“Best soft ice cream around!!”

Kristy's Whistle Stop
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Enola
Description: We are currently closed for the season. thank you so much.see you in april
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Kristy and her staff make some the best sundaes and "hurricanes" ever - fresh cut French fries are excellent and she has a foot long hot dog that is great!!! Super value for the money

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Having read good reviews in the local newspaper and having seen the TripAdvisor logo on the door of Kristy's Whistle Stop, my wife and I decided to try the "whistle Burger" and a small Coca Cola. The burger did not taste like a burger, one burger came well done and one medium, although we both ordered the burgers at the same time, the meat tasted like old meat, and the small Coke was more like a midget Coke, with 3/4 of the cup full of shaved ice and flat -- I don't think I was able to draw more than three sips. The price was not worth what we received..

Perhaps it was bad day, or simply my opinion, but it was not a good experience for my wife and me.

If you are nostalgic for the 50's atmosphere of a roadside modified stand across from the train yard, then this is the place.

Others may recommend this place, but from my experience, I cannot.

Management response:Responded September 3, 2015

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but if you would have told us then we would have done everything to remedy the problem. Also our drinks are free refills and we would have filled your soda as many times as you wanted. When there is an issue if we are told about it we go out of our way to fix the problem. I'm very sorry this happened. And speaking for most restaurant owners if there is an issue please let us know at the time so we can handle it and fix the issue. Thank you!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Right across from the Enola Train yard. I really like their hotdogs like the foot long Chili Cheese dog call the trainwreck. They have really good barbeque and generous portions of fresh cut French fries. They can make just about anything you can think of ice cream wise. For our son’s birthday we got an Ice cream cake made to order, which got rave reviews from our party goers.

Kristy is very community minded, when town festival was canceled she let vendors use her parking lot. The wrestling club had made perishable food for the festival and this enable them to have a successful fundraiser.

It has that original 50’s roadside attraction feel. Nothing better than on a nice day getting some ice cream and watching the cars and trains go by.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great summer stop. Excellent sandwiches, and great ice cream and sundaes. We visit frequently in the summer.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I were there on Friday 9/13/13 for desert after eating in Harrisburg. WOW! What a neat place to go for desert. An incredible selection to choose from. I just want to start at the top of the menu and eat my way through it. All this at the most reasonable prices you could imagine!

Been to Kristy's Whistle Stop? Share your experiences!