“I'm Hoping it Was Just an Off Night”

Center Street Grille
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Enola
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went here for dinner while in town visiting family. We have been here a few times before but only for parties and never for a regular meal. We decided to go since the food has always been good and people I know have eaten there and loved it. We went on a Saturday night and it was crowded but only waited about 15 minutes for a table. The table was comfortable and the dining room was filled. It took a long time for our server to come over and take drink orders and even longer to return with the drinks. When she brought the drinks and placed then she walked away and didn't even ask us if we wanted to order appetizers at least. Eventually she came back and took our orders and she really didn't seem overly friendly and even seemed a bit bothered. After another long while the food began to arrive and at sides were forgotten and we were then told after reminding her that they were out of many sides. She never informed us or asked us what else we may have wanted until we said something. The food was just okay, nothing special. Portions were inconsistent and some food was not cooked properly. Needless to say we were very disappointed. I know it may have been an off night or a new server or whatever but it was not good. Not once did any manager come over to ask how everything was and the server seemed preoccupied all night long. I really don't think I'd go back there the next time we're in town.

There are newer reviews for Center Street Grille

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Don't be discouraged by the external appearance. Once you are inside, the atmosphere is great. Enjoy the experience, mingle with locals, engage the friendly staff and eat tasty food. Definitely a place you will want to revisit.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I agree with the other reviewers. In fact, I did drive right by the place, not thinking it was a restaurant. If you leave your ego at the door, you'll be satisfied with the choice. The dining room is upscale diner, and the bar is definitely "local." BUT, you'll be surprised when things like scallops smothered in crab meat appear on the menu. If you are going to sit at the bar and have dinner with a friend, you'll probably spend $60-$70 easy (for the two of you). So, this isn't the bargain of the century. But after two dinners, I would certainly return again without hesitation. And, the staff is very friendly and down to earth. All in all, a comfortable way to spend a few hours and get a good meal.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Your initial thoughts would be to just drive by. It looks like a beat biker bar from the outside. However, the chef is excellent and inside you will see the entire gamut of diners. Food is always good and usually there's something a little different to interest retturning diners. Only downside is they are not open on Sundays!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

This place is not much to look at from the outside - actually you may be tempted to turn around, but once you get inside, it is an old school restaurant with a warm, local, mom/pop feel. I was in Mechanicsburg, PA for the week and I actually visited the place twice. The first night I got the salmon. When it came out, it was a HUGE piece of fish that tasted great! I was impressed!. Then second time I ate there, I hot the pork chop which was the thickest chop I'd ever seen - it had to have been at least 4in thick. It was a little underdone for my taste (probably because it was so thick) but it still was good. I would definitely reccommend this place if you are in the area. I'll definitely be back.