“Nice surprise”

La Borimex
Ranked #8 of 76 Restaurants in Ephrata
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We were told to try the place, well worth the drive from Reading, Pa. Great food at a great price. The inside looks like a used gas station but don't let that fool you: food was incredible. We were greeted as soon as we walked in and our entire meal from start to finish was terrific. Def not a date night location but a great place for Mecican food.

There are newer reviews for La Borimex

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Super affordable food that is absolutely delicious! Two of my favorite dishes are the chicken chimichanga and the plantains with cream. My husband and I eat here at least 1x a month, and enjoy taking our friends out to dinner at this hidden gem.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This place is the real deal! Fresh, authentic Mexican food. Don't expect a nice restaurant or ambiance, but good ( cheap) food is what you will get.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We found this place when it was only a grocery just setting up a snack counter. Little by little, Litotes set up a few tables at a time. Soon there were more tables than groceries. The food and pricing are excellent. Very worth the visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is one of the places, that you wish you knew about. I am local, less than 10 minute drive, this is by far the most authentic mexican food I have ever eaten. It's wonderful. Everything we have tried as been fabulous. I'm a big fan of the chicken chimichanga, and the fajitas, every time they come out of the kitchen sizziling - Oh it smells unbelieveable. My son is obsessed with the fried ice cream (what child wouldn't be) and my mother in-law adores the talapia. I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal here. Occasionally, very occasionally the service is a little slow but not a complaint at all. One more plus is they are usually on restaurant.com with a coupon. Even better! From the outside it doesn't look like much but you will be pleasantly surprised.