“Perfect little hometown place”

Center Street Grille
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Enola
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Perfect little hometown place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Have been coming to the grille for a while. The grilled cheese on the lunch menu is amazing! I know, grilled cheese, right!? It comes with bacon and tomato, you just can't go wrong. For dinner appetizer, the crab crowned scallops are a favorite! My favorite, "pub grub" items are wings and the Bubba burger. The dining room is small and a little dark but I have noticed they have added some more lighting which has improved the appearance. The bar continues to be updated with lighting and tv's. We recommend it to friends looking to try something different. Can't go wrong!

Visited April 2013

Goult, France
“Cash Cow lays an egg!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

It is a family tradition that when I visit my Harrisburg relatives: we go out to dinner at Center Street Grill. In the past there has been no deciding what we would order: CRAB CAKES. We are from Maryland and even in our state great crab cakes are hard to find. So our mouths were watering when we went into our old favorite source, hoping that the new owner would provide the usual high-quality crab cakes--with a minimum of filler--but sadly, no. These were huge, I admit that: the trick was that the meat was held together with what I can only call ground up turkey stuffing. Horrors (our ex-favorite place in Baltimore-G&M near the airport--has pulled the same trick--fist sized crab cakes...same amount of crab meat but doubled to baseball size with "stuffing". Yuk.) You might go away "full" but not satisfied. End of Center Grill for us. Things were not totally lost for our no-seafood companions: One had. fish and chips which were wonderful (she let me take a taste) and another Bill had meatloaf: hard to mess that up..until you recieve that (long awaited) gravy..which was horrendous. It had no body, just a dark watery fluid.
Center Street Grill: I know you are a local place and it's fun to see the neighbors filling the place, but please get your act together--better service, better food, please! We are spending hard-earned money: take us seriously.
If you just want burgers and fries, this place is just fine. The cole slaw is good, too.
So far this year I have had several really good crab cakes. The first place is Dutch's Daughter in Frederick (get directions before you go, it is hard to find) and..Sweetwater Tavern in Merrifield, Va. (Rt 50 and the beltway) and their new location in Sterling, Va. This is for people who have a little bit of Maryland in their blood and want to have an authentic, meaty taste of heaven.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We used to go this the place years ago but now under new management and remodelled it is better than it ever was. The wait staff is great, the atmosphere is that of a quiant local place that often you will see people know each other. The VERY best part of the restaurant is the food. The menu is unique and sometimes adventurus. We have tried several things from your basic burger to seafood ( the crab cakes are among the best i have ever had) to some different items like the upscale chicken and waffles. My family and I have not once been disappointed and we do a lot of traveling and eating in restaurants. This is by far our favorite local place to eat!!

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Very good local food & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went on a Satuday night and the restaurant and bar were very crowded but not uncomfortable. Our server was very good. He knew the menu and really hustled to make sure he attended to all of his tables. We were impressed with his ability to manage our order error free given the busy atmosphere. The food was also very good. I had crab cakes, which were huge. I could not eat all of even one and I am a big eater. My husband had the crab and chicken dish which he enjoyed. He too had food left over. My only negative is that the music in the dining room was too loud.

Staten Island
“I'm Hoping it Was Just an Off Night”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went here for dinner while in town visiting family. We have been here a few times before but only for parties and never for a regular meal. We decided to go since the food has always been good and people I know have eaten there and loved it. We went on a Saturday night and it was crowded but only waited about 15 minutes for a table. The table was comfortable and the dining room was filled. It took a long time for our server to come over and take drink orders and even longer to return with the drinks. When she brought the drinks and placed then she walked away and didn't even ask us if we wanted to order appetizers at least. Eventually she came back and took our orders and she really didn't seem overly friendly and even seemed a bit bothered. After another long while the food began to arrive and at sides were forgotten and we were then told after reminding her that they were out of many sides. She never informed us or asked us what else we may have wanted until we said something. The food was just okay, nothing special. Portions were inconsistent and some food was not cooked properly. Needless to say we were very disappointed. I know it may have been an off night or a new server or whatever but it was not good. Not once did any manager come over to ask how everything was and the server seemed preoccupied all night long. I really don't think I'd go back there the next time we're in town.

• Visited January 2013