“Lodging falls short for price”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Entriken
Lake Raystown Resort, an RVC Outdoor Destination
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Entriken
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Lodging falls short for price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Staying at the lodge for a few days to relax on the way home from a 10 day trip. The lake is beautiful! We are disappointed in the comfort of the beds and pillows for the price we are paying, could not get comfortable. Also the water saver shower head must go! Could not wash hair and could barely get the soap off my body. Had to sqat down and use bath faucet to wash my hair. Kitchenette is nice to have but nothing supplied but cups for coffee. This is the deluxe room! The wifi is spotty and irritating. The food and service at the cafe falls short. Even the children did not want to go back. Would not return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shel1358

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to the Raystown Resort cafe and had the worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant. There were 10 of us and the only people in the cafe when we placed our order. The waitress acted like she was on drugs and couldn't get anything right. When serving my food, she dumped my cole slaw on the table and left it there and never came to clean it up or bring me a new one even after I asked several times. Our food was brought out 2 to 3 meals at a time with about 20 minutes between each delivery. My father's burger was brought out last after everyone else was done eating and I believe the meat "mooed". It was supposed to be done medium well and there was blood dripping from the sandwich-it was so discusting! The crabcakes were not even edible either. Our family had a wedding there two years ago and the food was awesome.not sure what happened! My niece went to the manager and she said that she asked the head cook to come talk to us and he refused. The waitress never refilled the drinks even though they sat empty since we had to wait so long to get our food. I asked 3 times for mayonnaise and needless to say, I never got it. My husband ordered fries and wings and when she never brought the wings, I asked her about it and she said he never ordered them---she even asked him when he ordered it what kind of sauce he wanted.

After discussing with the manager, she decided not to charge us for the food since we had so many problems. She did say they have been having a lot of issues lately. I would say then you need to hire new help! We were there as a family for the one year anniversary of my brother's death because of his love of Raystown Lake....like the day wasn't hard enough but then they had to make it worse!

Take my advice-don't ever go to this place to eat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank lori l
Alex E, Public Relations Manager at Lake Raystown Resort, an RVC Outdoor Destination, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We were moved by your reason for revisiting us and apologize for the issues you encountered during your meal. As a result, we have revisited our staffing levels to ensure better service as well as looking at ways to increase our efficiencies. We certainly value your patronage and hope you will give us a chance to earn back your business.

Travelers are raving about these Entriken hotels

Pittsburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Disappointed there are restrictions on the days you are allowed to book. Looks like we will not be visiting here! I just called to book a Thursday night and Friday night stay two weeks in advance and was told you are not allowed to check in and out during these days. This is the first time I have been turned down from staying in hotel. I can understand that you would want to reserve the bungalows, villas, etc but I am unable to even book a room in the lodge. We were looking forward to visiting but looks like we will have to plan a vacation somewhere else.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank btp8089
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

We just had my daughters wedding at Raystown Lake and Resort for the entire weekend starting on Thursday. We stayed in the Villa's and guest stayed in cabins and the Lodge. The accomodations were great and the Villa's were really great because all our guests would gather in front of the waterfront Villa's every night. All our guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended. We started Friday night with a picnic and the wedding was held on Saturday at the Conference Center. The wedding was beautiful on the Tree Top Terrace and the cocktail hour food was incredible. The sit down dinner exceeded my expectations and every guest loved their meal. The Tree Tops Terrace and the ballroom were so beautiful it made me cry. Dan and Jenn are the best when it comes to hosting the party. They took care of every detail we requested. It was a really hectic weekend because I spent an entire year planning the wedding for my daugther and everything exceeded my expectations.
We started camping at the Resort about 6 years ago and really love the place. The scenary is beyond compare.

Room Tip: The Lodge suites and the Villa's are beautiful
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lisa g
Hamilton, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We reserved this place for a conference this past Memorial Day Weekend, and we were very pleased with the overall service and the accommodations the staff provided us for our programs. We had programs from 5am in the morning till midnight, and even with these ridiculous times, I could always see the event manager Dan trying everything he can to make sure everything worked out well.
The main cook, Clinton, was also very helpful and passionate about his work. I had the opportunity to talk with him many times, and he's one of the nicest hotel staff members I've ever met.

