“Outstanding!!”

Tavern On the Hill
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Enola
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tucked intimately into the Enola hillside, Tavern on the Hill is just 10 minutes across the river from Pennsylvania's Capitol Complex. Warmth emanates from the double glass doors, inviting you inside for a welcoming and intimate experience complete with the finest delicacies, craft cocktails, and exceptional service. Our eclectic menu features top quality meats, fresh, and sometimes rare seafood that is delivered fresh daily and skillfully-prepared. Our highly trained dining room and kitchen staff work together to provide you with an upscale, personal, and flawless dining experience . In addition to our regular menu, the Tavern offers a Blackboard Specials Menu. These featured items are hand-picked daily by our Executive Chef. Blackboard Specials may be hard-to-find delicacies such as exotic seafood or fish from halfway around the world, or a special cut of prime grade meat prepared in an uncommon way and/or with a delightful sauce using rare ingredients.
Reviewed March 17, 2016

We ate at the Tavern on the Hill for a birthday celebration. Everything was wonderful.....the food, the service, the wine. One person had the lobster tail and fillet and said it was delicious. I had the 10oz fillet and it was cooked perfectly. Two at our table had the creme brulee and thought it was the best they ever had. Can't wait to go back again. A little pricey, but it was worth it. Great menu selections.

1  Thank Carlene H

Reviewed February 14, 2016

My fiancé took me here for dinner. This was my first and last visit. For the price of the food it was very bland and tacky. They had a special menu which they should have mentioned when he made the reservation. I went for scallops and ended up ordering 32$ fish which looked and tasted like Talapia. Very bland no sauces. We ended up going to Aroogas after wasting all of that money. Disappointed since I've heard good things about this place.

1  Thank iou713
Reviewed December 18, 2015

Ate dinner here on a whim. Have been here several times before and it was good. Last night was a train wreck.
I ordered the prime porterhouse done medium and finished with only butter and salt. Made sure to ask about garlic and onions because I don't care for them. The "first" steak was served with Onion rings and chopped spring onions on top. I told the server and she took it back. Minutes later a new steak was brought out. I could tell it was overcooked but cut into it and it was brown through and through. The manager came over and agreed. He apologized and ordered a "third" steak. Now you would think someone might be paying attention by the third steak but NO.... It came out and was more well done than the second. Again apologies were offered and I simply asked for the check. Sorry Guys but Three Strikes and You Are Out!

3  Thank HJPofi
Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening at this beautiful restaurant. We each had a delicious, although pricey, martini. My husband had the porterhouse and I had a shrimp cocktail appetizer and veal meatballs marinara. We were very happy with our choices; simply delicious! Service was excellent and overall a truly fine dining experience for our wedding anniversary celebration.

Reviewed November 16, 2015

I've usually praised this restaurant for the steaks but last week I had a steak that was anything but very good. I don't know if it is the new management or just one bad experience. The other three in our party were very pleased with their seafood dinners but my meal was over cooked, tough and somewhat tasteless for a $30 plus rib-eye.

2  Thank Charles W