork, steak, and chicken which are usually always accompanied by their rice and beans. These dishes are prepared with Colombian spices and seasoning, but are not spicy as many believe just flavorful. We have options for reservation, take out, BYOB, and large parties. TAKE A LOOK AT OUR NEW WEBSITE!!!Please feel free to call during business hours.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I cannot say enough about Aromas del Sur. Walking in there is as if you are walking into your own family's kitchen and everyone is happy to see you. The food is incredible every time (we eat there often), the staff is great and the empanadas are f'n perfect.

Start off with the empanadas and put a ton of the home made sauce on them. Make sure you are wearing loose fitting pants and then order the Bandeja Paisa. Get the version with everything... the chorizo, the egg, the chicharrón... all that. You probably won't finish it but tomorrow it will be the best breakfast you have ever had. Try the passion fruit smoothie too.

I'm glad this is so highly rated on TripAdvisor they really earned it. This place is awesome.

1  Thank amdubois
Joshua B, Owner at Aromas Del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Hola!

Thank you for such a friendly and amusing review! We are delighted to hear you enjoy our food as well as our staff. We do take pride in our empanadas as they are from scratch and with fresh ingredients from the region. We are just as happy as you are to see our restaurant has great ratings thanks to people like you!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Very personable staff (great job Arturo!) willing to educate a group of four locals on authentic Colombian cuisine. From empanadas, choriza (homemade sausage), yucca frita (with great sauce) and hen soup to paella (enough for several people), camarone al ajillo (garlic butter cream shrimp), and bandeja paisa (with many meats) - we had plenty of delicious food to take-home and remember a great meal.

1  Thank Montyshonk

Hello!

Thank you for your great review and ratings. We are happy to see you enjoyed your time with us and we love educating people a little bit on our culture and foods. Thank you for posting that great picture of the wholesome Paella!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was visiting the area for the first and me and my friend stopped here to eat. This was my first time trying Colombian food, but being a vegetarian I thought I would never be able to find something to eat. The service there was astounding and made food to specially fit my needs! I was so excited to try the food and it did not disappoint! I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant, as soon as we walked in the staff was friendly and the music was playing. I had a wonderful time and a delicious meal. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone!!

1  Thank Lindzee N
Joshua B, Owner at Aromas Del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for awesome and detailed review! We are glad you got great service and other reviewers will see that vegetarians can be accommodated! Thanks for coming by and we really hope we see you again!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I came across Aromas Del Sur on my Trip Advisor app while meeting family in Ephrata. The atmosphere was pleasant and the staff was very friendly. The complimentary sangria was a great way to start out the meal. The food was absolutely amazing and came with large portions. We ordered several meals including Tamales, Arroz Con Pollo, and Bandeja Paisa so that we could try each one. Everything was delicious. We will definitely return!

3  Thank Corvettet2
Joshua B, Owner at Aromas Del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hello!

Wow, we want to thank you on a wonderful review and awesome pictures! A picture is better than a thousand words and those pictures were taken perfectly! We are glad you enjoyed our complimentary beverage and especially our large portions. As I have mentioned to people before, Colombians are much like Italians where we serve lots of food mainly because we only have one large meal in the day with a smaller breakfast and dinner before and after. When you return you will have to try new things and hopefully take new pictures! Hope to see you soon!

Muchas Gracias!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family loves South American food. My son found this restaurant on his tripadvisor ap. We were overwhelmed. The owner treated us like VIP. He was warm and entertaining. He recommended a few dishes based on our preferences. They were superb. Xena (hope I spelled it correctly) was an exceptional hostess. We tried an appetizer, three different entrees (to share), and homemade rice pudding served warm! All I can say is "try it" I expect to see many more five star tripadvisor reviews. And of course, we plan to return.

2  Thank Theresa A

Hola!

First off, we want to thank you for your detailed and enjoyable review! It really illustrates the environment we want to portray. I am happy you felt like very important people because to us, you most definitely are! Xenia (you were so close!) is glad to hear you had a wonderful evening and that you liked her suggestions. Hope to see you soon!