The only complaint I (and a number of our conference guests) had was the rather unkempt hotel rooms. Even though the conference center itself is large, clean, comfortable and state-of-the-art, the lodge rooms were small and stuffy. I've stayed in worse hotel rooms, but with such a nice conference center, one would expect better rooms. That's one thing the management could look at.

Obviously, the lake and the surrounding area are beautiful and worth a visit. Only problem with the location is its distance from large towns, meaning that a trip to the closest grocery store (Giant Eagle) is still a good 30 minute car trip.

Room Tip: If you're gonna forget to bring shampoo or a towel, don't get the villas or cabins. Neither...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eebs13
Hurley, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Went to a wedding at this resort. Our first trip there. Beautiful setting right on the lake. Nothing fancy but very comfortable with microwave and fridge for keeping food. Marina Cafe is basic faire but great setting on the lake. General Store well equipped.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the Lodge or if you want lake access, rent a villa
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank James C
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

True story...roaches, yes...roaches...rooms are musty, POOR to no maid service, think old shore motel. No money put back into property in years, from maintenance to landscaping to HVAC and carpeting...the Lodges (all 3 of them) are a mess...conference center very nice but that focal point needs to expand to the entire 'resort' - management should be ashamed to call it that...casual restaurant at conference center had terrible service and prices outrageous, airport prices because they have you, no where else around...$12 loaded fries, $13 burger with chips, etc. - you'd be better off camping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank brian y
LRResortGM, General Manager at Lake Raystown Resort, an RVC Outdoor Destination, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Brian Y,

Thank you for your review of your stay in May 2013. Our guest's insight is a valuable resource for us.

Please know that your experience at the Lodge is an exception not the norm. Our Front Desk Staff is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to assist guests with any problems that they may encounter during their stay at Lake Raystown Resort, Lodge & Conference Center. Also, if you find that your accommodations do not meet your expectations, we are always happy to provide alternate guest accommodations based on availability. Our Front Desk Staff can do so quickly and efficiently when contacted.

Our Lodge offers both Standard Rooms and Deluxe Rooms. Standard Rooms are priced at our lowest rate.

We do offer many different types of accommodations at Lake Raystown Resort, Lodge & Conference Center - each of them appealing to different guests. The Standard Lodge Rooms are for the more Budget Minded guest and priced accordingly. Building 3 at the Lodge is home to our Suites which are appointed with a King Sized Custom Amish Made Bed, Plasma TV, Jacuzzi Tub, separate Living Room and custom cabinets, draperies and bed linens. This Building also has our Deluxe Rooms which also have handmade Amish Furniture, custom Adirondack decor and upgraded bedding and finishings. The Deluxe Rooms and Suites have a higher nightly rate but can be reserved at anytime by any guest based on availability.

In addition to our 52 room Lodge, we have 79 Rental Units. The Rental Units range from our Pine Camping Cabins that have a more rustic feel to our Waterfront Villas that have 2 separate bedrooms, a full kitchen and offer a private wooded setting away from the majority of our guests. We have so many options - there is something for everyone.

We encourage guests that find that there accommodations do not meet their expectations to let us know while at The Resort. Our Front Desk Staff is available 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and can help find alternate accommodations at The Resort to suit each guests' needs.

The Marina Cafe offers many different menu choices at a range of prices. The Deck Burger is 8 ounces of prime ground beef served to order, served with potato chips and coleslaw for $11.95 or $12.95 to add applewood smoked bacon to the burger. We also offer a Pulled Pork Sandwich (hand shredded with house made BBQ sauce) for $8.95. The Loaded Dock Fries are priced at $6.50 per order and are freshly cut (in house) potatoes smothered in cheddar cheese, with bacon crumbles, and scallions. The most expensive menu selection on our current menu at The Marina Cafe is $22.50 for the Steak & Frites, a marinated bistro steak grilled to perfection then drizzled with a red wine demi-glace and served with traditional pomme frites tossed in fine herb sea salt and served with a truffle aioli.

We hope that you will return and stay in a different type of accommodation that better suit your needs! Looking forward to seeing you soon, Brian Y!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Entriken
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
Huntingdon Motor Inn
#3 of 4 in Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Altoona
Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona

Been to Lake Raystown Resort, an RVC Outdoor Destination? Share your experiences!